Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? (14910 Views)

I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / A Good Career Path At 35 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? by Eyanbahose: 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
No one is too old to take a new career path.

Who else uses this speakers?

Re: Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? by seyenko(m): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2022
What position do you occupy in banking? Before you delve into data analytics, try to understand SQL. Once you are good with SQL then you will find the concepts of data analytics easy to grasp. SQL will not be a challenge for a civil engineer
Re: Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? by Monieloaded: 12:57am On Jun 15, 2022
There are some career paths that place in better earning positions.

How many of us have heard about jobs in miscellaneous industry?
Re: Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? by Microwhy: 5:25am On Jun 15, 2022
symbolofhope:
Good day Nairalander, i held A B.eng in civil Engineering about 5years ago, did nysc in a manufacturing company, i didn't get the required site experience expected of a civil engineer during nysc, afterwards did some free lance site Engineering works, later got a contract job in a top commercial bank, now am confused, tried integrating myself into the IT WORLD, taking courses on data analytics, and the likes but finding it difficult almost a year now, I did not understand anything, please advise me
You're just a confused human and its affecting your decision making. Your types are not passionate about anything, hardly contempted and mostly not loyal. Your issue is behavioural and not weak decision making or procrastination. Even when it comes to relationships, I have no doubt that you wlil apply same method which is 'Confusion.'
Jumping from one place to the other like breeze. I doubt if you can use AutoCAD proficiently but you're there talking about Data analysis.
Even if you graduate with third class shouldn't make you to loose your balance.
Civil engineering is a professional course and a standard career. In the last five years, what sacrifice have you made toward surviving and exhaling as a civil engineer. Who are in your cliq? Your circle consist of who and who? How updated are you?
Enough of the scolding.
How long do you think it would take you to learn POP and Cement finishing , with your knowledge in graphic design couple with being a civil engineer I know the sky will be your limit.
Goto YouTube and watch videos, design stencil with your graphic design knowledge, give it to lacer cutter guys to give you a finished professional stencil and dive into the world of home finishing.
Register your company and scout for young Togolesse/Nigerians who will work for you. Discard your present cliq/circle/contact. Start packaging yourself, meet meet people and start marketing your company. Get one or two investors who will bring in contracts.
Summary:
Learn POP and Cement wall and ceiling finishing.
Learn Graphic design concurrently.
Learn painting (Stucco and other unique painting styles).
Learn terrolean.
Learn Screeding,
Learn landscaping.
Register your home finishing company.
Recruit guys who knows the job but need professional guidance to give you desired result.
After two or three excellent job.
Get one or two investors who will bring in contracts.
Market your company.
Depending on the direction of the company, learn and add swimming pool to your service.

1 Like

Re: Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2022
When you have mastered civil engineering go for IT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should He Leave His Current Job? Help / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience / Assessment Of Two Employees.. - A Big Lesson For All Workers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.