Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? (525 Views)

Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / What Difference Would A Rotational Presidency Mean For An Average Nigerian? / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by OsunOriginal: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
Pardon me if I sound a little selfish in this short write-up. At the end of the day, politics is all about what you hope to benefit by supporting a candidate or what you may miss/lose if a candidate other than yours wins. That said, mine is not particularly a selfish personal gain or rent-seeking but rather a collective one which would positively impact even those supporting other candidates. To go straight to the point, it is about the benefits that would accrue to Lagos, Lagosians, and even Nigeria in the event of a Tinubu presidency. When I say Nigeria in this context, I mean how a further developed Lagos would benefit Nigeria in general. Going by the 2016 census, the population of Lagos is 21 million making Lagos the most populous city in Africa. Virtually every state in Nigeria has one person or more living in Lagos. Therefore, any development in Lagos (economic, infrastructure, etc) will definitely trickle down to many corners of Nigeria.

While I don't want to monopolize this discussion, I want to front-load the following as potential benefits for Lagos if Tinubu becomes Nigeria president. Feel free to add more or present a different view.

- Special status for Lagos: A special status for Lagos is an agitation that has been on for many years. The PDP government only paid a lip service to it and ended up not doing anything about it. This would have attracted special federal spending to Lagos other than the meagre monthly subversion for a state that hosts Nigerians from virtually all the states of the federation.

- Dedicated power generation and distribution for Lagos: Power supply is another fundamental aspect of Lagos and Lagosians' life that would be improved by a Tinubu presidency. Tinubu had wanted to implement dedicated power generation and supply for Lagos with Egbin power plant by Enron but was frustrated by the then OBJ federal government. Given that power supply is getting worse in Nigeria general and Lagos in particular, a Tinubu presidency might be what we need to bring that dream to reality.

With infrastructural development and improved power supply, the economy of Lagos would improve and this would serve as a springboard for not only foreign direct investments, even local businesses will thrive as a result. Who benefits at the end of the day? Lagosians and other Nigerians including those in Alaba market, Ladipo market, Okota, Festac town, etc.

Please add more areas where you think a Tinubu presidency will benefit Lagos, Lagosians, and Nigeria in general.
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by stainedanisus1: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju omo olodo ide don't have time for hate and perdition children, I know they are going to still wail about him. The brain behind Eko Atlantic, an investment destination that will be the envy of Africa when completed. An area holding the biggest USA embassy in the world. Why will I not like this man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by bicoloratrite9: 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect He is the governor with the best cabinet in his era and we are very sure that having a man like this as president means we will have capable hands at the helm of affairs, a win-win for Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by KoronaKola: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, the slayer of mpukumiri addicts. , on your mandate forever.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by Ogamysamo: 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
you have stated facts instead of just asking your question and go, why are you putting words in our mouth?
well from all being said thus far it seems all you know on focus on is that lagos will benefit alot from tinubu's presidency. he is for presidency not lagos' governor so tell us more about the benefits for nigerians at large
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by RobustRoad: 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubu omo olodo ide , the man that make the heart of Meth addicts beat with fear. They wish they had someone like him, but they can never see someone like him hence they resorted to hating and gnashing of teeth. A forward thinker and a master strategist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by OsunOriginal: 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ogamysamo:
you have stated facts instead of just asking your question and go, why are you putting words in our mouth?
well from all being said thus far it seems all you know on focus on is that lagos will benefit alot from tinubu's presidency. he is for presidency not lagos' governor so tell us more about the benefits for nigerians at large

Today's focus is on Lagos. Another piece will be released within the week to address your request. Too much to talk about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by TallerKola: 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, the slayer of mpukumiri addicts. don't have time for Meth addicts, I know they are bitter about him. The brain behind Eko Atlantic, an investment destination that will be the envy of Africa when completed. An area holding the biggest USA embassy in the world. Why will I not like this man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by Weak6Exers: 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Jagaban, the slayer of mpukumiri addicts The brain behind Eko Atlantic, an investment destination that will be the envy of Africa when completed. An area holding the biggest USA embassy in the world. Why will I not like this man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by BowlingTall: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Lion of Bourdillon , these political neophytes can't lace Jagaban shoes.

5 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by SarkinYarki: 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
More extortion extortion extortion
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by islandsscotch8: 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect will be the president no matter what. The brain behind Eko Atlantic, an investment destination that will be the envy of Africa when completed. An area holding the biggest USA embassy in the world. Why will I not like this man

5 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by cleatsmottled9: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
Jagaban Borgu This man need to be studied by student of politics in our universities, we need to have a full syllabus on Asiwaju with reference to Nigerian politics
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by paracolaxnear1: 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect , the most influential politician of this era.
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by cuddlyaplasta4: 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
Lion of Bourdillon . This man is just showing up everywhere you go. This mandate is yours and kadara will come to pass
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by KoronaKola: 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju baba Seyi don't have time for Meth addicts, I know they are bitter about him. Jaga Jaga Jaga ban Borgu

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by RobustRoad: 11:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju Tinubu is the answer. He is so present almost on every news

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by TallerKola: 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect This mandate is yours and kadara will come to pass

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by Weak6Exers: 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
Jagaban, the slayer of mpukumiri addicts

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by BowlingTall: 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, Modern Lagos Architect don't have time for Meth addicts, I know they are bitter about him. Jaga Jaga Jaga ban Borgu

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by KoronaKola: 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu will be the president no matter what. You got our support come rain come sunshine

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by RobustRoad: 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju omo olodo ide . This man is just everywhere you go. Again, jagaban till eternity

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
More looting in Lagos Treasury
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by TallerKola: 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju is the only answer and the right person to solve Nigeria's numerous problems. You got our support come rain come sunshine

4 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by Weak6Exers: 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju, the Lion of Bourdillon , Jah bless the leader. The brain behind Eko Atlantic, an investment destination that will be the envy of Africa when completed. An area holding the biggest USA embassy in the world. Why will I not like this man

3 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by BowlingTall: 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Asiwaju oko Remi . This man is just showing up everywhere you go. Please advise children of hate not to hate on a man that God favors

3 Likes

Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Lagos is spending only 20 per cent of her money on capital expenditures and recurrent the rest is stolen or shared between themselves.
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by OsunOriginal: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2022
slimfit1:
Lagos is spending only 20 per cent of her money on capital expenditures and recurrent the rest is stolen or shared between themselves.

Any proof?
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Any proof?

Ask Sanwo Olu to open the book.
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by okeysoninv: 11:35am On Jun 15, 2022
meanwhile.
Re: What Does a Tinubu Presidency Mean For Lagos, Lagosians, And Nigeria? by bryning899: 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
All LCDA will become proper LG

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Atiku Picks Okowa As Running Mate / Tinubu, From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate Handout Circulating On Twitter / Obi's Campaign Denies Knowlege Of Any CNN Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.