Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Getting Salary Raise In These Times - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Getting Salary Raise In These Times (877 Views)

Funny But True, Is This Ur Experience? Salary Cycle (hilarious Photo) / If This Was Your Salary / Knackson Services: Request For Salary Raise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Salary Raise In These Times by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 21, 2011

A: Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?
B: Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?
A: Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years.
B: Yes.
A: I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first.
B: A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time.
A: I understand your position, and I know that the current economic downturn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro- activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade.
B: Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a fifteen percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound?
A: Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir!
B: Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?
A: Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!

grin grin W.T.F grin grin
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by mikuz(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2011
Mtchew
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by clemcykul(f): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
not funy, cuz by my assessment, this companies are doing well.
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^^Dumb Asses! He needed a raise so he could offset the bills he owed the four companies! Dummies! undecided
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by mikuz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
^ and so?
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by bright007(f): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2011
Where is d joke?
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by Gluckdude(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
guy i gbadu you jo, that is a joke for the elite, need more
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by Nellyon(f): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2011
Comedy for the master mind. not the type that ends wit 'they burst out laughing' or 'the man fainted'
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by StudioCFR(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2011
Cant find the joke
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by jokingmary(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2011
Check under ya bed
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by obiscolly(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2011
*rolling* pls shoot me!!!!
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by Nellyon(f): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2011
jokingmary:

Check under ya bed
grin
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by begwong: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2011
nyc & matured one there! grin
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by StudioCFR(m): 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
jokingmary:

Check under ya bed

Lol

Nellyon:

grin

Bizzy Body what's amusing u
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by EfemenaXY: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
sexkillz:

A: Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?
B: Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?
A: Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years.
B: Yes.
A: I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first.
B: A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time.
A: I understand your position, and I know that the current economic downturn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro- activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade.
B: Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a fifteen percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound?
A: Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir!
B: Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?
A: Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!

grin grin W.T.F grin grin

Seriously loving your joke @poster! cheesy cheesy

you could also add the Baliffs, TV License and Credit Card companies also in pursuit of our guy wink wink
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by lysaa(f): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
Ah intelligent. .nice one.
Re: Getting Salary Raise In These Times by mojounited(m): 12:24am On Aug 05, 2011
Nice one! grin Some folks wouldn't just get it until they start paying za billz. . .

(1) (Reply)

Bad Minds. / My Last Joke For This Year: Hehehehehehe / Smile It's Midweek.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.