Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

How Do I Share The Rooms? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Share The Rooms? (32426 Views)

For Sale Four Bedroom Duplex All The Rooms Ensuite With An Extra Bq In Gbaga / Newly Built 4unit Of 4 Bedrooms Duplex Terrance At Ogudu Orioke All The Rooms En / Letting - A Wing Of Serviced 4 Bedroom Duplex With Ac In All The Rooms, 20kva G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by eallstar: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2022
Call a carpenter or a furniture to divide the room with all this modern plywood, it will even get a door.
It will be 2 rooms in a room and everyone will have their privacy, am talking about your children because no one can make me not to enjoy my marriage not even my children cos they will enjoy their own marriage later too. I don't joke with the other room grin
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by saintruky(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2022
Let d gurl sleep in d parlour for being too choosey...

teekay213:
Hi,

I got a 2bedroom flat because the place is close to me and my wife place of work.we couldn't get a 3bedroom around the area cos that was the one we saw at the time and it was not costly.

But here is the problem I have a 19yrs old boy waiting for admission and a 16yrs old girl in ss3 but I don't know how to allocate the 2 bedroom maybe my wife and I should take one and leave the other room for my son and daughter but my girl is already a lady and she doesn't want to share a room with her brother,,am also thinking my wife should share one room with our daughter while I share the remaining room with my son but what if me and my wife need each other.

Where we relocated from we had 3 bedrooms and everyone had his room but because that was the only apartment near and less costly we had to take it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by emorse(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2022
IamMobisola:

There's no need to inconvenience the boy.
The man should share a room with his son while the girl should share the other room with her mother.
That solves the case.
And when both parents need their "couple time", they do what?
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by eallstar: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2022
IamMobisola:

The only solution is for the man to share a room with his son while his wife shares the other with their daughter.
What happens to demarcation of the room? I know of someone who can do it perfectly with modern plywood and it will be 2 rooms in a room and everyone has their privacy
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by vanvickie(m): 11:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Orlaoluwayimika:
Hi bros Teekay213,

This is not a difficult issue at all. In fact ur daughter is right for not wanting to share room with her brother but that needs to be corrected in a way. Cos saying she doesn't want to share the room entirely with him is not possible in this sitn. Both of them would share the room togeda but both of them shouldn't sleep in the room togeda

Bro can be sleeping in the sitting room but his wears would be kept inside the room I believe the room has a wardrobe and if it doesn't pls get one so they can ve separate space to keep their wears in the room whilst in the night, the bro sleeps in the sitting room.

Pls ignore the insults from oda people and people saying she is ova pampered. She is an old teenager and she needs some privacy and it is not morally right to allow both brother and sister share the same bed

And why does everyone keep saying the guy should sleep in the sitting room?

Doesn't he also deserve to have his privacy? Or is his YOUNGER SISTER'S PRIVACY MORE IMPORTANT than his?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Lightorder: 11:38am On Jun 18, 2022
“. …my wife need each other.” Just send her a text.lol! Don’t mind me . It is a difficult situation. Everyone has to make sacrifices while you gradually search for 3 bedroom over time. For you to cope , timing for everything is key. It would not be the same. Children of nowadays are something elsewhere. In our days, why won’t you share same room with your brother or sister. If you want to change your clothes, use a wrapper or use the bathroom.

In my area, a man and the wife share one big room with their 4 children and heaven has not fallen. A Faan staff who lost his job. You guys should try to manage until the situation improves

1 Like

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by vanvickie(m): 11:41am On Jun 18, 2022
satandeterrible:
Many fools here saying the son should sleep in the sitting room.
Imagine.
Are men born to suffer?
So the boy should sleep in the sitting room while the girl enjoys the whole room to herself at night?
The girl get two heads? Why can't she too sleep in the sitting room so the boy cab sleep in the bedroom.

That's how unnessasry divisions start cropping up in the family.

OP, you girl is spoilt and that's a fact.
She probably masturbates while alone in a room, or she probably has stuff she smuggles in and out of the house which you do not know.

When I was young, I had three siblings and we all slept in one room without issues.
But you think your daughter at her tender age deserves a room for herself.
Okay.

Keep on spoiling the brat.

Thank you... This is the most sensible comment here. I wonder why the older brother's privacy shouldn't be considered as well.. Or is the girl child more important than the boy child? Or don't both of them have something to hide from the whole world?

The line of thought of you lots are preposterous.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
What a nonsense from a Girl of 16yrs . What about a family of more than 5 adults (male and female including the parents) living only in Room. What if you don't have money for 3 Rooms.

She's probably dating already and has access to a smartphone which she uses for all sorts of rubbish.

The man sounds like a man who would enable his daughter to do that

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by IamMobisola(f): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2022
eallstar:

What happens to demarcation of the room? I know of someone who can do it perfectly with modern plywood and it will be 2 rooms in a room and everyone has their privacy
He said he has tried that but there won't be enough ventilation because the room is small
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by jeff1607(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Rubbish. Why not rent a duplex for her.Or better still let her sleep in your room while you and your wife sleep in the parlour.
Nonsense.
Soft spot ni hardspot ko.
A minor that you will tell what to do is now telling you what to do.There are duplexes in that vicinity go and rent one so that she can have her separate room.

This is how parents breed ladies to having this entitlement mentality.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by IamMobisola(f): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2022
emorse:

And when both parents need their "couple time", they do what?
The kids are 19 and 16 yrs old, they would be off to the university soon and in the main time going for lessons, so they can still have time and space for that
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Jimbadly: 11:51am On Jun 18, 2022
Romanoff:

Thank you.

Welcome.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Anakazo22: 11:51am On Jun 18, 2022
osato45:
have a talk with your kids and let them understand why things are the way they are.

In terms of sharing, you can get a second mattress or foam possibly 2 by 6 type and place in the room where the kids are to stay, let the eldest occupy the bigger foam and the youngest takes the smaller foam which would be placed on the floor

Or better still get a wooden bunk bed of 3 by 6 that would make one person stay up and the other stay down

I think this is the best solution for now for the both of them. I don't buy the idea of you and your son taking one room and your wife and daughter sharing the other, it's totally wrong. A man and his wife should always sleep together and have time for each other.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by IamMobisola(f): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2022
tuzle:
I was staying in the same room with my two sisters till I was 17years, even sleeping on the same bed sometimes and my family isn't dysfunctional.

Have you seen your sisters unclothedness before? And have they seen yours before?
That is what I mean by dysfunctional. Everyone has a right to their privacy. Each can step out when the opposite gender wants to get dressed not staying in the room when the other wants to get dressed.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Ojimba1(m): 11:54am On Jun 18, 2022
We in the trenches we lived in 2 room face me I slap you house , we totalled 7 persons in the family ( my parents inclusive ) sut your children down let them know is not always rosy in the streets
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2022
IamMobisola:

He said he has tried that but there won't be enough ventilation because the room is small
..... Since he can't teach his kids good morals,let him and his wife sleep in the sitting room why the kids make use of the rooms.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Ara21(f): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2022
pozehnani:
Let your son be sleeping in the sitting room then or is that not a space. I'm suggesting this to prevent any form of sexual immorality between the two of them. Though the boy can still share the room with her, only that he can not sleep there at night.

By the way, what of family of six that live in a room and parlor apartment? Are they not living fine.?
That your girl is being too choosey and I think you caused it. Teach your children how to manage when things are not so rosey otherwise they'll grow up not being contented or knowing how to manage hard times.

Nothing too difficult here

You just said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2022
jeff1607:

..... And later they will start blaming someone else or whatever they believe in when these kids turn out worst.

Most people here saying they should sleep in separate rooms were all sleeping together with the sisters in the same room while growing up and I wonder how many of them defiled their sisters.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by tuzle(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2022
IamMobisola:

Have you seen your sisters unclothedness before? And have they seen yours before?
That is what I mean by dysfunctional. Everyone has a right to their privacy. Each can step out when the opposite gender wants to get dressed not staying in the room when the other wants to get dressed.
yes, and I never had any negative thought in my mind. We all shared the same bathroom then even with our parents.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by noskcid(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2022
teekay213:
Hi,

I got a 2bedroom flat because the place is close to me and my wife place of work.we couldn't get a 3bedroom around the area cos that was the one we saw at the time and it was not costly.

But here is the problem I have a 19yrs old boy waiting for admission and a 16yrs old girl in ss3 but I don't know how to allocate the 2 bedroom maybe my wife and I should take one and leave the other room for my son and daughter but my girl is already a lady and she doesn't want to share a room with her brother,,am also thinking my wife should share one room with our daughter while I share the remaining room with my son but what if me and my wife need each other.

Where we relocated from we had 3 bedrooms and everyone had his room but because that was the only apartment near and less costly we had to take it.

They are brother and sister, they should be happy sleeping in the same room or you get the same apartment you were using before
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
You seem to value work than family. A three bedroom maybe scare or expensive but that's what you need before devil visit your family
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by IamMobisola(f): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Since he can't teach his kids good morals,let him and his wife sleep in the sitting room why the kids make use of the rooms.
See this isn't about parents teaching their kids about morals. It is one thing to teach your kids about morals and it's an entirely different thing for the kids to DECIDE to stick to those morals. The environment and friends has more influence on a child than parents themselves. It's only a child that can decide to follow their parents teachings or be influenced by society.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by vanvickie(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
oglalasioux:
Your sitting room should be your boy's space. That's how it's done naturally.

Naturally, where please?
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by IamMobisola(f): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2022
jeff1607:

Not really. I can't even sleep on the same bed with my father or brother, not because i don't trust them but simoly because i can't be comfortable on the bed. Even when they are both around, I don't dress some certain way but once it's just me and my mom, I can walk around with just pants and bra. Some people feel comfortable sleeping without clothes, you don't expect them to do that on the same bed.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by We4all: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
teekay213:
Hi,

I am more interested in the number of kids you have than the problem at hand.

You will hardly see an average Nigerian family with 2 kids. Even if they are struggling, they will just keep birthing. I kinda admire you. It is also possible that you wanted more but fate has other plans for you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
IamMobisola:

See this isn't about parents teaching their kids about morals. It is one thing to teach your kids about morals and it's an entirely different thing for the kids to DECIDE to stick to those morals. The environment and friends has more influence on a child than parents themselves. It's only a child that can decide to follow their parents teachings or be influenced by society.
..... Be honest. While growing up did you never at a point shared room with your female relatives? Forget all this showing off here everybody claiming to come from a rich home. Most of us did while growing up.
So how many of those people that did defiled their sisters ?

Morals matter and if he had started earlier enough to teach and direct their paths towards the right way he wouldn't be here asking this question.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by IamMobisola(f): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Be honest. While growing up did you never at a point shared room with your female relatives? Forget all this showing off here everybody claiming to come from a rich home. Most of us did while growing up.
So how many of those people that did defiled their sisters ?

Morals matter and if he had started earlier enough to teach and direct their paths towards the right way he wouldn't be here asking this question.

I am a lady, me and my sister shared the same room. My brother had his own room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
IamMobisola:

I am lady, me and my sister shared the same room. My brother had his own room
.... And two sisters can't indulge in immoral activities? If they can. Did you indulge in such?
If No.why?
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by Johnbmc(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
I grew up in a family of four girls, i was the only male and the youngest. We live in a single room and parlor. There was no any form of sexual desire from me, i really dunno for the girls o but no advances ever made.

We were all cousins.

When i was 20yrs, i started sleeping in a friends house whose father own the next compound and he had a room there
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by SmartyPants(m): 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
teekay213:
lol,,, people says I have a soft spot for my daughter,, she's the madam in the house

Ehen? Then you don't have a problem sir...ask the madam of the house and be sure to obey her command.
Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by preacherdark(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
You share with your son while your wife shares with your daughters.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Share The Rooms? by PermSec01(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
Orlaoluwayimika:
Hi bros Teekay213,

This is not a difficult issue at all. In fact ur daughter is right for not wanting to share room with her brother but that needs to be corrected in a way. Cos saying she doesn't want to share the room entirely with him is not possible in this sitn. Both of them would share the room togeda but both of them shouldn't sleep in the room togeda

Bro can be sleeping in the sitting room but his wears would be kept inside the room I believe the room has a wardrobe and if it doesn't pls get one so they can ve separate space to keep their wears in the room whilst in the night, the bro sleeps in the sitting room.

Pls ignore the insults from oda people and people saying she is ova pampered. She is an old teenager and she needs some privacy and it is not morally right to allow both brother and sister share the same bed
while in d higher institution me and my elder sister stays in same single room not self con oooo and on same bed without our parent....wat nau happen.... Nothing.... I don't get it wen ppu will say biological siblings will find dier sef sexual appealing.... God forbid... I dey even always wonder wetin guys dey see for my 6ta body dey make dem dey toast her.... She no find for my eyes.... Biological siblings shudn't av problem staying in same room and same bed unless village ppu dey dia mata na him dem go dey knack dem self..... @op is yhur daughter saying yhu can't leave her and her brother alone at home while yhu parents travel for months undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend / FURNITURE / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.