Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,060 members, 7,814,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? (26095 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? / I’ll Never Betray Atiku Abubakar – Gov.alhaji Ibrahim Dankwambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by TooNoisy(f): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
We are in the political season again and there has been lots of conversations about betrayals. However, one Interesting betrayal that I see is between Atiku and Peter Obi.

First of all, Peter Obi betrayed Ojukwu. Obi was little known before Ojukwu offered him the platform of APGA to run on. The moment Obi finished his 8 years, he ported to PDP less than one year later. Ojukwu's son publicly accused Obi of betrayal.

Obi then gets to PDP and is very fortunate that Atiku picks him as running mate in 2019. There were 3 PDP governors at the time and they were first time governors who were focused on 2nd term. So Peter Obi was chosen. Peter Obi suddenly moved from Anambra boy to national name.

Then 2022, Peter Obi decides to run against Atiku. In fareness, he knew he couldn't win but wanted to get Atiku's attention for VP. But when it was obvious no governor was with him and he was going to be disgraced, he ported to Labour Party.

In fareness, he Hs never publicly attacked Atiku. Infact, he openly congratulated Atiku when Atiku got the ticket, and even called Atiku his leader and his elder brother. Atiku has not congratulated him though.

To me, Peter Obi has betrayed Atiku just like he betrayed Ojukwu. And now, all he is doing now is to cannibalise Atiku's votes in the South East. He is just being a spoiler.

61 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by derecho(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Peter Obi can betray him a million times for all I care.Peter Obi's allegiance is to Nigerians.

Unlike Tinubu who betrayed the Southwest to please just 11Northern governors, Obi thinks Nigeria first.

488 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by NnamdiN: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
Voted Atiku in 2019 because he was the lesser evil. I would have sat down at home if the next election were between AA and BAT only.
Don't speak for south east people. If the pdp cannot give them the ticket then they don't deserve their votes. wink
SE will shock PDP this time around.

342 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Jostoman: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
Make BAT supporters leave Peter Obi alone, I thought Peter Obi and Igbo people are 5% so why are you people now talking about him always. God is really wonderful.

325 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Risentouch(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why are you still masturbating on Igbo People issues, remember you said they are 5%ters so please let their vote be, and besides they don't owe Atiku any loyalty.
I don't understand this your sudden sympathy, why don't you focus on getting your Tinubu another diapers.

206 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by VoteObi2023: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
We love it when enemies of state keep crying.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by TooNoisy(f): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
NnamdiN:
Voted Atiku in 2019 because he was the lesser evil. I would have sat down at home if the next election were between AA and BAT only.
Don't speak for south east people. If the pdp cannot give them the ticket then they don't deserve their votes. wink

Tickets are never given, people vote and votes are counted. There were delegates from the South East during the PDP convention but they voted for Wike and Atiku. Why didn't they vote Anyim or Ohanbuwa.

There were delegates from the South East in the APC convention but they voted for Amaechi. Why didn't they vote for Umahi, Nwajiuba, Onu, Okorocha or Ikeobasi?

Those are the questions that need answers. Answer those questions first.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Ekundayo7574(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
Since he was a stingy he need to japa now grin grin nonsense guy

4 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by NnamdiN: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
TooNoisy:

Tickets are never given, people vote and votes are counted. There were delegates from the South East during the PDP convention but they voted for Wike and Atiku. Why didn't they vote Anyim or Ohanbuwa.

There were delegates from the South East in the APC convention but they voted for Amaechi. Why didn't they vote for Umahi, Nwajiuba, Onu, Okorocha or Ikeobasi?

Those are the questions that need answers. Answer those questions first.
the same delegates that were bought? You expect PO to dole out 25k usd per delegate?
Obi isn't the type to share money (which is supposed to be the norm) and clearly they would have voted against him and he took the next best option for him.

I do not understand why you guys are criticising him. It was said that it's a waste to vote PO and we have agreed to waste the vote. Where's the betrayal coming from again?

Allow us waste our votes abeg

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by shortIGBOman: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Atiku doesn't need Peter ObiTUARY. Peter Obi na bad Market. Igbo people no even like am.

295 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by otipoju(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
Na wa. APC and PDP are just finding something or anything to smear Obi with and nothing seems to stick...because he did right both in public and private life.

Did he contest against Atiku in PDP ? No.
Did Atiku give or borrow Obi, a billionaire at under age 40 any money or did Atiku make him become any governor ?

So just how did Obi betray an Atiku that left PDP for AC,returned to PDP left again for APC and then returned back to PDP again...is that the man you are suggesting that someone betrayed.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by omaclarry(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Atiku doesn't need Peter ObiTUARY. Peter Obi na bad Market. Igbo people no even like am.

Any small thing this picture.. I still believe IPOB was a blessing to SE atleast they are one of the only two regions in Nigeria without an IDP camp

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by silentshots: 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
TooNoisy:
We are in the political season again and there has been lots of conversations about betrayals. However, one Interesting betrayal that I see is between Atiku and Peter Obi.

First of all, Peter Obi betrayed Ojukwu. Obi was little known before Ojukwu offered him the platform of APGA to run on. The moment Obi finished his 8 years, he ported to PDP less than one year later. Ojukwu's son publicly accused Obi of betrayal.

Obi then gets to PDP and is very fortunate that Atiku picks him as running mate in 2019. There were 3 PDP governors at the time and they were first time governors who were focused on 2nd term. So Peter Obi was chosen. Peter Obi suddenly moved from Anambra boy to national name.

Then 2022, Peter Obi decides to run against Atiku. In fareness, he knew he couldn't win but wanted to get Atiku's attention for VP. But when it was obvious no governor was with him and he was going to be disgraced, he ported to Labour Party.

In fareness, he Hs never publicly attacked Atiku. Infact, he openly congratulated Atiku when Atiku got the ticket, and even called Atiku his leader and his elder brother. Atiku has not congratulated him though.

To me, Peter Obi has betrayed Atiku just like he betrayed Ojukwu. And now, all he is doing now is to cannibalise Atiku's votes in the South East. He is just being a spoiler.
Dust and Vibe

8 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by TooNoisy(f): 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
NnamdiN:
the same delegates that were bought? You expect PO to dole out 25k usd per delegate?
Obi isn't the type to share money (which is supposed to be the norm) and clearly they would have voted against him and he took the next best option for him.

I do not understand why you guys are criticising him. It was said that it's a waste to vote PO and we have agreed to waste the vote. Where's the betrayal coming from again?

Allow us waste our votes abeg

It is now you know Atiku bought delegates. When Peter Obi ran with Atiku, you and Obi did not know he shared dollars in 2019? Or you did not know Atiku shared dollars to win? But you were all Atikulating then.

Hypocrisy. When he realised he couldn't win, he ran away.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by shortIGBOman: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
omaclarry:

Any small thing this picture.. I still believe IPOB was a blessing to SE atleast they are one of the only two regions in Nigeria without an IDP camp

God bless Simon Ekpa. He is helping us do what we planned grin grin

292 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by helinues: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
Betraying bawo?

Did Obi sign any allegiance with Atiku?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by NnamdiN: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
TooNoisy:

It is now you know Atiku bought delegates. When Peter Obi ran with Atiku, you and Obi did not know he shared dollars in 2019? Or you did not know Atiku shared dollars to win? But you were all Atikulating then.

I repeat; I Atikulated in 2019 because it was the lesser evil and I have no regrets.
Now I have a third choice that I didn't have in 2019 grin
If Obi returns to the pdp today, I'll abandon every plan to vote next year.

It's not as if misfortunes dey select people to deal with, na still all of us go suffer am .
I'll leave you with a picture and let your conscience judge if you don't admit PO is the most qualified amongst all the 3 evils grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by kaboninc(m): 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
NnamdiN:

Is this about PDP or your future?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by NnamdiN: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
kaboninc:

Is this about PDP or your future?
I'm not sure you understood what I wrote. Out of the three major contenders, Obi is the most qualified and I'll vote him regardless of party.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
derecho:
Peter Obi can betray him a million times for all I care.Peter Obi's allegiance is to Nigerians.

Unlike Tinubu who betrayed the Southwest to please just 11Northern governors, Obi thinks Nigeria first.

You'll understand this only in future.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by MajohBankz: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
TooNoisy:

Yes he ran and we ran with him. Do you have another discussion since you've passed the verdict on this one

18 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
That is why he'll never support or condemn ipob or the ugm or esn.

Let's see what he's got to say about insecurity in his region first before talking north and west

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by derecho(m): 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
Understand wetin abeg?.So you want Atiku and his gang to continue running Nigeria aground?
Can't you see the need to overhaul the system? Youths are not following Obi because they love his face but he represents the voice of the common man who can't aspire to be President because an Atiku is interested. The same Atiku that betrayed PDP in 2007 and 2015 is now asking for loyalty?
Tinubu na mini Atiku sef
MICHEALADEX:

You'll understand this only in future.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Jostoman:
Make BAT supporters leave Peter Obi alone, I thought Peter Obi and Igbo people are 5% so why are you people now talking about him always. God is really wonderful.
Nna I tire ooo

7 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by TooNoisy(f): 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
NetValueFX:

Nna I tire ooo

Oh, you are tired. Small discussion that does not favour Peter Obi you get tired. But you and your ilk can spend hours here and on Twitter abusing other candidates. I am ready for you all, you are just lucky I am not on Twitter.

You guys are just shouting Peter Obi up and down because you do not have any other candidate in your region worthy of any consideration. Peter Obi is as corrupt as Atiku and that is why they ran together in 2019.

Or do you now want to tell me, Peter Obi did not know Atiku was sharing dollars I 2019?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
TooNoisy:

Oh, you are tired. Small discussion that does not favour Peter Obi you get tired. But you and your ilk can spend hours here and on Twitter abusing other candidates. I am ready for you all, you are just lucky I am not on Twitter.

You guys are just shouting Peter Obi up and down because you do not have any other candidate in your region worthy of any consideration. Peter Obi is as corrupt as Atiku and that is why they ran together in 2019.

Or do you now want to tell me, Peter Obi did not know Atiku was sharing dollars I 2019?
Getat Abeg

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Slynation(m): 12:17am On Jun 16, 2022
shortIGBOman:
And as you mumu reach you decided to bring a report from one fellow in Finland whose opinion doesn't matter and call it "IGBO people no even like am"

Oya rest...!!! We won't vote for Obi anymore, Tinubu here we come...

Personally, Nigerians doesn't even deserve someone like PO, we really deserve leaders like Abacha, Buhari, Tinubu, Ganduje the dollar man etc...

15 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by shortIGBOman: 6:15am On Jun 16, 2022
Slynation:
And as you mumu reach you decided to bring a report from one fellow in Finland whose opinion doesn't matter and call it "IGBO people no even like am"

Oya rest...!!! We won't vote for Obi anymore, Tinubu here we come...

Personally, Nigerians doesn't even deserve someone like PO, we really deserve leaders like Abacha, Buhari, Tinubu, Ganduje the dollar man etc...

Emeka, leave us alone. We are proud of Simon Ekpa and what he is doing in the East. More grease to his Elbows. grin grin

285 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by FuckkME(f): 7:29am On Jun 16, 2022
otipoju:
Na wa. APC and PDP are just finding something or anything to smear Obi with and nothing seems to stick...because he did right both in public and private life...did he contest against Atiku? Dud Atiku give him any money or made him become any governor ?

So how did he betray him.

Atiku left PDP for AC,returned to PDP left again for APC and then back to PDP again...that is the man you are suggesting that someone betrayed.

I noticed the stew peed OP @ toonoisy ignored this comment.. what do u have to say about this ? ?? Cc : TooNoisy

7 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by iiifedimma(f): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Please support our honourable Peter obi for the president's of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian's know it's someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from totalling sinking, but seriously some ethnics bigot's people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #Peter obi 2023 confirm

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by kponkedenge(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Omo everywhere I open, it's Peter Obi this, Peter Obi that.... From twitter to facebook groups and nairaland.

Why not leave this man alone?

5 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by nairavsdollars(f): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
No. Atiku betrayed him

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register / Borno Sets Condition For Boko Haram Negotiation With FG - Vanguard / How Nigeria’s Military Killed My 4 Children In One Night – ABU Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.