Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members (991 Views)

Issues With Nairaland Antispam Bot - Seun Fix / Nairaland Antispam Bot / Seun, Your Antispam Bot Is Killing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members by clays: 6:05am On Jul 21, 2011
I have being advertising my business online for the past few years. Last year, due to Nairaland's popularity, I decided to use Nairaland as a means of getting to clients and I have had no problem with this.

Unfortunately just last week, when I made a post for my advert, I got a message about being underlisted by the Antispam post and thereby I have lost my forum privileges. I was told that my adverts were hidden and I may be unbanned shortly.

I have now been banned for the past 1 week, on reactivating my account, all my previous advert posts have being deleted.

I do not know what to do about this, I do not post in the wrong boards neither am I a spammer.

Nairaland should be an environment where anyone could get information in Nigeria easily without difficulties. Why is it now being restrictive? Please someone tell the admin to either reduce the tolerance of his Antispam Bot, or scrap out showcasing business on this site.
Re: Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members by clayso1: 6:41am On Jul 21, 2011
Well for your information, I just tried posting an advert with simple phrases that should do not sound spamlike, and I just got banned. Attached is the pic of my post that got me BANNED with a picture on the Graphics Board.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Re: Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members by bright007(f): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2011
*this banning thing is on ťĥĕ increase ooo.pls they should d̶̲̥̅̊ọ̥ sth about it.
Re: Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members by hunter121: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2011
That is good
Re: Nairaland's Antispam Bot Eating Up Adverts And Banning Members by velo10: 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2011

(1) (Reply)

What Makes You A Hustler? / 15 Things You Need To Know About Life. / My Oga At The Top's Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.