Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast (940 Views)

Let's Lose Weight Together / Intermittent Fasting Vs. Eating Less: Which Is Better For Weight Loss? / Fit-friday: What’s The Big Deal About Intermittent Fasting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
So I am Chizoba, a woman in my late 30s. After having my children, my weight skyrocketed from 75 thereabouts to about 115-118kg. I started feeling breathless, had body ache, constant head aches and the beginning of a higher bp. I got lazier and could barely move around. That’s the heaviest I’ve ever been. Also had a copper IUD implanted in me. Let me just say I started losing the beauty confidence and would shy away from public gatherings and taking pictures.

Something had to be done fast. I had tried taking slim teas and all what not. Even tried some sort of dieting but they all left me hungrier and even eating more than ever before. This continued till I discovered intermittent fasting by God’s help. As someone studying community and public health online, it afforded me even better opportunities to deeply research on it.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Chizzyon: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2022
I have tried making another post and I have been banned again. Pls who could help me with trigger words for these bots? It’s becoming frustrating.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Chizzyon: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2022
As someone studying community and public health online, it afforded me even better opportunities to deeply research on it. To God’s glory, I started last month and weigh 109 currently. Intermittent fasting is really a great and fun way to lose weight. You can still eat everything but of course, in great moderation. You have to start by cleansing and deto.xifying your body sys.ten in the early days. I am on the 18 hour fasting window with 6 hour open window where I can eat everything in moderation but I’ve also got to count my calo.ries too while eating so that you remain in calo.rie deficit. Being in calo.rie deficit will help you lose weight because once the body is done using up the energy gotten from the meal you’ve eaten, the liver is triggered to start producing ket.ones from your body fa.t. This is triggered about 12 hours into your fast. Been constantly on intermittent fasting for a month now. I intend to continue and probably make it a lifestyle.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Chizzyon: 9:58am On Jun 15, 2022
If you would like to know more and join me here, please go ahead. We can discuss our journey and then, encourage each other.

There are different fasting timelines
12-12 intermittent fasting period. (I don’t like this timeline cause it barely does much. I mean that’s the time needed for your body to go into ket.osis). Maybe you can do this on a ket.gen.ic diet. Not a fan of the ke.to diet though because of its limitations and non sustainability plus the alleged after effects of continuation in the long run).
14-10 intermittent fasting period. This is suitable for beginners.
16-8 intermittent fasting period. Also suitable for beginners
18-6 intermittent fasting period. I am currently on this.
20-4 intermittent fasting period. For the bosses.
OMAD also known as the one meal a day plan. You load yourself up in that one to 2 hours eating window and stop eating. You also make sure you don’t go above your cal.orie limit for the day.
24-72 hours fasting. Some people do this type of fast once in a while.

There are several benefits of fasting. My bp has gone down considerably. I no longer feel the pains. I am more active with even more energy levels. I don’t feel hungry as much anymore and always look forward to my eating window. Beginning of type 2 diabetes has been proved to be reversed to God’s glory when people who had this started this fast. I was able to start exercising too. I love that I am able to count my calories. Guess what, you can lose without exercising but we know that exercising is good for the body. Acne breakouts have also been reversed. There are ap.ps used to count your cal.pries. Will stop here for now. Pls I don’t think this type of dieting is sustainable for people with stomach ulcer. Pls consult your doctor first.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Chizzyon: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2022
You are free to ask your questions. I will try my best to answer them. Pls note the trigger words I have censored and do the same when you are asking questions.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
What an insightful post. More grease to your elbow ma. I stumbled upon this thread at a her perfect time. I have been suffering from chronic constipation for years now and intermittent fasting is something they say helps the body heal.

You mentioned detoxification. How do I go about that? How do I clean my bowels effectively and lead a healthier life?
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Hi. So so sorry for this late response. I kinda gave up when the bots kept blocking my posts. Okay. Thank God for the wonderful people who helped unblock this post. @hacks4dummies yes, intermittent fast helps the body heal. I still attribute this healing to God. Well, here’s one thing to do to detoxify the body. Take about the first 1-3 days of intermittent fasting to take just fruits and vegetables. You can take apples, bananas, kiwi, pineapple, cabbage, orange, etc. Drink lots of water. Green tea is accepted too.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 9:59am On Jul 03, 2022
@Lina555 everything but in total moderation. Also make sure you are in calorie deficit if not, the weight won’t come off. With time, consider aiming for a little longer fasting time.

I am really considering creating a totally free group where we can be of encouragement to each other on What s app for people like me on weight loss journey especially for people who are on intermittent or OMAD type of fasting. Your go ahead will let me know. Will still be attending to questions here but what’s will be regular at any time of the day.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
chizzy86:
Hi. So so sorry for this late response. I kinda gave up when the bots kept blocking my posts. Okay. Thank God for the wonderful people who helped unblock this post. @hacks4dummies yes, intermittent fast helps the body heal. I still attribute this healing to God. Well, here’s one thing to do to detoxify the body. Take about the first 1-3 days of intermittent fasting to take just fruits and vegetables. You can take apples, bananas, kiwi, pineapple, cabbage, orange, etc. Drink lots of water. Green tea is accepted too.
thanks for getting back to me. I'm grateful. This intermittent fasting thingy is really confusing. I'm hoping you can break it down even further. Can I please send a pm?
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
chizzy86:
@Lina555 everything but in total moderation. Also make sure you are in calorie deficit if not, the weight won’t come off. With time, consider aiming for a little longer fasting time.

I am really considering creating a totally free group where we can be of encouragement to each other on What s app for people like me on weight loss journey especially for people who are on intermittent or OMAD type of fasting. Your go ahead will let me know. Will still be attending to questions here but what’s will be regular at any time of the day.
a whatsapp group would be great o
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
thanks for getting back to me. I'm grateful. This intermittent fasting thingy is really confusing. I'm hoping you can break it down even further. Can I please send a pm?

Sure I will. It was something I studied for a while before embarking on it. Everyone has what works for them too. I’ll p m you soon.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2022
chizzy86:

Sure I will. It was something I studied for a while before embarking on it. Everyone has what works for them too. I’ll p m you soon.
thanks ma. I'm anticipating your response. I would be very grateful
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
I’ve tried sending you a message. Pls check inbox.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Good day everyone, since my last update, I checked my weight again about 4 days after my last post on weighing in and I lost another 2kg.

Now it’s worthy of note that it’s not so good to be weighing in every day. Reason for this is that some days, the scale will not move at all. It doesn’t mean you’re not losing weight. The easiest weight to shed and show on the scale is the water weight. With time, the fat starts dropping off. It’s not as fast as the water weight though but it will drop if you are consistent. Just keep at it.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
chizzy86:

please ma don't be annoyed. I forgot I had lost the password to the email you sent pm to. Please send to this instead thanks. terrymcginis007@gmail.com
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
please ma don't be annoyed. I forgot I had lost the password to the email you sent pm to. Please send to this instead thanks. terrymcginis007@gmail.com

Okay. I’ll send you a mail.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
chizzy86:

Okay. I’ll send you a mail.
thanks. Please let me know when you do
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
thanks. Please let me know when you do
Hi. I sent you a message yesterday. You can check your mail.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
chizzy86:
Hi. I sent you a message yesterday. You can check your mail.
thanks. I'll do that now. That's weird I didn't get it. Shall I leave whatsapp number and remove it when you get it please
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by chizzy86(f): 8:48am On Jul 06, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
thanks. I'll do that now. That's weird I didn't get it. Shall I leave whatsapp number and remove it when you get it please

Send a mail to the e mail on my profile. Hope it works. Also check your spam to see if mine went there.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 9:13am On Jul 06, 2022
chizzy86:

Send a mail to the e mail on my profile. Hope it works. Also check your spam to see if mine went there.
ok ma. Thanks a lot.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by Hacks4dummies: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2022
chizzy86:

I didn't find anything in the spam section.. I already sent a mail though. Thanks.
Re: Let’s Lose Weight Together Via Intermittent Fast by damola1: 7:19pm On Mar 03
👍👍👍

Chizzyon:
If you would like to know more and join me here, please go ahead. We can discuss our journey and then, encourage each other.

There are different fasting timelines
12-12 intermittent fasting period. (I don’t like this timeline cause it barely does much. I mean that’s the time needed for your body to go into ket.osis). Maybe you can do this on a ket.gen.ic diet. Not a fan of the ke.to diet though because of its limitations and non sustainability plus the alleged after effects of continuation in the long run).
14-10 intermittent fasting period. This is suitable for beginners.
16-8 intermittent fasting period. Also suitable for beginners
18-6 intermittent fasting period. I am currently on this.
20-4 intermittent fasting period. For the bosses.
OMAD also known as the one meal a day plan. You load yourself up in that one to 2 hours eating window and stop eating. You also make sure you don’t go above your cal.orie limit for the day.
24-72 hours fasting. Some people do this type of fast once in a while.

There are several benefits of fasting. My bp has gone down considerably. I no longer feel the pains. I am more active with even more energy levels. I don’t feel hungry as much anymore and always look forward to my eating window. Beginning of type 2 diabetes has been proved to be reversed to God’s glory when people who had this started this fast. I was able to start exercising too. I love that I am able to count my calories. Guess what, you can lose without exercising but we know that exercising is good for the body. Acne breakouts have also been reversed. There are ap.ps used to count your cal.pries. Will stop here for now. Pls I don’t think this type of dieting is sustainable for people with stomach ulcer. Pls consult your doctor first.

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Eating: Healthy You / Cool Sms / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.