Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State (365 Views)

Adorable Photos Of The Plateau Student Murdered By Suspected Herders In Kuru Jos / Suspected Herders Kill Driver, Machete 77-year-old Farmer In Ondo Communities / Tragedy As Flood Ravages Suleja Communities Niger state. 11 feared dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by cPapaAjascO: 4:42am On Jun 13, 2022
On Sunday, 11 people were killed in a renewed attack by suspected herders in the Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State's Igama community.

According to locals, no buildings remained standing in the community after the invaders burned them all down.

"The hoodlums, who are Fulani herdsmen, stormed Igama village in the early hours of today (Sunday) and attacked the community's youth."

"They let the elderly, children, and women flee while descending on the youth." "As I speak to you, 11 young men have been killed," the unidentified local told our correspondent over the phone.

Mrs Amina Audu, the council's chairman, confirmed the attack.

She said nine bodies had been recovered as of 4.22 p.m. on Sunday, when she spoke with our correspondent on the phone.

"I got a report that Fulani herders stormed Igama community between 4 and 6 a.m. today," Audu said (Sunday).

"As I speak to you, I am in the Okpoga police station. Three corpses have been brought from the community, and residents have just informed me that another six corpses are on their way to a mortuary."

Catherine Anene, a Superintendent of Police for the state police, confirmed the attack but said the command had not yet received details.

"The incident has been confirmed," Anene said, "but the command has yet to receive details from officers who responded to the scene."

https://www.regencyreporters.com.ng/2022/06/11-Feared-Dead-As-Suspected-Herders-Attacks-Igama-Community-Benue-State.html

Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by Toneypen247(m): 4:44am On Jun 13, 2022
Heavenly intervention becomes active when we create an environment that allows it to be. It is high time the people started defending themselves against these terrorist. How many more need to die before this menace is being curtailed.

God will help those who help themselves.

1 Like

Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by EMXTAN1(m): 4:48am On Jun 13, 2022
Hmm
Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by matrix199(m): 4:49am On Jun 13, 2022
Tragic
Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by saheedbadmus(m): 4:52am On Jun 13, 2022
Not again..shey dis people no go kill everyone b4 2023 election bayi..God av mercy on us oo

1 Like

Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by Nukilia: 5:08am On Jun 13, 2022
Time to keep an AR15 in every house.

Today's politicians have wrecked more havoc than the military regime we feared most.

The military must take over power in order to put a total stop to all these annihilation going on in this country.

All the politicians masquerading as democrats during the military era have turned out to be criminals seeking opportunity to loot the nations treasury.

1 Like

Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by OVB123: 5:36am On Jun 13, 2022
When it come to this, police will not respond quickly but if it were to be the other way round, u will see police protecting hausa/fulani. I swear, this country has to be divided, if peace will have to come to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by Urheadmaster(m): 5:43am On Jun 13, 2022
OVB123:
When it come to this, police will not respond quickly but if it were to be the other way round, u will see police protecting hausa/fulani. I swear, this country has to be divided, if peace will have to come to Nigeria.

This is a bad habit.

Police can respond quickly depending on how close they are to the scene of a crime.

Trying to make it looks as if they only respond when it comes to a matter concerning Fulanis will only cause you heart attack tongue.
Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by Megabig: 6:08am On Jun 13, 2022
I’m already numb at the kind of news I hear from Naija everyday. Now a daily occurrence and it’s sad.

1 Like

Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by robinso01(m): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2022
It is high time that other tribe go offensive on this fulani rather defending
Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by anonymuz(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2022
Until they fulfil their aim in ethnic cleansing..they will not stop unless they don't have fulani in federal government.
Re: 11 Feared Dead As Suspected Herders Attack Igama Community, Benue State by Naijaolosho2: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2022
I'm short of words.

(1) (Reply)

Those We See Attacking Us Are Armed Fulani Men, We Will Not Call Them Herdsmen / The Full Story About Senator Ekweremadu Alleged Organ Harvesting / Sen Okorocha Condemns Awomama Killings, Decries Conflicting Tales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.