Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture (358 Views)

Do This Scripture Contradict Itself And Make The Bible Invalid? / This Scripture Shows That God Recognizes Masturbation / How To Say An Actual No To Sexual Immoralities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
I'm responding to this post https://www.nairaland.com/7162565/bad-people-burn-hell by gideonjeta

There is a common misconception that Hell doesn't exist and all references to this place in Scripture is actually a metaphor for the grave. This train of thought is common among a cult know as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

But the truth is that Hell is indeed a place where people are currently and the following Scripture makes it clear

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;

Hell, based on the above Scripture is a literal place where there are literal Angels reserved in chains for the day of Judgement. Note that the Scripture makes it clear that they have not been judged yet. A parallel Scripture would be the one below

Jud 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Let me mention again that Hell is not the final abode of the wicked. The following Scripture tells us what will happen on the day of Judgement

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell gave up the dead in them. And they were each judged according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were thrown into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Hell is a place that currently holds not only Angels, but humans also. The story of the rich man and Lazarus found in Luke 16 makes this clear.

Hell is a place bad people go to when they die. Man is a spirit and there several Scriptures that prove this emphatically. When man dies his spirit departs from his body and goes to either Heaven or Hell to await the day of Judgement.

Now one reason why people say that God couldn't have created Hell is because they believe that Hell paints God in a bad light. On the contrary, I actually believe that Hell actually makes God out to be a really awesome person! Why do I say that? For the following reasons

1. The existence of Hell shows that God hates evil and shows just how much He hates it. The fact that He is willing to let the wicked rot there for eternity shows that He indeed has strong hatred for evil and this, I believe, shows just how good He is.

2. God loves evil people and doesn't want them to go to hell. In fact, Scripture tells us that God is saddened by the death of evil people. God doesn't enjoy watching His creation suffer in Hell.

3. God has made it clear in Scripture that He doesn't want any human to go there. In fact, Scripture tells us that Hell was originally prepared for the Devil and his angels and when man rebelled against God, he too became destined to go there.

4. God has made a way for all to escape Hell through His Son Jesus. You don't have to go to hell. You can live forever with God. God has made a way for this to be so by placing faith in His Son Jesus.

Hell is real! Don't let the Jehovah's Witnesses and Annihilationists deceive you. Don't listen to people like Kobojunkie that have a twisted interpretation of Scripture.

Please lets all abide by the truth. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03am On Jun 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:
I'm responding to this post https://www.nairaland.com/7162565/bad-people-burn-hell by gideonjeta

There is a common misconception that Hell doesn't exist and all references to this place in Scripture is actually a metaphor for the grave. This train of thought is common among a cult know as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

But the truth is that Hell is indeed a place where people are currently and the following Scripture makes it clear

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;

Hell, based on the above Scripture is a literal place where there are literal Angels reserved in chains for the day of Judgement. Note that the Scripture makes it clear that they have not been judged yet. A parallel Scripture would be the one below

Jud 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Let me mention again that Hell is not the final abode of the wicked. The following Scripture tells us what will happen on the day of Judgement

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell gave up the dead in them. And they were each judged according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were thrown into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Hell is a place that currently holds not only Angels, but humans also. The story of the rich man and Lazarus found in Luke 16 makes this clear.

Hell is a place bad people go to when they die. Man is a spirit and there several Scriptures that prove this emphatically. When man dies his spirit departs from his body and goes to either Heaven or Hell to await the day of Judgement.

Now one reason why people say that God couldn't have created Hell is because they believe that Hell paints God in a bad light. On the contrary, I actually believe that Hell actually makes God out to be a really awesome person! Why do I say that? For the following reasons

1. The existence of Hell shows that God hates evil and shows just how much He hates it. The fact that He is willing to let the wicked rot there for eternity shows that He indeed has strong hatred for evil and this, I believe, shows just how good He is.

2. God loves evil people and doesn't want them to go to hell. In fact, Scripture tells us that God is saddened by the death of evil people. God doesn't enjoy watching His creation suffer in Hell.

3. God has made it clear in Scripture that He doesn't want any human to go there. In fact, Scripture tells us that Hell was originally prepared for the Devil and his angels and when man rebelled against God, he too became destined to go there.

4. God has made a way for all to escape Hell through His Son Jesus. You don't have to go to hell. You can live forever with God. God has made a way for this to be so by placing faith in His Son Jesus.

Hell is real! Don't let the Jehovah's Witnesses and Annihilationists deceive you. Don't listen to people like Kobojunkie that have a twisted interpretation of Scripture.

When people patiently listen to healthful words they will grasp facts.
Thank God for freedom of speech, expression, worship and association today, nobody can stop others from hearing the truth! John 8:32

1 Like

Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When people patiently listen to healthful words they will grasp facts.
Thank God for freedom of speech, expression, worship and association today, nobody can stop others from hearing the truth! John 8:32

That also goes in my favor, dear brother
Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:50am On Jun 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

That also goes in my favor, dear brother
If we both believe that the true God has given each person working brains with the ability to discern between truth and falsehood then there's no need telling one not to listen to another.
For your information that's exactly what religious TERRORISTS meant fighting to stop other religions from airing their views.
So if you will be my brother in Christ then you must believe in Jesus of Nazareth who gave everyone the opportunity to listen to different opinions before making their choice. You can tell your own children or followers what to or not to listen to but not the general public! smiley
Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by immaculatesense(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Dear Op
I want to appreciate ur desire to pass the message of Christ through this channel...ur intentions are God. I attend a Pentecostal church and a Sunday school leader and preacher but I love to be addressed as a believe with no affiliation to bias.
My take on ur submission. U were right wen u said "hell" is a place,u we're definitely right. But,which is where I want u to take not is the "hell" does not av just a single meaning in the original language used in composing the scriptures. Let me start with the Bible passages u quoted. The hell referred to by Peter and Jude are the same but not that place uses total darkness...it never mentioned fire. Also it said there were kept for judgement meaning the av not been judged until the day of judgement...now before I move forward...using the two verses that shows that this particular hell was a place of darkness and not fire,also it is a place where those involved as it were demons where locked and kept till the day of judgement.
Secondly u talked about the parable of Jesus about Lazarus and the rich man. Noted, Jesus said it was a parable and a parable means a proverb which in itself is not literally true but passes a strong message of wisdom...Jesus uses so many of such and thank God Africans av proverbs to like wen we were growing up about the story of tortoise etc. Secondly,Christ said Lazarus was taken to Abraham bossom...if Jesus was narrating a true story...Abraham was 1400 years from Adams death...from Abraham to Noah and the righteous people who walked with God before Abraham...in whose bossom were they? Was it Abraham's that had not even bn born until the next over a thousand years?
My conclusion
Hell is a phase and a transition from life to life which is death...when a man dies,he cease to exist until the trumpet sounds when righteous ones will rise first with the dead and the living...others who are alive will still live for a time and half a time...then they will die and all the dead will rise for judgement... remember those who witness the first resurrection will not pass through this judgement cos they av already bn justified. Then everyone who is not written in the book of Life will be casted into the lake of fire...whether that fire is literally or figurative...I don't know and I don't care...since I won't be there and I Don't hope to be der to confirm.

Say no to SUICIDE. u still available hope
Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by RepoMan007: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good points.
Hell became logical in the picture of man because there has to be a way out for reconciliation.
The bible talks about the day of reconciliation in the NT. Reconciliation is simple the evening up of things. Those who took what doesn't belong to them will have to lose them and those who lost them will have them restored.
In Banking, if there has been an unapproved and undetected transaction that debits one account unjust to credit another account, at the periodic event of reconciliation, the transaction will be detected and reversed, leaving the previously credited account with a sudden reduction in balance.
That's how reconciliation of human will be.
Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by Janosky: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Oga, @ 2 Peter 2:4 "Tartarus" is the Greek word in that verse.
Greek Tartarus is not hellfire.
Fire can not punish disobedient Spirits.
Please go &learn accurate Bible truth from Jehovah's servants.
That's the cure for your delusion.

Hismasterpiece:

Psalms 16:10 & Acts 2:31-32, Jesus Christ was dead in hell that is the grave from where he resurrected.

The parable of Lazarus and Abraham has no connection to what you claim.

Go & do extensive research on Psalms 9:17 , for instance use Biblehub & understand that verse correctly. grin

Hismasterpiece:

Oga, from Genesis to Revelation,men have been sinning against God & several times God punished the sinners,I challenge you to name one sinner God has been torturing forever in fire.
Re: Hell Is An Actual Place That Currently Exists Based On This Scripture by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, from Genesis to Revelation,men have been sinning against God & several times God punished the sinners,I challenge you to name one sinner God has been torturing forever in fire.

This is the simplest question nah!

Adam and Eve! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Onaga Callistus Must Go! / Converting From Islam To Christianity: Story Of Islamic Fundamentalism In South / Join Illuminati In New York - Whatsapp +31 687546855

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.