Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC (657 Views)

13-yr-old Nigerian Emerges Youngest AWS Developer Associate In Africa / Help! I'm At A Crossroad In Life. / Free Anti-ransomware For Computers With Latest Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Kinzeyfranks(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello guys,

Please I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC.
Been battling with since three-four days ago.

After I visited the linuxcommand.org page I was prompted to install some files which I thought was part of the learning materials. I never knew it was an eegf ransomware. Now, I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC. It has encrypted all my files and has appended .eegf extension to all of them.

It was followed with messages known as _readme.txt.
The .txt file contains two email addresses namely; support@bestyourmail.ch and supportsys@airmail.cc. and threats that I should pay them without further delay to get my files back.

How do I get rid of it and get my files back/de-encrypted?

Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Kinzeyfranks(m): 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
I need help please embarassed cry cry

Kinzeyfranks:
Hello guys,

Please I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC.

After I visited the linuxcommand.org page I was prompted to install some files which I thought was part of the learning materials. I never knew it was an eegf ransomware. Now, I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC. It has encrypted all my files and has appended .eegf extension to all of them.

It was followed with messages known as _readme.txt.
The .txt file contains two email addresses namely; support@bestyourmail.ch and supportsys@airmail.cc. and threats that I should pay them without further delay to get my files back.

How do I get rid of it and get my files back/de-encrypted?
Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by funshint(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
seun and other mods should push this to frontpage. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Kinzeyfranks(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Thanks bro...lemme tag the mods lalasticlala mynd44
funshint:
seun and other mods should push this to frontpage. Thank you.
Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by GoodBoyBadVibes(f): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
There are tons of solutions online...
After you recover them.. Do not forget to back up your important files... Very crucial
Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Nwaotu10(m): 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
ESET ANTIVIRUS WOULD'VE SAVED YOU FROM THIS RANSOMWARE ATTACK.
BUT NA ALL THESE CHEAP ANTIVIRUS UNA DEY LIKE RUN. grin grin grin
Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by daHcKR: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2022
Have you fixed it?..
I can try to help .
Where are you located?. Or better still let's chat

1 Like

Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Weezyclan(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
What you need now is a higher antivirus software to fight this. I recommend Quick Heal Pro Antivirus. Buy the licensed version.
Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Kinzeyfranks(m): 10:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
No!
I have not fixed it.
I an in Benin/UNIBEN

Okay my WhatsApp contact is -0-8-1-4-9-9-4-6-1-8-0

Thanks
daHcKR:
Have you fixed it?..
I can try to help .
Re: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files: Ransomware Attack On My PC by Kinzeyfranks(m): 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
How do I reach you please?

daHcKR:
Have you fixed it?..
I can try to help .

(1) (Reply)

13 Best Whatsapp Alternatives In 2022 / Is A Domain Name Needed Before I Get A Forum Up And Running / Website Of Year 2008: The Results!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.