Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,571 members, 7,850,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

OFFICIAL: Darwin Nunez Signs For Liverpool - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OFFICIAL: Darwin Nunez Signs For Liverpool (267 Views)

Joe Riley Weds And Signs For New Club On The Same Day / Alexis Sanchez Signs For Manchester United / Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OFFICIAL: Darwin Nunez Signs For Liverpool by plethora007: 7:22am On Jun 15, 2022
Liverpool now have the striker they were looking for in the market. After negotiations and verbal agreements with Benfica, Darwin Nunez will play at Anfield from next season. The 22-year-old could become the club's record signing, with the fee rising to a potential £85m with add-ons.

In this way, Jurgen Klopp has already closed his front line for next season. With Luis Diaz having landed on his feet after his transfer from Porto and with an imperial Mohamed Salah returning to lead the team, the Merseyside outfit have completed their attacking partnership with the Uruguayan.

Nunez arrives at Anfield after two seasons in Portugal with Benfica, where he scored 48 goals from his 85 appearances in all competitions. The 22-year-old has also earned 11 senior caps for Uruguay to date, after making an international debut in October 2019.

Undoubtedly, he is one of the strikers with a promising future and the big teams in Europe have tried to sign him. However, it has been Liverpool who have acquired the services of the Uruguayan and rejuvenated their forward line.

“I’m really happy and delighted to be here at Liverpool. It’s a massive club,” Nunez told Liverpool media in his first interview.

“I’d like to thank my partner and my parents and my son, who is a real source of pride for me. They’ve been really important to me in the stages in my career. I’m really proud of them, and for the work we do, me and my partner, as a team and I’m grateful to her that I’m here.

Re: OFFICIAL: Darwin Nunez Signs For Liverpool by paulolee(m): 8:36am On Jun 15, 2022
so much noise about this dude...another average player getting lots of noise bcoz he Is in EPL...tanks to British media
Re: OFFICIAL: Darwin Nunez Signs For Liverpool by BlaqFaze: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2022
paulolee:
so much noise about this dude...another average player getting lots of noise bcoz he Is in EPL...tanks to British media
I swr...after Klopp don rubbish other teams for overspending, here we are... spending €100m on a player who had one good season
Re: OFFICIAL: Darwin Nunez Signs For Liverpool by ishola98: 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
Good player but the price though

The Rise of Darwin Nunez: Liverpool's New Club-record Signing
https://www.footballorbit.com/rise-darwin-nunez-liverpools-new-club-record-signing/#more

(1) (Reply)

Tenerife Vs Girona / Man United Shouldn’t Have Waited This Long To Offer A Contract -paul Pogba / Video Animation Beginners Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.