Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad (459 Views)

Alumni Releases The Photos Of The Event Where Senator A. Adeleke Was Inaugurated / James Ibori Used As Example At An Anti-bribery Course Overseas / JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad by FullBlastLight: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
The Lagos State Government has inaugurated an anti-okada squad to join the police in enforcing the partial ban on motorcycle taxis (okadas).

The ban which was announced on 18 May bars okadas from operating in six local government areas, all highways, major roads, and bridges.

The Commissioner for Transportation, Frederic Oladeinde,  said in a statement on Tuesday that the ban was in line with the Transport Sector Reform Law (TSRL) 2018.

He called on Lagosians to report anybody flouting the law.

“It is the responsibility of the public to report any nefarious activities of the squad to the Ministry of Transportation.

”The public can report through the following help/complaint lines: 09038208154, 09034810153, 09033090826, and 09169655855.

“Such reports will help the government generate feedback on strategies for the protection of lives and property.

“Individuals arrested will be made to face the full wrath of the law in line with the provision of Section 46, sub-section 1, 2 & 3 of the Transport Sector Reform Law (TSRL), 2018,” Oladeinde said.

The Commissioner restated that motorcycles impounded would be crushed, just like the state has been doing in the past weeks.

The Special Anti-Okada Squad will report to the police.

https://www.nigeriainfo.fm/lagos/news/homepagelagos/lagos-inaugurates-anti-okada-squad-to-work-with-police/

1 Like

Re: The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad by Gbengajans: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Smiles
Re: The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad by triple996(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Bt the days of okada riding is fast gone.
Abuja ban okada
Kano ban okada
Kaduna murdered okada grin
Now Lagos..... I no blame them Sha,
I hope there won't be tribal sentiment Sha.
Re: The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad by Rastafryrice: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
Maybe thiefnibu is tired of collecting revenue from okada riders
Re: The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad by Nerogaming01(m): 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Fast and furious mode activated.

I like chasing with vehicles ehn.. grin
Re: The Lagos State Government Has Inaugurated An Anti-okada Squad by Lanretoye(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
triple996:

Bt the days of okada riding is fast gone.
Abuja ban okada
Kano ban okada
Kaduna murdered okada grin
Now Lagos..... I no blame them Sha,
I hope there won't be tribal sentiment Sha.
lagos is banning okada,they are citing tribalism.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Senator Charged With Trying To Fly Child To UK To Harvest Organs / The Forgotten Legend (nnamdi Kanu ) / Tinubu Must Provide NYSC Certificate Or Exemption Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.