Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? (2917 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? / It Is Your Dead People That Will Be On The Streets-FFK Blasts Belinda Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
I really wanted PETER obi and Osibanjo to lose.
I'm an Igbo lady.

I prefer Nigeria to continue deteriorating...
Let it self destruct.

I hate Nigeria.I don't wish anything good for it.Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

Yet Doctors went on 13 months strike. Hin tu lie supporters.
Anambra was lowest in poverty under Obi-NAPEP

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
post=113763882:
The award was for "best performing Governor in polio eradication" not " best Governor in Nigeria". Why do you liars misrepresent the award as " best Governor in Nigeria"?
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
post=113764083:
Anambra was lowest in poverty under Obi-NAPEP
What's Obi-Napep?.Lol. Why did he impoverish doctors for 13 months?

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

The award was for "best performing Governor in polio eradication" not " best Governor in Nigeria". Why do you liars misrepresent the award as " best Governor in Nigeria"?
Even Tinubu news site carry the news

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
See Tinubu's awards and hospital where he received treatment.

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Mandate2023: 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author= post=113763684][/quote]

U r not ashamed.....best governor on polio eradication in south east...... grin grin grin
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Mandate2023: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
post=113764020:
More in health sector under Peter go and verify

U go dey post obiano project as obi grin grin grin
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
post=113764432:

Even Tinubu news site carry the news
Keep shut man, we're talking about Bill and Melinda Gate's Award not a local award that any one can get.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Don't respond to Tinubu urchins. They're lost and confused. Give them their master's raw side.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
LadyRosa:
I really wanted PETER obi and Osibanjo to lose.
I'm an Igbo lady.

I prefer Nigeria to continue deteriorating...
Let it self destruct.

I hate Nigeria.I don't wish anything good for it.Sorry.

Do we expect anything less from you, no be una contrive to waste Dora Akunyili when she was fighting drug cartel of her kinsmen.
No be una turn Nigeria to China dumping ground, even Obi wan continue to dey sell us to China. ibo wayo sense.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Mandate2023: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author= post=113763421][/quote]

Dis reads 2015 as at d year that sign post was made that means those ambulances r after 2015, obi was no longer governor in 2015 if we should even go back more over is buying of ambulance why anyone should be governor

Do u know hw many ambulances ganduje bought in kano, lagos state even bought helicopter ambulances sef grin grin
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

Do we expect anything less from you, no be una contrive to waste Dora Akunyili when she was fighting drug cartel of her kinsmen.
No be una turn Nigeria to China dumping ground, even Obi wan continue to dey sell us to China. ibo wayo sense.

Yet you dey use Chinese products for ya house.

Suegbe!
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Simplythebest: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pls help me ask them oooo. We will not accept any propaganda against Obi this time around cus Nigerians are wiser now. An independent verifier that couldn't verify any thing and rush to the media to put up trash there.
PaChukwudi44:

You could not independently verify yet you went ahead with this publication? What a stupid piece of investigation

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
Mandate2023:

Dis reads 2015 as at d year that sign post was made that means those ambulances r after 2015, obi was no longer governor in 2015 if we should even go back more over is buying of ambulance why anyone should be governor

Do u know hw many ambulances ganduje bought in kano, lagos state even bought helicopter ambulances sef grin grin

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
LadyRosa:

Yet you dey use Chinese products for ya house.

Suegbe!
Abi o. Even when Buhari banned about 20 items from importation, una still find a way to circumvent the process and frustrate the policy. Una dey cry say dollar don scare but na still your ibo brothers dey use dollar dey import tooth picks. But olofo like u dey blame buhari. Na una kill our economy.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Mandate2023: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author= post=113765101][/quote]

All dis ur nonsense u r posting does not answer d date on that sign post....there's no governor ever in dis country that won't construct roads, hospitals and schools.....he just get levels and state governance is different from federal
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
ArewaNorth:
FACT CHECK: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award In 2013?

A viral post made on Twitter by one Prince Ujay has been shared on other platforms including Facebook, claiming that former governor of Anambra State and Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, won Bill and Melinda Gates’ award for best governor in 2013 and built 10 hospitals.

The post read: “Are you aware that on July 6, 2013, Peter Obi won the Bill Gates and Melinda Award as the best Governor in Nigeria? And used the money to build 10 hospitals! Go and verify!” #PeterObi2023″.

According to the tweet, Obi disclosed at a flag-off of the National Obstetric Fistula Repair Programme at the Anambra State University Teaching Hospital, Akwa that he had matched the $1 million grant with N120m to execute the project.

Verification

Checks by Daily Trust revealed that Obi was not named the best Governor in Nigeria by Bill and Melinda Gates in 2013.
However, he won the award for best performing governor on the eradication of polio in the South East and got $1m grant.
Obi in several interviews pointed out that the state would add N120m to the $1m grant to build 10 maternities in the rural parts of the state, build a hostel block at the teaching hospital for medical students and use it for fumigation exercise to fight malaria.
A comment under the tweet read, “A million dollars to build ten hospitals? Haba! Stop trying to sabotage our combined effort by exaggerating stuffs. He is good and commendable for all his hard work. Please, you don’t need to falsify the achievements of an achiever.”

Conclusion

While Obi did promise to build 10 hospitals with the funds, Daily Trust could not independently verify whether he actually built them before he left office. The post is also misleading by claiming that Obi was recognised as the best governor in 2013 by Bill and Melinda Gates.
This fact check was done in partnership with the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)

https://dailytrust.com/fact-check-did-peter-obi-build-10-hospitals-win-bill-and-belinda-gates-best-gov-award-in-2013
is peter obi the only candidate in this election why every one coming so hard on peter obi every corner post is peter obi dude has never made any major move his just getting his certificate to show his running yet both PDP and APC all at war to gun him down Nnpp is also in the race SDP too,YPp, what's up naw undecided
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Simplythebest:
Pls help me ask them oooo. We will not accept any propaganda against Obi this time around cus Nigerians are wiser now. An independent verifier that couldn't verify any thing and rush to the media to put up trash there.
Go and verify

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

Abi o. Even when Buhari banned about 20 items from importation, una still find a way to circumvent the process and frustrate the policy. Una dey cry say dollar don scare but na still your ibo brothers dey use dollar dey import tooth picks. But olofo like u dey blame buhari. Na una kill our economy.

Oga even the the drugs wey you dey take alongate your 'pichikum' in between your legs,na Igbo man dey import am.

Give us credit.

Nigeria is our dumping ground.And I pray it never stops.

During lockdown I made millions selling expired hand sanitizer to your government,and they knew God punish una!Wetin concern me concern Nigeria.
Mtchew
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
is peter obi the only candidate in this election why every one coming so hard on peter obi every corner post is peter obi dude has never made any major move his just getting his certificate to show his running yet both PDP and APC all at war to gun him down Nnpp is also in the race SDP too,YPp, what's up naw undecided
Dem dey burst the lies his supporters are pushing on social media nau.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
LadyRosa:

Oga even the the drugs wey you dey take alongate your 'pichikum' in between your legs,na Igbo man dey import am.

Give us credit.

Nigeria is our dumping ground.And I pray it never stops.

During lockdown I made millions selling expired hand sanitizer to your government,and they knew God punish una!Wetin concern me concern Nigeria.
Mtchew
Na same thing we dey talk na. Import substandard drugs from China, then package dem inside original drug packs of licensed brands. Be proud of yourselves, oh ye assassins!

You made money from illegal business, no be new thing.. no bi una dey traffick una sister for olosho work. Let's make money anyhow my dear, nothing dey happen.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Simplythebest: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ur bullion Van Master. Better leave Obi alone for Nigeria youths. Am sure u are enjoying ur own share of the bullion Van
Pakute:

Go and verify
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by tempest01(m): 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Daily trust propagandists. A "fact check" full of assumptions and we can not fully verify?

Go and verify.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

Na same thing we dey talk na. Import substandard drugs from China, then package dem inside original drug packs of licensed brands. Be proud of yourselves, oh ye assassins!

You made money from illegal business, no be new thing.. no bi una dey traffick una sister for olosho work. Let's make money anyhow my dear, nothing dey happen.

I'm proud of it na.
Igbo man import am,Yoruba package and market am, Hausa catch us collect bribe.atleast we still dey see money buy cement build house.

Wetin concern agbero with load.

That's Nigeria.Why you dey cry?
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Simplythebest:
Ur bullion Van Master. Better leave Obi alone for Nigeria youths. Am sure u are enjoying ur own share of the bullion Van

This PETER obi will not win.
That man will block things.Let Tinubu or Atiku win, those ones are theives.There are businesses that strive on heavy corruption.

Omo,every week na owambe for ABUJA.
Owooooooo!Owo!!Owo!!!
Dollars everywhere!
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by haffaze777(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Igbo:
I will vote for Peter Peter Obi if he stop lying before election
Just tell us you don't want to vote for him,how possible is it for him to stop lying?haba fear God now.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
LadyRosa:

I'm proud of it na.
Igbo man import am,Yoruba package and market am, Hausa catch us collect bribe.atleast we still dey see money buy cement build house.

Wetin concern agbero with load.

That's Nigeria.Why you dey cry?
Yoruba package & market am?, Lol.. Na Yoruba get the 2×2 una dey sell am abi those houses una turn to drug factories where una dey mix drugs belong to Yoruba. I still dey find one ibo person wey no dey lie.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
Simplythebest:
Not Nigerian youths but ibo youths. How much share has Obi given you of his loot in his shell companies abroad?
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

Yoruba package & market am?, Lol.. Na Yoruba get the 2×2 una dey sell am abi those houses una turn to drug factories where una dey mix drugs belong to Yoruba. I still dey find one ibo person wey no dey lie.

To lie is another business strategy.
I'm sure you're typing with a Chinese phone.
I remember those child hood years my father office na '2 by 2' in Idumota,then he had a big warehouse in Coker,Orile then.

I would visit him with my friends,many of which are Yorubas.Those longathroat brats keep begging we stop at my father's office because of money he usually dash us.

Your hatred no do me anything.You are just a political rif RAF.If I tell you to introduce me to one Yoruba politician now,you no go give me anybody.Na noise una dey make here.

Abeg gettout!
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by Pakute: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
LadyRosa:

To lie is another business strategy.
I'm sure you're typing with a Chinese phone.
I remember those child hood years my father office na '2 by 2' in Idumota,then he had a big warehouse in Coker,Orile then.

I would visit him with my friends,many of which are Yorubas.Those longathroat brats keep begging we stop at my father's office because of money he usually dash us.

Your hatred no do me anything.You are just a political rif RAF.If I tell you to introduce me to one Yoruba politician now,you no go give me anybody.Na noise una dey make here.

Abeg gettout!
So, as u don make plenty mouth finish, you no sabi any politician. I dey even dey think say na ya papa house, Dangote dey come chop food. omo ale. send me a pm.
Re: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? by LadyRosa(f): 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pakute:

So, as u don make plenty mouth finish, you no sabi any politician. I dey even dey think say na ya papa house, Dangote dey come chop food. omo ale. send me a pm.

Na me and you dey Eagle square abi?
Na me go introduce you.Na politicians wey your people dey bow for I dey pursue. tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Governor Uzodinma, Wike, Bello Others Shortlisted On United State / If You Are In Support Of This Picture Say Aye, Against Say Nay / Something Is Wrong With This Picture!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.