Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP (25888 Views)

Presidential Ticket: How Wike May Scuttle PDP Govs’ Ghana Deal / Peter Obi As Atiku's VP: Southeast PDP Leaders Meet (Photos) / OGD, Dickson, Iweala, Fayose, Others Make Atiku’s VP List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by nasoeb: 7:32am On Jun 15, 2022
nkemjacob2:
Has wike now agree to be second class citizen? Shame on him
yes same second class which osinbajo, sambo are. The same second class (democratically) the igbos have never had and may never have. Rame the igbos are begging the pdp to give them.

1 Like

Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by ponishah: 7:36am On Jun 15, 2022
Passionate888:

Serious you say? Okay na. Calling Oyigbo Obigbo is serious to you? Okowa that didn't coukd be compared to Okezie is now a big weight in Delta politics? Seriake Dickson wey no fit win Bayelsa, Donald Duke and Wike na 5 and 6.
Okowa is the biggest weight in Delta politics by all standards.
And when did noisemaking become the hallmark of a a powerful politician?

Honestly, I like Wike, probably more than you. But for a winning team, I prefer Okowa with Atiku,
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Abassmt: 7:39am On Jun 15, 2022
Kennitrust:
Ibrahim Alhassan wrote:
How obi can make it the north
Peter Obi is a good man, one of the best presidential materials. But the hard truth is, no South Easterner can win a presidential election in Nigeria without the support of Northern Nigeria. This is not a curse, it is a statistical fact. If the majority of the good Igbos out there and Peter Obi's campaign team wants him to win the election, lets them do the following, it is not going to be a rocket science: ��

1. Translate All Peter Obi's speeches into the north's two major indigenous languages; Hausa and Fulfulde .

2. Buy Radio airtime in major Radio stations in the North where Peter's translated speeches, interviews and his campaign menifestos will be played on a daily or weekly basis.

3. BBC Hausa and VOA Hausa are very vital. Get in touch with them to be granting regular interviews with powerful influential northerners to be appointed as Peter Obi's campaign Directors in the north. Engage other International radio stations such as Radio Deutch Welle (DW) and Radio Beijing with considerable number of Hausa and Fulfulde listenership.

4. Identify and engage popular Northern Nigeria Social Media influencers and bloggers like Northern Hibiscus, Hausa-Fulani, Kano Online, etc.

5. Create physical presence through liason offices in key Northern cities. These offices should be functional and be effectively engaging grassroot political formations from wards, to LGAs and states levels to propagate the message of a new Nigeria through Peter Obi.

6. A powerful Northern Nigerian Vice President should be selected from Kano, Kaduna or Katsina - the super 3 Ks in terms of number of eligible voters.

7. Create a Shadow Cabinet with Shadow Ministers..
A Shadow cabinet doesn't have executive power since they are only executive members of government in waiting. Distribute key Shadow Ministries to the 3 Ks. This will create a deep effect in the political conversation in the North. The Shadow Ministers will operate just like normal Ministers, they should be given official cars and their job will include to criticize the original Ministers in the current administration - offering a better alternative to the unsolved problems of the current cabinet. Shadow cabinets are powerful opposition tools. This alone could place Labour Party as the main opposition party displacing PDP which is almost on its way to the grave.

8. The North is Nigeria's most politically conscious region. We don't vote money, we vote interest. Protect Northern interest in Nigeria while ensuring a balance in the South.

9. Supporters of Peter Obi MUST TRY as much as possible to avoid getting into Social Media wars and confrontations with Northern Nigerians. Stop the subs.... Northerners are your partner in constructing the new Nigeria. I've always maintained that the North is not in enmity with the South. Some evil politicians created a fake division. Peter Obi must expose that division and seek to be a unifier. Supporters of Peter Obi must have at least 10 or more influential Northerners who are partners in the rescue Nigeria project.

10. Avoid religious misunderstandings. Respect each other's religious opinions. Religion should never be part of politics. It was some evil politicians that brings in religion into Nigeria politics for their personal selfish interests.

11. Protect northerners and their businesses in the south and vice versa. Extend friendly hands to make the south, especially SE a safe haven for northerners.

As a Northerner who believed in justice, equity and fairness, and who is well informed about the good intentions of Mr Peter Obi, I'm convinced that when given the opportunity and with the right and selfless people in his government, we will see the birth of the new Nigeria we are all dreaming of. Let's give South East this opportunity, I will volunteer to be part of Peter Obi's team in the north.

Peter Obi is smart, focused and one of the best presidential candidates. But would his campaign team and kinsmen agrees to and implement the above quick wins campaign strategies I outlined? Let's gets this message across many platforms until Peter Obi and his campaign team come across it!!!!
This is what we have been telling them but they can never listen to you, instead they abuse you how they like show you the hatred they have toward you.I like your options but is too late.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Passionate888: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2022
ponishah:

Okowa is the biggest weight in Delta politics by all standards.
And when did noisemaking become the hallmark of a a powerful politician?

Honestly, I like Wike, probably more than you. But for a winning team, I prefer Okowa with Atiku,
Okowa biggest weight in Delta? Don't make me laugh.
I didn't say Wike is powerful.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by teepain: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

I will just answer you with a question : how many times have you heard that Fulani killer herdsmen are butchering people in River state? Or are you claiming ignorance of the fact that these Fulani killer herdsmen are not on Islamic mission?

I do not believe that the Fulani bandits are on an Islamic mission because if that were to be so they wouldn't be killing their fellow Muslims in Katsina and other states. Therefore, it is safe to assume that they have other motives.

2 Likes

Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by ponishah: 8:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Passionate888:
Okowa biggest weight in Delta? Don't make me laugh.
I didn't say Wike is powerful.
He is , and nobody else. Stop living in the past.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Vadese1: 8:19am On Jun 15, 2022
Atiku/Wike ticket is a total failure. If Atiku want to win this time, he should per up with okowa or any other influential person from the SS or the SE. Wike is too rude. He can't even win river state this time around.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by crixlight2(m): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:
Tinubu-Dogara is already trending

While Atiku-Wike is already trending.

The choice of Dogara or any Christian will make Tinubu lose northern votes. If he dares choose a Muslim, the south is gone.

Now, the choice of Wike will further make the Atiku ticket unpopular in both the north and south.

No Igbo man will vote Atiku with Wike as running mate after Obigbo massacre and telling the world he’s not Igbo.

Okowa will work against them in Delta.

After breaking Obaseki’s neck in Edo PDP, Obaseki will work against an Atiku/Wike ticket.

After losing out on both the presidency and vice presidency, Udom Emmanuel will not be enthusiastic to campaign for them in Akwa Ibom.

Donald Duke and Liyel Imoke don’t like Wike in Cross River.

Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa and Wike no dey waka same road.

I do not think the Yorubas will be so enthusiastic to vote Wike either.

So where will Wike get the southern votes for Atiku?

Well sha, everything is working out for the good of Peter Obi.

Lol unah go Cry tire , last last South East go lose last last
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by rotile247(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

The choice of Dogara or any Christian will make Tinubu lose northern votes. If he dares choose a Muslim, the south is gone.

Now, the choice of Wike will further make the Atiku ticket unpopular in both the north and south.

No Igbo man will vote Atiku with Wike as running mate after Obigbo massacre and telling the world he’s not Igbo.

After breaking Obaseki’s neck in Edo PDP, Obaseki will work against an Atiku/Wike ticket.

After losing out on both the presidency and vice presidency, Udom Emmanuel will not be enthusiastic to campaign for them in Akwa Ibom.

You are very correct.

On paper Obi should carry south east which APC and PDP has factored in their choice of running mates.

In politics they say there is permanent friends or enemies but permanent interests. Our politicians would shift grounds as many times even parties just for their selfish interests. If their interests get served even Amaechi and Wike would work together.

The Nigerian electorate are majorly at the grassroots, usually under associations, family head, religious groups. Once these groups are blessed with 'stomach infrastructures' they share to their members and direct their voting pattern.

The few independents ones don't either have PVC, can't stress themselves or just online only.

Obi would have stood a better chance if he had got the South East and South South support for the presidential ticket.

I hope and pray he wins.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2022
Azsalami:

Okowa is too silent, slow and not brave, we need a courageos man, A strategic politician, Talk & Do, we need someone that can stand for the christians and is ready to talk anytime at federal level, Wike is fearless thats Why muric and other islamic organisation are against his movement.
And the movement is sealed for the favour of christ.
Wike is the nex VP

And u can never rig election against woke... Never or we die there
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Prince111111: 8:55am On Jun 15, 2022
Azsalami:

Okowa is too silent, slow and not brave, we need a courageos man, A strategic politician, Talk & Do, we need someone that can stand for the christians and is ready to talk anytime at federal level, Wike is fearless thats Why muric and other islamic organisation are against his movement.
And the movement is sealed for the favour of christ.
Wike is the next VP
the guy is more than capable to be second at the helm of the presidency

1 Like

Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Prince111111: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

Oga the narrative here is different. Your analysis does not even enter. Atiku is the subject bringing them together at the moment.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by emmykk(m): 9:07am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

All this rubbish you are typing will not work
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by deeva2: 9:11am On Jun 15, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Wike is the strongest option available in PDP for Vice President. The energy and vibe he will bring to their campaign will be extraordinary.

i think Udom is better because Wike has many enemies within the south.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by bobgentle: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

According to your analysis keeping Wike and obi for a Southern vote contest give me a side by side state votes projection of the southern States. all these southern states whom do you think the masses and not the votes of the foolish leaders/governors you mention will make a sure WIN for Obi or Wike
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by ofwest47(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2022
Tinubu should leave inter religious politics and go and choose good political assistance for good governmental administration b
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Teerach: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2022
kollinz1234:
see this Tinubu forming neutral. Wait till the election then we will know who has structure and who doesn't.
Shalom
Baba I nor dey vote anybody. I don't have PVC and I don't intend to get one.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Teerach: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2022
ponishah:

See as you dey talk like who hold small cup for right hand and hold one tap for the other hand, this early mono...
See as you mention me like person wey get something reasonable or sensible to say.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Teerach: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2022
ponishah:

You are guilty of what you accused him of, too personal.
You also betrayed your personal points when showed serious fear for pdp, with Obis's presence, especially if pdp gambles gambles with wike as running mate.
As you know already, but you chose to deceive your intelligence, that Peter Obi's presence is damaging blow to pdp more than it is to apc.
Wike will be a mistake, but this election go too balance because already, e don choke everyone even when e never start
Baba PO is going no where. This election is btw APC and PDP. So pitch your tenth rightly. Else na breakfast you go chop las las by 2023.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by OderaOdesigo: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

Dream on! Pa pa ra ra dim dim pa ra ra!! Dream on!!!
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Passionate888: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2022
ponishah:

He is , and nobody else. Stop living in the past.
grin
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by pacificom: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2022
Na devil dey tempt a lamp that is steering at the lion.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by zigzagluv: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2022
all this are story , Obaseki cant do anything and you hate peter Obi because what he did to ipob
Penguin2:

Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by 9jaTalks(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2022
Baba Bullion van have spoken. He doesn't even hide his money Politics style any longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmbKTS4nx0
#AsorockNotInheritance
#ShunEmilokun
#Hardfacts
#GetYourPVC
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by zigzagluv: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2022
when you betray your brother , even the buyer will not trust you...... Good for okowa
Passionate888:
Okowa go cry o
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by EDOLUWA: 11:52am On Jun 15, 2022
Just like football, politics is not a mathematics. Two of them are games and swings anyhow anytime so there isn't any static indices to indicate who the odd may favor. Both parties Presidential - their vices flagbearers only have to come with a strong strategy to win the election. Unfortunately for APC they have more work to do because NOTHING (economy, security, education etc) is working under their administration.

Penguin2:

Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Penguin2: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2022
bobgentle:
According to your analysis keeping Wike and obi for a Southern vote contest give me a side by side state votes projection of the southern States. all these southern states whom do you think the masses and not the votes of the foolish leaders/governors you mention will make a sure WIN for Obi or Wike

Peter Obi will sweep the entire Southeast. Or do you argue that?

He will get over 30% of votes or more in all of Southsouth states. Maybe except Rivers if Wike gets the ticket.

He will score about 40% of votes in Lagos, about 20% in Ogun, Oyo and Ondo.

Don’t know what will happen in Osun and Ekiti.
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Penguin2: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
fergie001:

Likely true.

Not true.

Also not true.

He has his Guber Candidate, and the State is a PDP State. He can't do much knowing give or take, he will be well-compensated; that is if he still doesn't emerge.

Obaseki is likely heading to LP. Even with Oshio as Governor, PDP won the State. It won't change now, though Obaseki will likely reduce their votes.

He stood a chance with none, APC will likely not have a Guber Candidate, likely no Senator in one of the Zones, and not very strong Candidates on their ballot. It's a clean sweep there for the PDP.

Since Ayade defected, Cross-River PDP have been living on Rivers money. Wike controls the Party 99% there.

He is anti-Wike & pro-Atiku, he doesn't have a choice because he will be on the ballot on same day. 2 out of the three zones are fully PDP , nothing will change there.

Will Okowa make them vote Atiku?

Don't be in a hurry.....

So, in your estimation, the youth uprising will not have any effect in the direction of votes anywhere in the Southsouth states?
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by fergie001: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

So, in your estimation, the youth uprising will not have any effect in the direction of votes anywhere in the Southsouth states?
South East YES (only in some States)
Lagos YES; Ibadan YES...that's all
South/South NO (excepting Igbo-dominated areas)
Re: Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP by Penguin2: 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
fergie001:

South East YES (only in some States)
Lagos YES; Ibadan YES...that's all
South/South NO (excepting Igbo-dominated areas)

Wow!

You are surprising me with this your stance o!

Pray, tell me which state in the Southeast that you think Peter Obi will not win.

And do you sincerely think that Peter Obi will not get votes in Delta, Akwa Ibom and Cross River?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka: Wike Endorsement Of Sanwo-Olu Morally Inappropriate / Photos: Lagosians Defy The Rain To Cast Their Votes / Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.