Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,847 members, 7,817,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) (4406 Views)

Personal Travel Allowance / Are Banks Still Giving Pta (personal Travel Allowance) / PTA- Personal Travel Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by lekejohnson2222: 12:52am On Jun 14, 2022
Guys, please share with me your recent experience assessing PTA from Nigerian banks. What is the possibility of me getting my PTA approved within one week to my travel date? I heard some banks nowadays deliberately deny eligible applicants by delaying disbursement. I bank with Access and Zenith banks. Which of the two might give me PTA without delay?

1 Like

Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 1:41am On Jun 14, 2022
lekejohnson2222:
Guys, please share with me your recent experience assessing PTA from Nigerian banks. What is the possibility of me getting my PTA approved within one week to my travel date? I heard some banks nowadays deliberately deny eligible applicants by delaying disbursement. I bank with Access and Zenith banks. Which of the two might give me PTA without delay?

Politicians have packed foreing currency because of election ....hence the scarcity
Access is now issuing card with what your buy instead of raw cash becos of the scarcity

2 Likes

Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by lekejohnson2222: 2:44am On Jun 14, 2022
Sincerely, I would not mind the card from Access bank if it is certain that I will get the PTA. Do you know about zenith bank?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by Apholaby(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2022
I submitted PTA since last weekend and nothing changed from the page till now. Can I get any help here please?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by toluxa1(m): 2:23am On Sep 09, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Politicians have packed foreing currency because of election ....hence the scarcity
Access is now issuing card with what your buy instead of raw cash becos of the scarcity

Does the card make it faster?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
toluxa1:

Does the card make it faster?

Yes...in a way
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by splashclothin(m): 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Yes...in a way
Is the transaction instant or you have to go through the same process
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 6:40am On Sep 13, 2022
splashclothin:

Is the transaction instant or you have to go through the same process

Same process....u submit your passport with visa, plane ticket....just that because there is shortage of physical dollar...they pay part into card so u have it electronically and a small part in cash.....

1 Like

Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by indegrees(f): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Same process....u submit your passport with visa, plane ticket....just that because there is shortage of physical dollar...they pay part into card so u have it electronically and a small part in cash.....

Can the plane ticket be two single one-way tickets or it must be round trip? Do they check?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 4:49am On Sep 21, 2022
indegrees:

Can the plane ticket be two single one-way tickets or it must be round trip? Do they check?

Usually the policy is u must return...
But whem u het to the branch their HOP or someone from head office will have to approve your request of you dont have return ticket.....only students and work visa holders are permitted buy one way
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by indegrees(f): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
WatchYourSix:

But whem u het to the branch their HOP or someone from head office will have to approve your request of you dont have return ticket.....only students and work visa holders are permitted buy one way

Does that mean I can go for my pta with a one way ticket and work visa?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
indegrees:

Does that mean I can go for my pta with a one way ticket and work visa?
Read his response again. It was very clear.
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by Cyingfreeman: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
WatchYourSix:

This information really helped alot.

Thank you
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by Cyingfreeman: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Will one be able to withdraw USD with this card when in the US?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

Yes naaa....naija never commot for your blood grin
Wetin u want use cash do....u fit no use cash for a long time if you like
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by Cyingfreeman: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Yes naaa....naija never commot for your blood grin
Wetin u want use cash do....u fit no use cash for a long time if you like

Lol. E better for me now.

Thanks for this clarification
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by 1stdami(m): 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by 1stdami(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

This information really helped alot.

Thank you

I don’t know if I’m slow or something but I don’t understand what he said about one way ticket and return. If you don’t mind can you explain ? Or I can send you a message request. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by 1stdami(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2022
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

Yep
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by jennann(f): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2022
WatchYourSix:

What about Nigerians who are living and working abroad who are visiting the country. Do you think they can get if they apply too? Just that their return ticket is from their country of abode to Nigeria and then back.

Meanwhile, thank you for the insight so far
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by WatchYourSix: 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
jennann:

What about Nigerians who are living and working abroad who are visiting the country. Do you think they can get if they apply too? Just that their return ticket is from their country of abode to Nigeria and then back.

Meanwhile, thank you for the insight so far

I'm not sure about nigerians who dont live in Nigerians
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by jennann(f): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
Okay, thanks a lot
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by damselhoney(f): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2022
Please between UBA and Firstbank which bank is better for PTA?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by Tesclaros(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
I applied for PTA at zenith bank bank since on 2nd Dec.. and its still showing ADB_REVIEWER .. called my account officer and he said FX is scarce now and it might take upto a month - 2 months .. I need this cash before 2 weeks time .. how do i go about this ? What do you think can be done to fast track my payment before 2 weeks time?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by oseremenifidon: 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
I am interested in this P.T.A thing, went to the bank and was told to apply online. Please who can help with the link?
Re: Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) by PizzleGold(m): 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
Tesclaros:
I applied for PTA at zenith bank bank since on 2nd Dec.. and its still showing ADB_REVIEWER .. called my account officer and he said FX is scarce now and it might take upto a month - 2 months .. I need this cash before 2 weeks time .. how do i go about this ? What do you think can be done to fast track my payment before 2 weeks time?
Hello, did they later got the application approved? How long? And how can I apply?

(1) (Reply)

Moved Back To Nigeria.. Miss The States..help Me / Dana Air Welcomes Audit, Reassures Guests Of Safety / Jerusalem Pilgrimage: Who Offers The Best Package?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.