Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis (75945 Views)

Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" / Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III / World War III Trends, Memes (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Teaser4(m): 7:11am On Jun 15, 2022
The pontiff has lamented military conflicts across the globe and said the Russia-Ukraine crisis may have been “provoked”

Pope Francis has suggested that World War III is already in progress, as evidenced by “intertwined elements” at work in the Russia-Ukraine crisis and other conflicts across the globe.

“A few years ago, it occurred to me to say that we are experiencing a third world war fought piecemeal,” the head of the Catholic Church said in a May 19 interview with Jesuit media outlets that was published on Tuesday. “Today, for me, World War III has been declared.”

Francis noted that while the fighting in Ukraine “pricks our sensibilities more,” wars also are ongoing in such places as northern Nigeria and Myanmar, “and nobody cares.” He added, “The world is at war. This is something that should give us pause for thought.”

Acknowledging criticism for his failure to condemn Russian President Vladimir Putin and his past comments suggesting that NATO expansion onto Russia’s doorstep might have provoked the crisis, the pontiff denied being “pro-Putin.” He said such a claim would be “simplistic and erroneous.

“I am simply against turning a complex situation into a distinction between good guys and bad guys, without considering the roots and self-interests, which are very complex,” he said. “While we witness the ferocity and cruelty of Russian troops, we should not forget the problems and seek to solve them.”

Asked how the Jesuit editors should report on the Eastern European conflict in a way that contributes to a peaceful future, Francis replied, “We have to get away from the common mindset of Little Red Riding Hood. Little Red Riding Hood was good, and the wolf was the bad guy. Here, there are no metaphysical good guys and bad guys, in the abstract. Something global is emerging, with elements that are closely intertwined with each other."

He also cautioned against focusing only on the “brutality and ferocity” of the conflict. “The danger is that we only see this, which is monstrous, and miss the whole drama that is unfolding behind this war, which was perhaps somehow either provoked or not prevented. I also note the interest in testing and selling weapons. It is very sad, but at the end of the day, that is what is at stake."

Francis praised the heroism of the Ukrainian people in defending their country, but he pointed to outside interests putting them in peril. “What is before our eyes is a situation of world war, global interests, arms sales, and geopolitical appropriation, which is martyring a heroic people,” he said.

The pontiff reiterated his concern, first made public in an interview last month, that NATO may have instigated Moscow’s military offensive against Kiev. He recalled a conversation with a head of state, whom he identified only as “a wise man,” a couple of months before the fighting began. “He told me that he was very concerned about the way NATO was acting. I asked him why, and he said, ‘They are barking at the gates of Russia, and they don't understand that the Russians are imperial and they will not allow any foreign power to approach them."

"Francis also warned that after many of Ukraine's Western backers “opened their hearts” to the women and children fleeing the country in the early days of the conflict, support for its refugees is already “cooling down.” He added, “Who will take care of these women? We need to look beyond the concrete action of the moment and see how we will support them so that they don’t fall into human trafficking or end up being used, because the vultures are already circling.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/557172-pope-says-ww3-declared/

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Chicagoesontop: 7:13am On Jun 15, 2022
Okpor ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2022
Europe Tribal War rather.

250 Likes 19 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by matrix199(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2022
May God be with us.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Mokason288(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2022
angry
Abeggggg ooo

The war should hold on oooo

I never enjoy life

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by money121(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2022
Make e no reach here ooo
Edakun

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Felimax(m): 7:39am On Jun 15, 2022
Papa is on point!
NATO should keep their distance and end the madness.

Even in Nigeria there is religious war everywhere.

188 Likes 16 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by joyandfaith: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Russia the land grabber

65 Likes 13 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by neonly: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2022
money121:
Make e no reach here ooo
Edakun

It already here my freind don't you u see d way things are happing nothig is working all over d world even here in Nigeria forget abt buhari policy nothing is working
New world order on d way if u ask me

74 Likes 15 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Teaser4(m): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2022
Seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Front page
Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Queenttoast01: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2022
You dey use mouth call war? sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by AllBlack: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2022
O ti zeh

2 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by bonechamberlain(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2022
Teaser4:
The pontiff has lamented military conflicts across the globe and said the Russia-Ukraine crisis may have been “provoked”

Pope Francis has suggested that World War III is already in progress, as evidenced by “intertwined elements” at work in the Russia-Ukraine crisis and other conflicts across the globe.

“A few years ago, it occurred to me to say that we are experiencing a third world war fought piecemeal,” the head of the Catholic Church said in a May 19 interview with Jesuit media outlets that was published on Tuesday. “Today, for me, World War III has been declared.”

Francis noted that while the fighting in Ukraine “pricks our sensibilities more,” wars also are ongoing in such places as northern Nigeria and Myanmar, “and nobody cares.” He added, “The world is at war. This is something that should give us pause for thought.”

Acknowledging criticism for his failure to condemn Russian President Vladimir Putin and his past comments suggesting that NATO expansion onto Russia’s doorstep might have provoked the crisis, the pontiff denied being “pro-Putin.” He said such a claim would be “simplistic and erroneous.

I am simply against turning a complex situation into a distinction between good guys and bad guys, without considering the roots and self-interests, which are very complex,” he said. “While we witness the ferocity and cruelty of Russian troops, we should not forget the problems and seek to solve them.”

Asked how the Jesuit editors should report on the Eastern European conflict in a way that contributes to a peaceful future, Francis replied, “We have to get away from the common mindset of Little Red Riding Hood. Little Red Riding Hood was good, and the wolf was the bad guy. Here, there are no metaphysical good guys and bad guys, in the abstract. Something global is emerging, with elements that are closely intertwined with each other.

He also cautioned against focusing only on the “brutality and ferocity” of the conflict. “The danger is that we only see this, which is monstrous, and miss the whole drama that is unfolding behind this war, which was perhaps somehow either provoked or not prevented. I also note the interest in testing and selling weapons. It is very sad, but at the end of the day, that is what is at stake.”

Francis praised the heroism of the Ukrainian people in defending their country, but he pointed to outside interests putting them in peril. “What is before our eyes is a situation of world war, global interests, arms sales, and geopolitical appropriation, which is martyring a heroic people,” he said.

The pontiff reiterated his concern, first made public in an interview last month, that NATO may have instigated Moscow’s military offensive against Kiev. He recalled a conversation with a head of state, whom he identified only as “a wise man,” a couple of months before the fighting began. “He told me that he was very concerned about the way NATO was acting. I asked him why, and he said, ‘They are barking at the gates of Russia, and they don't understand that the Russians are imperial and they will not allow any foreign power to approach them.’”

Francis also warned that after many of Ukraine's Western backers “opened their hearts” to the women and children fleeing the country in the early days of the conflict, support for its refugees is already “cooling down.” He added, “Who will take care of these women? We need to look beyond the concrete action of the moment and see how we will support them so that they don’t fall into human trafficking or end up being used, because the vultures are already circling.

Source: Rtnews

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala

World War III has been declared – Pope Francis https://www.rt.com/news/557172-pope-says-ww3-declared/

2 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by bonechamberlain(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
Exactly. Europeans fight themselves always like cavemen then they term it World War.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Teaser4(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2022
bonechamberlain:

World War III has been declared – Pope Francis https://www.rt.com/news/557172-pope-says-ww3-declared/
I intentionally type “Rtnews” instead of the link, nah antispam bot cause am…e fit give me 24 hr ban…
Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2022
joyandfaith:
Russia the land grabber
England traveled to Australia and America and Canada to grab land too.

99 Likes 13 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2022
I also note the interest in testing and selling weapons. It is very sad, but at the end of the day, that is what is at stake.”

This statement above from the pope,

This is why we should stop USA hegemony.

The USA use people's life to test their useless weapons and sell them and make money they don't care one bit about the life's of Ukrainians.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Bluewitch(f): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:

You know ball
Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by joyandfaith: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
England travel to Australia and America and Canada to grab land too
Land empire is different from culture empire. Check it out.

2 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Dvdpity: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
joyandfaith:

Land empire is different from culture empire. Check it out.
Show me USA in 1479?.

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Dvdpity: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
Teaser4:

I am simply against turning a complex situation into a distinction between good guys and bad guys, without considering the roots and self-interests, which are very complex,” he said. “While we witness the ferocity and cruelty of Russian troops, we should not forget the problems and seek to solve them.”

Asked how the Jesuit editors should report on the Eastern European conflict in a way that contributes to a peaceful future, Francis replied, “We have to get away from the common mindset of Little Red Riding Hood. Little Red Riding Hood was good, and the wolf was the bad guy. Here, there are no metaphysical good guys and bad guys, in the abstract. Something global is emerging, with elements that are closely intertwined with each other.

He also cautioned against focusing only on the “brutality and ferocity” of the conflict. “The danger is that we only see this, which is monstrous, and miss the whole drama that is unfolding behind this war, which was perhaps somehow either provoked or not prevented. I also note the interest in testing and selling weapons. It is very sad, but at the end of the day, that is what is at stake.”

The pontiff reiterated his concern, first made public in an interview last month, that NATO may have instigated Moscow’s military offensive against Kiev. He recalled a conversation with a head of state, whom he identified only as “a wise man,” a couple of months before the fighting began. “He told me that he was very concerned about the way NATO was acting. I asked him why, and he said, ‘They are barking at the gates of Russia, and they don't understand that the Russians are imperial and they will not allow any foreign power to approach them.’”[/color]

Francis also warned that after many of Ukraine's Western backers “opened their hearts” to the women and children fleeing the country in the early days of the conflict, support for its refugees is already “cooling down.” He added, “Who will take care of these women? We need to look beyond the concrete action of the moment and see how we will support them so that they don’t fall into human trafficking or end up being used, because the vultures are already circling.
[color=#990000]

Source: Rtnews

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala

1)Barking at russian door steps..
2) vultures.

These two things summarize the ideology of western countries.

Who are the vultures? Western countries. Human trafficking, sex trafficking, human parts trafficking, just name any callous acts. You will see it in NATO and allies.

Who ever that says the truth is termed pro Putin. Even inflation that is working in Russian favours is termed pro Putin. What else.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Appleyard(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
Teaser4:
Seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Front page

They will not push news like this to the frontpage but they take delight in pushing fake and unverified news by their paid cronies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by joyandfaith: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dvdpity:

Show me USA in 1479?.

Show me nigeria in 1621

18 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Diligent1(f): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
God forbid
Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by olu122: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
shocked
Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by sotall(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
undecided
Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by mytime24(f): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ww3 wey don start from naija since

6 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Faber(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
Mr. Pope what have you said about the Ethiopian conflict. What have you said about Buhari's jihad. Have you called out Buhari on his Islamisation agenda.

Francis is calling an Eastern European tribal war 3rd World war. How e take concern us...make all man settle their problems for their continents. Don't rope Africa in.

Racist Bergoglio from racist Argentina.

11 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by seunny4lif(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
England travel to Australia and America and Canada to grab land too
Don’t mind her.

Just Mexico announced that they will buy Russia COVID-19 vaccines alone in 2021, the USA started making threats on Mexico.

UK travelled over 4K KM away to fight Argentina over an Island that is close to Argentina.
British controlled over 10 Islands that are more than 2K KM away from UK land.
UK till now control over 20% of Irish land and killed hundreds of Irish in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

UK still land grabbing Spanish land called Gibraltar in Spain.

Where are the so called religious leaders when USA and NATO bombardment Libya, Syria, Iraq etc but now they want me to care for Ukraine because they are white people angry angry

67 Likes 12 Shares

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Stevenson20: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
Let the west fight their war. We have multiple wars going on in Africa which we need to focus on.

20 Likes

Re: World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis by Winters23: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Florida High School Shooting That Killed 17 And Injured 50 More / The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is / Teenager Who Beheaded French Teacher Gets Hero's Funeral, Street Named After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.