Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

"I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi (2147 Views)

Less Than 24hrs After Attacking Obi , Dave Umahi Lost Senatorial Risk 2yrs Jail / Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / Ebonyi People Hold 1-Million-Man Protest March In Solidarity With Governor Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by politicoNG: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7176795/umahi-ebonyi-people-vote-tinubu#113772981

GOVERNOR UMAHI HAS ONLY RECHOED HIS RESOLVE TO UPHOLD THE OUTCOME OF THE RECENT APC PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY.

Our attention has been drawn to insinuations in some quarters suggesting that the Ebonyi State Governor, Engr. David Umahi, FNSE, FNATE has specifically asked Ebonyi People not to vote for a particular candidate in the 2023 Presidential election.

Without joining issues with the purveyors of this twisted and misleading information, we have elected to make a few clarifications for better comprehension by discerning minds.

1. Governor Umahi understands that all Citizens have freedom of choice of Candidates.

2. However, you would recall that while making his speech during the just concluded Presidential Primary at the Eagle Square, Abuja, Governor Umahi did promise to abide by the outcome of the election by supporting whoever eventually becomes the Standard Bearer of the Party.

3. What Governor Umahi did during a Stakeholders' meeting on Monday was in the spirit of sportsmanship to emphasize his earlier resolve to support the eventual winner of the Presidential election who later turned out to be Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

4. The statement by Governor Umahi by all standards only underscored his determination to live up to his earlier comment of supporting the Party's Standard Bearer.

5. However, Governor Umahi has not hidden his displeasure with the role of most of the political actors of the SouthEast who are only self-serving and not honest about the agitation of having a Nigerian President from the zone. He underscored the fact that the stakeholders of the zone are not yet determined to take their destinies into their hands which is obviously visible in their character.

6. Furthermore, it is pertinent to observe that if anyone wants the support and vote of Ebonyians, let such person switch to the All Progressives Party, APC, as Ebonyi State under the leadership of Governor David Umahi, is an APC state and as such, don't play double standard, knowing that it is difficult and near impossible to be kissing and vomiting at the same time.

7. The general public is encouraged to see it from the lens of obedience to the supremacy of the Political Party.

8. All and sundry are advised to disregard the hapless hypothesis which was only concocted for the self-aggrandizement of those spreading it

Francis Nwaze, FIPMD
Special Assistant to the Governor
(Media and Publicity)
June 13, 2022.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02EaFvRyrF7FNxaBs3Rwq8RAyFi5CyZYs6oxaJzEGSQ33UcXFeZeAZsiQFQbJPE7hpl&id=100054156231218

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Xscape1993(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Evil party... party of lies and fake promises... problem of Nigeria at the moment...

14 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Aonkuuse(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Damage control

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Foolish man.He has realized how damaging that comment is to his own senatorial ambition.

Of course he knows Tinubu is going no where

24 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by booblacain(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ebubu3: 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
he is still saying he supports Tinubu his party candidate

wonderful party man

leave the headline and read the content of the press release he's saying the same thing, adding salt to you guys injuries grin
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by ayoolataiwo(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Be more careful next when giving opinions,naija media fit twist mata for Africa

1 Like

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ebubu3: 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
why are people castigating him

should he not support his own party candidate ?
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ebubu3: 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
not supporting tinubu would mean anti-party activities and he would be punished for it

umahi stick with tinubu i stand with you

apc in ebonyi is till eternity
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Urheadmaster(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
Confusion is nobody's mate tongue

Apart from lies and deceiving the citizens, what else can our politicians offer Nigerians

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Coolsperm: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
We don't care what you say, we will Obidiently follow our mind, but rest assured that we Yoruba Christian's will never vote Muslim muslim ticket
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by nwakibie3(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
I read through the write but couldn't see where he denied making such comment...

2 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by sonature1: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Engr. Dave Umahi may be topnotch in infrastructure, but he has to learn to guard his utterances. Leadership goes beyond infrastructural development.

3 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
That's why you need a media aid undecided undecided
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Blackfire(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Why is he talking like that? Ibos don't even like that Obi ... nobody will vote for him.. he is a nobody

Click like for Obi

Share for Atiku/tinubu

16 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by christejames(m): 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
Your megalomania attitude will be put in check come 2023, you will be shot back to political oblivion.
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Adonis86(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hmmm... Time of denial
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Bomboiy: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
Dem don drag him papa tire,he thinks igbos do follow follow politics. We vote for candidate not party.

1 Like

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Support Tinubu, don't be an emperor
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
The people are with Peter Obi
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Risentouch(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
The ordersity.
Even Sanwo has not told lagosians to vote Tinubu, na thìs presidential wanabe is dishing out orders.
Always complaining. He left PDP quoting that they don't care about SE, now joined APC and lost now blaming ohanézè. Same person that wants Igbo presidency still tell Igbo People not to vote their own.

2 Likes

Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ddokie: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Umahi never know how far.
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Maxymilliano(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
Damage control
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ddeliverer007(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
From the lens of obidience. Wise one.

Obi is coming.
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by jlinkd78(m): 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Noted
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by techWriter3: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Evil faction
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Penguin2: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
Big fool.

He has seen the backlash and quickly changed mouth.

If he doesn’t take time, Ebonyi people will get angry and not vote for Nwifuru.

Onye ala!
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Owologbo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2022
politicoNG:
https://www.nairaland.com/7176795/umahi-ebonyi-people-vote-tinubu#113772981

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02EaFvRyrF7FNxaBs3Rwq8RAyFi5CyZYs6oxaJzEGSQ33UcXFeZeAZsiQFQbJPE7hpl&id=100054156231218

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Stupid man spitting bile for not getting back from his zone in APC primary.
what was his contribution to Obi as a VP in 2019 while he was still a PDP member?
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by ChoCho54(f): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ebubu3:
not supporting tinubu would mean anti-party activities and he would be punished for it

umahi stick with tinubu i stand with you

apc in ebonyi is till eternity
Zukwanike!!
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ebubu3: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
ChoCho54:
Zukwanike!!

hafum aka
Re: "I Never Said Ebonyi People Should Not Vote For Peter Obi" - Dave Umahi by Ebubu3: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
Penguin2:
Big fool.

He has seen the backlash and quickly changed mouth.

If he doesn’t take time, Ebonyi people will get angry and not vote for Nwifuru.

Onye ala!

oga goan sleep abeg

you no get choice or say

nwifuru is your next governor and the development will continue.

do anyhow na make power remain in ebonyi south

no be your community lose ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Can Cause A Revolution- Dr Hakeem Baba Ahmed NEF Director of Publicity / Jackson Ude Shares Tinubu's Wedding Invitation Set To Hold On 18th February / Nigeria's Presidential Election Was A Crime Scene Not Election - Intl Observers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.