Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate (1255 Views)

Youths Asking Why Only Igbos Were Filed Into Almost 100% LP Political Positions / IBB Didn't Endorse Obi, He Does Not Have A Twitter Account - Spokesman / OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Some days ago,

- Ebonyi Governor Dave Umahi publicly declared he will mobilize igbo votes in his state for Tinubu

- Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello publicly declared he will deliver Kogi for Tinubu

- Niger Governor is canvassing for Tinubu

- Katsina Governor is dancing to Tinubu's reggae and blues

- Kano Governor has turned to superman because of Tinubu

- Borno Governor Zulum is on Tinubu train

- Kaduna Governor is supporting Tinubu

- Even Wike has said many times he likes and respects Tinubu and has no issues with him whatsoever.

- and I can go on and on. But the main point is that outside of Tinubu's Southwest region, outside Lagos state where Tinubu was Governor in 1999 - 2007, the list of prominent people that control various major party structures across their states, and the grassroots politicians in favor of Tinubu outside is so HUGE!

How can someone that has left Governor seat since over about 15 years ago command such love and relevance? Tinubu endears so much people outside of his zone, people from other tribes, people from different cultures, people from other parties, the people that matter in politics, the big fishes in the pond. It means Tinubu must be a man of solid character, a man that is useful, a man that is not tribalistic, a loyal man, a man of excellent principles to be able to maintain that kind of high level association and friendships over the long years.

But we just cannot say the same thing about Peter Obi. He was also a 2 term Governor of Anambra but since he left governor seat Obi has been so politically irrelevant. Despite jumping from one party to another, he still doesn't have any significant political network or networth among the people that matter in the political sphere outside of his Southeast zone, even in Anambra.

No single person that matter in politics outside of the Southeast, people that control major political structures in their states, or local politicians that command a huge grassroots following outside of the Southeast has canvassed or is canvassing for Obi. Peter Obi is practically like a political orphan, he is on his own. It really looks like nobody among the somebody's likes him. Actually, that's the fact of the matter.

Something must definitely be wrong with his outlook. Is Peter Obi so tribalistic to the point that nobody outside the Southeast likes him? Even in Anambra, no major political heavyweights are behind him. That already shows you Peter Obi will make a terrible president, he has no bridges, no solid political association or affiliation with others, he will be a one man show. But a tree cannot make a forest.

Sad thing is, even igbo terrorists like Autopilot IPOB are against him. Only UGM and ESN Igbos are supporting him. But these are the undeniable truths his uncouth wild unruly violent zombie supporters don't want other people to talk about. What a shame for their dull brains. Who are the people supporting Obi outside the Southeast? People like Deji Adeyanju and other Twitter riffraffs who are the nobodies of Nigerian politics undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 6:38am On Jun 15, 2022
Attention seeking bigotry thinks only the Igbos are supporting peter Obi tongue

A true Nigeria citizen ought to support Peter Obi regardless of what "tribe" he is from .

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by God1000(m): 6:39am On Jun 15, 2022
Not only igbos

I'm supporting him even though I'm not igbo.

Meanwhile the stroppy and grumpy guy that quoted me below with scathing remarks needs serious help

12 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Great2017: 6:39am On Jun 15, 2022
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Great2017:
Trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Eriokanmi: 6:41am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Some days ago,

- Ebonyi Governor Dave Umahi publicly declared he will mobilize igbo votes in his state for Tinubu

- Even Wike has said many times he likes and respects Tinubu and has no issues with him whatsoever.

- and I can go on and on. But the main point is that outside of Tinubu's Southwest region, outside Lagos state where Tinubu was Governor in 1999 - 2007, the list of prominent people that control various major party structures across their states, and the grassroots politicians in favor of Tinubu outside is so HUGE!

How can someone that has left Governor seat since over about 15 years ago command such love and relevance? Tinubu endears so much people outside of his zone, people from other tribes, people from different cultures, people from other parties, the people that matter in politics, the big fishes in the pond. It means Tinubu must be a man of solid character, a man that is useful, a man that is not tribalistic, a loyal man, a man of excellent principles to be able to maintain that kind of high level association and friendships over the long years.

But we just cannot say the same thing about Peter Obi. He was also a 2 term Governor of Anambra but since he left governor seat Obi has been so politically irrelevant. Despite jumping from one party to another, he still doesn't have any significant political network or networth among the people that matter in the political sphere outside of his Southeast zone, even in Anambra.

No single person that matter in politics outside of the Southeast, people that control major political structures in their states, or local politicians that command a huge grassroots following outside of the Southeast has canvassed or is canvassing for Obi. Peter Obi is practically like a political orphan, he is on his own. It really looks like nobody among the somebody's likes him. Actually, that's the fact of the matter.

Something must definitely be wrong with his outlook. Is Peter Obi so tribalistic to the point that nobody outside the Southeast likes him? Even in Anambra, no major political heavyweights are behind him. That already shows you Peter Obi will make a terrible president, he has no bridges, no solid political association or affiliation with others, he will be a one man show. But a tree cannot make a forest.

Sad thing is, even igbo terrorists like Autopilot IPOB are against him. Only UGM and ESN Igbos are supporting him. But these are the undeniable triuths his uncouth wild unruly violent zombie supporters don't want other people to talk about. What a shame for their dull brains. Who are the people supporting Obi outside the Southeast? People like Deji Adeyanju and other Twitter riffraffs who are the nobodies of Nigerian politics undecided
You're the tribal bigot here guy. If you're not tired of drinking same old water which keeps giving you running stomach, we are . I'm yoruba 100%. In my office, all we're talking about is Obi. We all have our pvcs and will do justice with it. Why do you always think that, only those who do not support tinubu the corrupt fellow are ipob? Can you say this in oyo state without being given a deserving treat by the youths? You can't also say this in ondo state. Look at the 2019 presidential election results in ondo and that alone will tell if your man is on ground or not. Another 4 years of apc will spell doom for Nigeria, God forbid! If not for their loyalty for aketi, he'd have also lost governorship in ondo. Stop being emotionally attached to all these retard politicians who have blocked your future and fortune.

Do you now have light as their national grid keeps collapsing? Tell me the truth. Can you travel on Nigerian roads today anytime you choose without being scared? Those you're supporting dont travel by road. Tinubu was in abeokuta recently for a meeting during which he insulted dapo Abiodun and he kept checking the time, saying they had to return to lagos because helicopter doesnt fly beyond 60pm, such a short distance which could have been trevelled by road. Here in lagos, they've been using 4th mainland bridge and lagos owned airport to campaign since 1999. Between then and now, some mushroom states had built airports without making noise. When I say mushroom I'm talking of states whose IGR is so slim compared to lagos. Delta State airport
in Asaba, Ebonyi of all states, Anambra, Bayelsa had their airports. Which state needs it more? The Anambra airport was Obis initiative. Obiano only actualized it.

See, don't let anyone deceive you. Religous and tribal bigotry will not take us anywhere in life. In 1999, the election results which crowned obj was from the south east and south south while we voted falae. In 2015, I voted a muslim man from the north though he didn't live up to expectations and now, its obi. You guys first said he's ipob apologist but now, you're saying same ipob hates him in your post. What exactly are we to believe in your lies?

It's laughable when people talk about labour party in ekiti collapsing structures with the apc. Our focus isn't to win a state guber or a single LG. Leave trash for lawma. Let those parties keep electing their governors. They will defect later. I always refer to mimiko cos people never believed it couid happen in ondo but he shocked them under same.labout party. Its about the majority not mouths , by shouting or money. Our minds are made up. Join us!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by nrexzy: 6:43am On Jun 15, 2022
No vex oo

How r take concern u
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by mycar: 6:44am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Some days ago,

Sad thing is, even igbo terrorists like Autopilot IPOB are against him. Only UGM and ESN Igbos are supporting him. But these are the undeniable triuths his uncouth wild unruly violent zombie supporters don't want other people to talk about. What a shame for their dull brains. Who are the people supporting Obi outside the Southeast? People like Deji Adeyanju and other Twitter riffraffs who are the nobodies of Nigerian politics undecided
You can also support him or are you a tribalist?
And that no political thief is supporting even makes it more interesting, why do you want those that are holding Nigeria to ransom to support him?
It's either you are an aspiring politician or associate. It won't be well with all the people that are holding this country to ransom.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by inspectorg(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2022
OGA OP is not only igbos. Get this message of NEW POSITIVE CHANGE into ur thick skull.

Lest I forget, better start to be OBIdient , cos OBIdiently we move!!! . Thank U.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2022
God1000:
Not only igbos

I'm supporting him even though I'm not igbo
But you are a NOBODY in Nigerian politics, probably just another IPOB riffraff under the bridge somewhere browsing with free 10MB data from GLO.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I could be wrong, definitely. So let's give you a benefit of doubt. Can you tell me the political party you have formed or joined, and the top level government positions you have occupied like Deputy Governor, Governor, Senator, VP and such?

But if you can't, then go sit behind in that dark corner over there in the shadows where nobodies belong and stfu undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by jen4r: 6:46am On Jun 15, 2022
no lie machinery of tested fail apc party will make bat usu to smell asorock..,,...
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You're the tribal bigot here
Dummy, I'm igbo, so how can I be a tribal bigot against my own tribe? I just don't like Peter Obi, that's all. Just like I don't like Hell Rufai or some others. But that doesn't matter. I like Wike though, wish he could be Tinubu's VP, what do you think? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Oplomo: 6:50am On Jun 15, 2022
You Tinubu flying monkeys should give it up already with you flimsy and weak attempt to tribalize PO's revolutionary acceptance which has blown your minds recently.

You have wasting your time. Just like the APC lost in the VP's polling unit in Lagos Island, tinubu will lose to PO in enlightened parts of lagos such as lekki, lagos Island, surulere, VI, VGC, Marina etc. MC oluomo and his illiterate agbero influence no reach there. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by God1000(m): 6:50am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
But you are a NOBODY in Nigerian politics, probably just another IPOB riffraff under the bridge somewhere browsing with free 10MB data from GLO.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I could be wrong, definitely. So let's give you a benefit of doubt. Can you tell me the political party you have formed or joined, and the top level government positions you have occupied like Deputy Governor, Governor, Senator, VP and such?

But if you can't, then go sit behind in that dark corner over there in the shadows where nobodies belong and stfu undecided
look at this pettish cantankerous going berserk this early morning over nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2022
mycar:

You can also support him or are you a tribalist?
And that no political thief is supporting even makes it more interesting, why do you want those that are holding Nigeria to ransom to support him?
It's either you are an aspiring politician or associate. It won't be well with all the people that are holding this country to ransom.
I will rather vote for a fish than vote for Peter Obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by A2daiye(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2022
A wise words says; when a male dog is unavailable for hunting, the female dog becomes the only option. That's the case with Obi and the Igbos.
If you don't have a popular candidate like Jagaban in your region/party, forget about presidential election for now cos jagaban don win already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by mycar: 6:52am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Dummy, I'm igbo, so how can I be a tribal bigot against my own tribe? I just don't like Peter Obi, that's all. Just like I don't like Hell Rufai or some others. But that doesn't matter. I like Wike though, wish he could be Tinubu's VP, what do you think? undecided
You have said it all. You don't like Peter Obi, that has answered your question. He is not, your mind is playing tricks on you
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2022
God1000:
look at this pettish cantankerous going berserk this early morning over nothing.
I'm the King of pettiness and sarcasm is my 1st language cool. But what the hell is "pettish cantankerous"? You can't qualify an adjective with another adjective and the noun or subject is missing. So try to learn English better and stop typing like an idiot for a change undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Drsnives(m): 7:00am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Some days ago,

I guess your fingers are itching you, those names you mentioned would have said same had it been obi was apc flag bearer.
Mind you in 2011 shema the then gov of kastina state voted against their own daura son for Jonathan. It's like you dea reason from your an.us

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by AnambraPrince: 7:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Drsnives:

I guess your fingers are itching you, those names you mentioned would have said same had it been obi was apc flag bearer.
Mind you in 2011 shema the then gov of kastina state voted against their own daura son for Jonathan. It's like you dea reason from your an.us
Story for the gods. Tell us another one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by naija4life247: 7:09am On Jun 15, 2022
Of course nah Jagaban, the godfather of all godfathers
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2022
Obi is Ipob agenda lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Eriokanmi: 7:16am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Hahaha. Maybe you're also one of those who sold out your conscience at Eagle Square. Sorry obi won't dash you money like Tinubu. He's a technocrat. The era of money pilitics is fading. We need Nigeria back. Join us.

Sorry to say, you don't sound igbo, forget your fake moniker. Funny, you registered a few days and kept polluting here with fake info. The earlier you reveal your identity, the better. I remember Princeoflagos who's a full bloodied igbo guy here always attacking us yorubas. This isn't about ethic bogitry. This won't change anything guy. Join us in electing obi

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Mindlog: 7:19am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:

You are free not to like Obi and El Rufai as both don't even know of your existence.

Since you are marketing Tinubu, your focus is to be reminding Nigerians what that have been benefitting since 2015 from APC led government which Tinubu sold to Nigerians as its national leader and what more they stand to gain from Tinubu's presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Eriokanmi: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2022
Mindlog:

You are free not to like Obi and El Rufai as both don't even know of your existence.

Since you are marketing Tinubu, your focus is to be reminding Nigerians what that have been benefitting since 2015 from APC led government which Tinubu sold to Nigerians as its national leader and what more they stand to gain from Tinubu's presidency.
Anambraprince is not igbo baba. He's one of Tinubu apologists. Look at the date he registered to join NL and the amount of confusing comments he had made grin. You'd see more of them in coming days dont worry. They don't know we're not foolish. Our mumu don do. A ti gbon

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by gambojimeta: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2022
That is party structure for you. Something Labour party is severely lacking. Those governors would indeed deliver their states for Tinubu. Those thorough bred politicians will spend both money and mobilise people for Tinubu.
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Africana1123(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
Some days ago,

Sad thing is, even igbo terrorists like Autopilot IPOB are against him. Only UGM and ESN Igbos are supporting him. But these are the undeniable truths his uncouth wild unruly violent zombie supporters don't want other people to talk about. What a shame for their dull brains. Who are the people supporting Obi outside the Southeast? People like Deji Adeyanju and other Twitter riffraffs who are the nobodies of Nigerian politics undecided
peter obi is a scammer ,nobody trust him .

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by Mindlog: 7:26am On Jun 15, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Anambraprince is not igbo baba. He's one of Tinubu apologists. Look at the date he registered to join NL and the amount of confusing comments he had made grin. You'd see more of them in coming days dont worry. They don't know we're not foolish. Our mumu don do. A ti gbon

Where he comes from is irrelevant to me, let him remind us what Nigerians have been benefitting since 2015, a Presidency Tinubu engineered.
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by KaLuCh: 7:27am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:

Your point is what exactly? That only people who have occupied political offices or formed a party are eligible to vote? Clever by a quarter.
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by mighty2: 7:36am On Jun 15, 2022
Pit pandora obituary is a yeebow project and we will make sure the bastard never smell aso rock...... He can only rule Nigeria in his dream and not in real life...... I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate
Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by mycar: 7:43am On Jun 15, 2022
AnambraPrince:
I will rather vote for a fish than vote for Peter Obi.
So, how come you are writing a very long epistle on him?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate by mighty2: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Hahaha. Maybe you're also one of those who sold out your conscience at Eagle Square. Sorry obi won't dash you money like Tinubu. He's a technocrat. The era of money pilitics is fading. We need Nigeria back. Join us.

Sorry to say, you don't sound igbo, forget your fake moniker. Funny, you registered a few days and kept polluting here with fake info. The earlier you reveal your identity, the better. I remember Princeoflagos who's a full bloodied igbo guy here always attacking us yorubas. This isn't about ethic bogitry. This won't change anything guy. Join us in electing obi
shinedu, you are just one of the f**lish fl*t headed beerfraud monk*ys masquerading as Yoruba on nairaland, you are not the first to deny that your usele** yeebow tribe and you will never be the last.... Your tiny god called pit pandora obituary you ap* looking beerfraud idi*ts are worshipping will never get up to 200000 votes in all the states in Yoruba land, that is the fact...... Pandora pit obituary is a yeebow project and we will make sure the useless bastard never rule this country..... I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 2023 Election Permutations By Each Region / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Achievements In Education / Idara Gold The Biafran Akwaibomite Was Brought To Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.