Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor (67337 Views)

FG Lists Tinubu’s Achievements In 2023 / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Elliotwaveforec: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
candidtalk:

Shut the fck up. I am never uncouth to anyone but IPOBians because that is what you deserve. You guys are hateful trolls.
Especially their youths, they are very hateful and unintelligent.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
1bunne4lif:
if he did all these as you've said, why did he buy his way through the primaries? His deeds would have spoken for him

Did he bribe any of your relatives? Prove that he bribed delegates. Becos your candidate cannot match these records, Ure bringing bribery into this discussion.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by HBB1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
Okealaaye:

Eloquence did you say? How can anyone compare Peter Obi that speaks like a [b]vexed female idol that's denied sacrifice [/b]to Asiwaju that speaks the Queen's English?

grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Wahala90: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
You did not tell us how much Tinubu stole. I will rather entrust my money to a man that will not steal my money at all than entrust my money to a man that will steal half of the money. Vote Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by OgunkeelAllMod: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yeah ,the frog eyed thief succeeded in looting the State treasury for 8years and has been single handedly installing governors to cover his dirty, filthy track, while busy collecting Owo mi da from each of them... until he jammed Ambode,who tried to stop the internal rogue but developed cold feet and got booted out... that's about his achievement..the Parkinson riddled criminal developed NOTHING in Lagos..the military did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
Charmingpet:
pray harder for another 4 or 8 years of suffering. Do u think he is doing charity, all the money he is spending now, we will all pay him back with our sweat. Same thing was said about Buhari, c where we are. This man is old, this is another buhari in making, always outside the country for treatment. When they need the power they will be humble just to get what they want. He is a good man, but he needs to go and rest. Nigeria is in a mess, no sector is working.

Don't tell me your candidate is the man who allowed Health workers go on strike for 13 months, I don't want to believe you are insulting Tinubu cos of a man who didn't improve Anambra's revenue after EIGHT YEARS. Or is your candidate the Governor who didn't conduct LG elections for over 8years? Btw, a 60 year old Grandfather is not a Youth and is not even young. He's an old man too.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by buzorcharles(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Shove this up ur asx.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by buzorcharles(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Shove it up ur asx
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by DMerciful(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
We do not just want a youthful president but someone with precedence of changing the status quo.

You said I'm scared? Laughable! With our momentum, you should be scared, not us.

Tinubu will not be president, his victory is this APC primaries, thats all he will get!
DeleTaller:

You sounded scared already... It does not matter if he is now the main opposition...at least is also one of the people contesting.

Fact can not be erased... if your principal has any please push it to the public and verify it for us.

All you wanted is igbo presidency in style. Because if truly its all about youth as you all faking it... Then Sowore should be your candidate.

Tinubu lo kan.
And we get more good news to spread about him.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by HBB1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Hehehehehehee now I know you truly are not active in politics... [left][/left] you sound like one of those armchair propagandists... No disrespect.

Okay let me tell you the reality. The Yoruba are not liked in the least in away ways in the North. Forget the whole media propaganda or whatever you tell yourselves. The Yoruba are called beribe (banza) in one word , let any true northerner here dispute this... I grew up there I know what I say..
Infact the nyamiri or more tolerated blue to the commerce and trading they bring and the fact they have been in the north forever .. I can boldly tell you Tinubu doesn't stand a chance a crippled blind and mute Atiku will defeat Tinubu. Terribly in the entire north ... Where Tinubu would have stood a chance is in the north central due to his Christian wife but the Yoruba are not liked there even.

Now Tinubu as a person isn't even marketable, Osibanjo would have stood a better chance where he aligned with a strong Muslim candidate cause he doesn't have the baggage Tinubu does unfortunately Osibanjo lost out.

See in Camp Waziri we aren't even looking at your candidate to struggle with us in the north ... grin that's why he is campaigning so much there. Politicians focus campaigns where they are weakest or least popular grin

Unfortunately it's over for Apc in the north the moment Tinubu win the ticket... He should have focused on the southsouth and southeast but instead he displayed his usual tribalism and disrespect towards them.

I can boldly tell you now I am willing to bet 400k now with you that Tinubu won't make second position in the results next year ...

He will score third at best

Let's bet!
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
treesun:

Did you say ERON!
He contracted even hospital parks to cronies without accountability. Tinubu is a no no! His greed did not allow Ikoyi Federal secretariat to take off!

16 years Orile-Mile-Agboju is a nightmare due to the bogus red line that is not even near completion!

Bullshit! Deny that he didn't do those things listed and list those of your preferred candidate for us to compare. Yeye!
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

So all the things listed on this thread are FG project?

IPOB terrorists can’t think! Meth have destroyed them.
You are kinda smart tho.. grin
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Realist12: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
debossng:
I don't get it please....

Are you saying that there has been other Governor in Lagos state since 1999?

BRF was governor for 8years ....

Ambode ruled for 4 years

Sameo-Olu is on now ..

Are we now saying that all their works don't count except Tinubu's

I am just asking for someone. Thanks

I'm going to explain this to you, Tinubu happens to be a genius, Lagosians are more hardworking and versatile than the rest of Nigerians. A regular commissioner in Lagos has more task and duties than some states governors hence we have a lot of capable hands from all tribes to handle a complex system . Now all Tinubu had to do was to set a brilliant road map and have like minds continue from where he stopped. The reason Fashola could perform well was because he was following a blueprint, same as Ambode and Sanwuolu they are executioners , their jobs is the easiest . I always say it here Tinubu is an hardened ideologist that hardly deviates from his plans. He understands Nigeria and has his plans for the country we need him as the president. Because he doesn't give excuses for failure. Most agencies were created to tackle Lagos state problems but were renamed during Fashola tenure , BRT was LAMATA , LAWMA was PSP, we had KAI also known as LASTMA etc , you see it's just the same thing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
IDENNAA:
We will meet at the Presidential debate.....

The fear of Obi is the beginning of wisdom- The fear of Jagaban is the beginning of wisdom.

From number 26 on WAEC performance to number one and stayed there for 4yrs. This is measured- Tinubu provided free education for all Lagos State indigenes, scholarships and bursaries.

Obi cleared all gratuity , pension and salary totaling 30 billion when he resumed office. - Tinubu never owed salaries and till date pensioners are still collecting their entitlement as at when due.

Obi's performance in healthcare alone is very intimidating with a brand new teaching hospital and rehabilitation of all healthcare facilities- Tinubu reformed the health sector. Provided dozens of laboratory and surgical equipments, built maternity hospitals in all the local govts, free eye care and surgeries for the old, free healthcare for under 18 and above 65 persons, subsidized drugs, refurbished all govt hospitals.

The funds invested in bonds and shares are in region of over 75 billion. That amount can transform a sector- Tinubu increased Lagos IGR without assistance from the Fed govt.
He created several revenue generating agencies thereby creating employment for many lagosians including some of you ungrateful igbos.

We will meet at the debate. Those rubbish you listed there that could not be measured how it impacts the lives of the poor will be trashed. I hope Tinubu doesn't piss on the podium again. We will not only meet at the debate we shall squash you.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
ariesbull:
lol

You have bursted all their lies with just this singular statement... Wait till they come for you....

They hate truth

Which lies? Only a dumb person will call those glaring achievements lies. Have some of you been cursed with chronic bitterness?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2022
redcliff:
Nobody is doubting that Tinubu set lagos on the ball to the achievement it is right now, what we are telling you people is that the man is already too old and he should go and rest let people who are physically sound run and be president!!!!

Are U his doctor? He's moving around at a pace your so called younger candidates cannot match. Why should we settle for someone who couldn't transform a single state after EIGHT YEARS?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. I would ve wish Obi wins becos he is young but he can't becos he don't ve d national coverage. He can only win in East and some part of south/south. He can't win my state delta. Delta votes will be share btw PDP and APC. I Don't see northerners voting Obi. I stay in d North and I know wat I am saying

A 60 year old Grandfather is young? Why do U love deceiving yourselves? If youthfulness is your criteria, Obi is automatically OUT!

If Obi is a Youth then I'm a toddler..lolz

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nlkay(m): 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
Realist12:
I'm going to explain this to you, Tinubu happens to be a genius, Lagosians are more hardworking and versatile than the rest of Nigerians. A regular commissioner in Lagos has more task and duties than some states governors hence we have a lot of capable hands from all tribes to handle a complex system . Now all Tinubu had to do was to set a brilliant road map and have like minds continue from where he stopped. The reason Fashola could perform well was because he was following a blueprint, same as Ambode and Sanwuolu they are executioners , their jobs is the easiest . I always say it here Tinubu is an hardened ideologist that hardly deviates from his plans. He understands Nigeria and has his plans for the country we need him as the president. Because he doesn't give excuses for failure.

You are very correct but he's a chronic thief. We don't need such now. Nigeria is at a point collapse. We don't need to sabotage our common patrimony. Tinubu is a chronic thief and a pathological liar. I doubt most of you here, if you know him that well. Know him first before speaking up. Nigeria does not need Tinubu.
Compare Lagos with Johannesburg and not Anambra. God bless you
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by lechinixl: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

Brother me I sabi you well well.

Those Obi Pandora fans are just newly woke kids learning how to use Twitter with penchant to chase clout. They themselves cant point us to any visible achievement of Peter Obi besides regurgitating chinese statistics contents they see online.

Anywhere you see Asiwaju supporters, they are learned, intelligent, confident, and ever ready to defend Asiwaju legacy with verifiable fact and supportive evidence.

This shows why Jagaban is the ONLY candidate with proven record of building team of intellectuals to deliver on his goal.
Na so u do mistake vote buhari same mistake again. God of d youths won't allow una.Obidience is better than sacrifice.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by MONEY247: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubu wins...
Nigeria would prosper...

I am saying this with my full chest

I know he his old..... But he capable,of productivity and efficiency...
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by bigcal4rea(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tunechi5:
Ok

Yes, he is old and weak. But he is not coming to run marathon, neither is he coming to fight for boxing champion, he is coming to strategize and give instructions.

Goatluck Jonathan was strong and young, but the only instructions he gave were to loot and share our treasury.

We need Tinubu's brain, not his energy. Judas Osinbajo had been there for 7 years, he is young and brilliant, but for 7 years, he and his useless boss achieved nothing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by nedekid: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Abeg, I don taya for this Tinubu this, Obi that, Atiku.
We only have one vote each and after that, it is beyond our control.
Who enter go enter, unless you are paid as a propagandists for any of the aspirants, you likely have excess time or don chop belefull. undecided
The prayer is let the genuinely good man enter if not, all of us go hear am just as the heardsman with 30 cows dealt with us.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Realist12: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nlkay:

You are very correct but he's a chronic thief. We don't need such now. Nigeria is at a point collapse. We don't need to sabotage our common patrimony. Tinubu is a chronic thief and a pathological liar. I doubt most of you here, if you know him that well. Know him first before speaking up. Nigeria does not need Tinubu.
Compare Lagos with Johannesburg and not Anambra. God bless you
in south Africa they have cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Sandton. But asides Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt comes at a distant. That should tell it's not a Lagos problem but a Nigerian problem. Lagos state government has more developmental projects than the federal government in Lagos. But the burden of the federal government is on Lagos.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
jaxxy:

Tinubu owned salaries in his tenure also. After fashola's 1st term tinubu didn't allow lagos treasury rest. After fashola manage to beg to get a 2nd term under this man lagos development experienced monumental decline and White elephant projects littered everywhere.

The kick backs and corruption is lagos state is monumental Gabdolllars own is small fry compared to it. Hence the staggered development despite the multiple taxes and igr.

Which month and year did Tinubu owe? U guys have started lying like Peter Obi himself. Every week, there is always a new or continuing Project in Lagos and yet U say Tinubu has emptied the state's coffers. Why can't your state develop also or is Tinubu stealing your state's funds too?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Perfectbeing(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubu on being insulted!

"Some people get easily angry whenever they see me being insulted. I think that is childish. I'm a politician and it is my right to be insulted. It is my right to be called names. It is my right to get bad wishes from whoever I outrun in the polity.
Politics, sometimes, is a bully game. Don't get distracted. Keep your eyes on the ball. It is a game of number, but equally important, a game of common sense with the sole aim of improving people's life with right policies.
Mohammed Ali was a great boxer. He punched you once, and ran away. He made you angry so much that you lose your focus and balance, then he would hit you hard. Those who must beat him must never be angry or lose focus while fighting. Keep your strategy to yourself. Win some, lose some, that's politics. But you must strive to win all but you can never win all.
As for insults and abuse, I have received uncountable insults since I joined politics. You can see where I am today politically.
I am a product of insults left, right and center. That's my food and medicine. I am not complaining. Keep it up.

-Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by ariesbull: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Siwel25:

Which lies? Only a dumb person will call those glaring achievements lies. Have some of you been cursed with chronic bitterness?
I wonder how decent people still vote apc or PDP

Some people are just accursed... After all these things... People still believe in APC....

Well...i give up
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by rickyrex(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

He got the history in his previous administration and he is the ONLY presidential candidate that have demonstrated the zeal for restructuring in Nigeria.

Why do we need restructuring in Nigeria? We all agree it is based on the below angle:

--State Policing: Asiwaju is the only candidate that has consistently challenged the federal government on the need for a state police. He tried during his tenure to create state police from the good faction of OPC then but obasanjo frustrated him. He then went ahead to create RRS which he improved to the best police squad in Nigeria.

--Devolution of power to the local governments: Tinubu has done with with success in Lagos. He created 36 LCDAs to give power closer to the people. OBJ again tried to stop him which was why he seized lagos allocation. Yet, the LG still stand today with those LCDAs building projects and health center that other state governor cannot dare to do.

--Revenue independency: Do you know Tinubu was the first governor to challenge the FG on the need for states to hold their VAT? He took the FG to court during OBJ tenure and even proceeded to the supreme court. Many people thought Wike was the first person to do this VAT, but it was actually Tinubu that started the fight.

--Fiscal Policy: Before Tinubu, taxing in lagos used to be manual process where tax agents record taxes of business in the manual way and this allow companies to scam the governmrnt by not paying what is due. Tinubu was the first governor to fully digitize tax collection in Lagos through LIRS and expand the net such that he increased the revenue to over 700% percent in his 8 years as governor. Infact, the Federal government copied LIRS method to create their FIRS who till now are not as efficient as Lagos owned LIRS. That is intelligence, we need that in the FG.
why buy delegate vote if his achievement were visible
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
Siwel25:

Did he bribe any of your relatives? Prove that he bribed delegates. Becos your candidate cannot match these records, Ure bringing bribery into this discussion.
we'll soon havepresidential debate so that your lord will speak for himself. Till then, keep wallowing in self deceit.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Wayne4uall(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
BAT or nothing cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Perfectbeing(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Help2020:

The fact that he goes outside Nigeria for medical treatment does not upset you as a Nigerian that want Nigeria to work?
The fact that Peter Obi was hiding his wealth and evading his taxes does not upset you as a Nigerian that wants things to work?
He so much disbelieved him Nigeria that he hid his evaded his taxes from the Nigerian state. Is that the kind of man you want to rule over Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by amospounds: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
I believe youth should argue politics like adult not with insult.we are all entity to our opinion.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by rickyrex(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

He did not buy delegates, you cannot buy loyalty. The only delegates you can buy are the swing delegates which explained why most of the SE delegates sold their rights.

Even if you pay Sanwo-Olu 1billion, he won't still hand over Lagos delegate vote to you as a candidate. If you even put on your thinking cap, do you think Tinubu can outspend the federal government because it's obvious he was not the cabal candidate.

Accept it, Tinubu is loved by people within APC and they gave him a clear lead of 1271 in the primaries. Stop hating!
say that to the marines , those south east delegate you claimed were swing, haven't they read or head or even been to lagos for ones to see reasons why tinubu should be their choice rather than selling it to him . And you want to swear on what you dont know . Bro take it or leave tinubu and atiku bought vote stip using sweet english to confuse or convince yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well / Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Naira Rains At Hanan Buhari’s Wedding Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.