Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video (48488 Views)

Why Are Politicians Not Cutting Ponmo, Frying Akara, Plaiting Hair This Campaign / Shehu Shagari's 1983 Election Campaign Advert (Throwback Photo) / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by DamnnNiggarr: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2022
shocked

Mandate2023:
The winner of the 1993 election......the richest man in Nigeria then, a philanthropist, businessman and politician

Great son of yoruba that challenged the military led hausa government....a hero he his
was
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by emmykk(m): 10:44am On Jun 13, 2022
jackcanfield:
Oya it remain the Jingle I know some of you go still remember..

Abiola nah the man oooo
SDP na the party oooo
To solve our problem for better tomorrow
MKO ooo Kingebe progress.

I think Tofa jingle was like

North and south ooo
East and west vote Tofa... something like that

3 Likes

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Ijoba85: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2022
That's a pure lie from the pit of hell ...He rendered help to everyone irrespective of tribal or religious affiliations. He was a great president Nigeria never had
Rexymania:

He was never a hero. He hated christians.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by thedio(m): 10:46am On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author=LagBlogger post=113755831]I still remember like yesterday statements like "Nigeria is tough, but don't make it Tofa".

2023 will make it 30 years since June 12 annulment. Time travels really fast (I dey pry 5 that year).

Abiola may have been a good choice in 1993. But for a better Nigeria don't vote APC next year.

When men were boys. Prostrate for ur big bro,I was in jss1 then. But u get sound memory boy.lol
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by staga: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2022
That advert was the game changer in the campaigns.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by BabaIbo: 10:51am On Jun 13, 2022
Mandate2023:
The winner of the 1993 election......the richest man in Nigeria then, a philanthropist, businessman and politician

Great son of yoruba that challenged the military led hausa government....a hero he his

He is no hero, he is a villain that got served by harvesting what he cultivated.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Mhomies: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2022
SporaD8:
"I tire for this world ooo na soso palava.
I tire for this problem I tire for life ooo!
Ogini?!
No work. No food. No lightie, No water!
Small money I dey get na soso transport dey chopam!
Small water I dey drink na soso dirty they full am Haba!
School ooo na headache. Hospital no drugs I tire for life ooo!!!..."
Now that's still the reality of an average Nigerian 29years later. That bad!

My brother, wetin you dey think o?
My sister, helep don come.
SDP... MKO... Kingibe... Action!
Abiola! Abiola!! Abiola!!! PROGRESS!

Abiola na the man o, SDP, the party to solve out problem and better our life ooo

SDP! Progress

1 Like

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by lakeside30: 10:55am On Jun 13, 2022
Honestly i am viewing this,tear ran down my face,this MKO would have solved all our problems in this country then ,even this generation would have seen the impact,but they never allow him to take his mandate,the likes of Authr Nzeribe,Tom ikimi,the former Senate president that spent 12 years and so many of them with Babangiga,,,,who do us in this country ,it is a pity

2 Likes

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by ib0221: 10:55am On Jun 13, 2022
Storyupdate:
MKO ABIOLA CAMPAIGN ADVERT DONE IN 1993 and still much Educative ( 29 years ago)

HOW OLD WERE YOU 29 YEARS AGO?

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0JHEj68Bos

M.K.O. Abiola ran for the presidency in 1993, for which the election results were annulled by the preceding military president Ibrahim Babangida because of allegations that they were corrupt and unfair.

Abiola was awarded the GCFR posthumously on 6 June 2018 by President Muhammadu Buhari and Nigeria's democracy day was changed to June 12.

Abiola's support in the June 1993 presidential election cut across geo-political zones and religious divisions, among a few politicians to accomplish such a spread during his time.By the time of his death, he had become an unexpected symbol of democracy.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CetYH67D_79/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Can someone, pls, post that other campaign advert.
The nation is on the rise again, on the rise again. Searching for Mr president on the rise again.... MKO is our man o, MKO is our man o
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by omoyeni37: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2022
Mhomies:

My brother, wetin you dey think o?
My sister, helep don come.
SDP... MKO... Kingibe... Action!
Abiola! Abiola!! Abiola!!! PROGRESS!

Abiola na the man o, SDP, the party to solve out problem and better our life ooo

SDP! Progress
��� Comrade you sabi sir, just like yesterday

1 Like

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Ezedon(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2022
Men I don old o, where una go bring out this advert??
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by olamike02: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2022
jackcanfield:
Oya it remain the Jingle I know some of you go still remember..
Nigerians on the March again. Looking for Mr President. MKO is our man ooo.

1 Like

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by legba1(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author=Buddha3 post=113755902]Even the hand gestures Tinubu keeps brandishing when he is hailed are clearly a copy-cat details of what MKO Abiola did back in the 90s.

The greedy, self-entitled, dictatorial ancestor must be thinking himself a reincarnated version of the messiah the Yorubas saw in Abiola.

Why are you idiots fixated on Yoruba....are you afraid or something. Fir your info, we have there contestants from the 3 geopolitical zones. Why not market your man and test his pooularity and wide acceptance rather than shouting Yoruba up-and-down. Play your politics and let Yorubas play theirs..... Before primary, y"all sang that song ABAT scale through. Now it is election, UNA not day tire?
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Ojetayo17(m): 11:07am On Jun 13, 2022
The struggle was so sweet in that year, my incoming president @Omoyele Sowore was with him in the struggle..... Omoyele a teenagers student leader
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Mandate2023: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2022
Rexymania:

He was never a hero. He hated christians.

How old were u in 1990, I believe u ought to have been in secondary sch then to fully understand 1993 election......ur parents must have planted hate inside u
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by wildkat: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2022
SporaD8:
"I tire for this world ooo na soso palava.
I tire for this problem I tire for life ooo!
Ogini?!
No work. No food. No lightie, No water!
Small money I dey get na soso transport dey chopam!
Small water I dey drink na soso dirty they full am Haba!
School ooo na headache. Hospital no drugs I tire for life ooo!!!..."
Now that's still the reality of an average Nigerian 29years later. That bad!

Yeah that’s the jingle
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by GGirll: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2022
Even then in primary school I can sing his party song it goes thus: on d match again on the match SDP people's choice on d match again,MKO is our man o, na him be d only hope o, his our man, na him be d hope of tomorrow, his our man o, on the match again.
May God bless Nigerians and may his soul continue to rest
in peace. All Nigerian love him, I think he was d one that introduced the cowbell milk.

2 Likes

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Awise09(m): 11:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Abiola should have be the cause of change but he shot himself on the foot, you don't fight against your creator no matter how wealthy you are, People that know history can relates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by arantess: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Mandate2023:

He didn't challenge anyone

He was involved in some of the coups and he was served breakfast when he was about to ascend

Don't change history, abiola was never a hero just like abach and babangida and the rest of them

1 Like

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by maybet081: 11:18am On Jun 13, 2022
Boybellaman:
I pray Tinubu doesn't suffer the same fate
l that might be his fate.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by juman(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2022
MKO Abiola.
The most generous man ever in Nigeria.
His generosity surpassed given out money, but sheer kindness.

He was kind to the fault.
I watched one interview of a big actor, an owu man from abeokuta, that said he looked for money everywhere to produce his own film, including asked obasanjo for help he said no.

But his family member encouraged him to go to simbiat Abiola who was their distance relation. She helped readily.

So many many stories of their goodness to people.
Three surat qurash to him, simbiat and kudi abiola.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by juman(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2022
Awise09:
Abiola should have be the cause of change but he shot himself on the foot, you don't fight against your creator no matter how wealthy you are, People that know history can relates.

Pro democracy people deceived him to continue fighting.
Because those pro democracy people saw him as a bait to get democracy.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by lordm(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Jakpon:
Please click like for Nnamdi Kanu and share for Peter Obi
you like problem, you want to confuse ipob people
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by 18wheeler: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2022
I was 13 years old in 1993. Not eligible to vote but very much aware of the realities of life then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author=legba1 post=113757246][/quote]

It is your stupid father, who evidently lacked the wherewithal to give you a decent and informed upbringing, that is an idiot!

Brainwashed societal misfit with a dense blob of decayed fat for a cranium content!
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by 18wheeler: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2022
I was 13 years old in 1993. Not eligible to vote but very much aware of the realities of life then.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Konjiboii: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2022
Just insert LP as SDP and Peter Obi to MKO Abiola, and this advert will still resonant this era.

1 Like

Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by updatedws: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2022
listening to the audio, u can tell the igbos made that advert. yet this ones hate igbos as AF
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by jaxxy(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2022
I remember that ad.
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by SALIMAN(m): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2022
babangida day 2022
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by Burgerlomo: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2022
Indommie generations make una rush come see sontin grin
Re: This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video by onuman: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2022
Eheee? The same Fulani-loyal soldiers aborted the Abiola dream, stopped progress for Nigerians, further tinkered with Nigeria's political structure through Abacha who proliferated too many states and local government councils in the old Northern region. Since the return to civilian rule, the skewed and lopsided political structure favoured by Fulani-led north has been producing quack presidents for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arrest NDLEA Officers Who Worked With Kyari’s Accomplices, IGP Tells Marwa / Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries / President Buhari Meets Barrack Obama (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.