Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi (430 Views)

A Bride Campaigns For Labour Party's Peter Obi On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Only One Labour Party & Peter Obi Is The Candidate - NLC President, Ayuba Wabba / Moment Lawan, Ndume Shook Hands In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by 9jahotblog: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship – Governor Umahi

The governor of Ebonyi state, David Umahi, has said that his rejection of Labour Party in the state was done in the spirit of sportsmanship.

Governor Umahi spoke at a stakeholder meeting of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday, June 14.

Umahi stated that his decision was to emphasise his earlier position to support the winner of the APC presidential primary election, Bola Tinubu.

According to Leadership, this was disclosed in a statement signed by his special assistance on media and publicity, Francis Nweze.

The statement added that by all standards, the governor stressed his determination to keep with his earlier statement of supporting the ruling party’s standard bearer.

He said, It is pertinent to observe that if anyone wants the support and vote of Ebonyians, let such person switch to the APC, as Ebonyi State under the leadership of Governor David Umahi, is an APC state and as such, don’t play double standard, knowing that it is difficult and near impossible to be kissing and vomiting at the same time.”

The general public is encouraged to see it from the lens of obedience to the supremacy of the political party.

The insinuations in some quarters suggesting that the Ebonyi State Governor, Engr. David Umahi has specifically asked Ebonyi People not to vote for a particular candidate in the 2023 presidential election was not just twisted but was also misleading.

However, you would recall that while making his speech during the just concluded presidential primary at the Eagle Square, Abuja, Governor Umahi did promise to abide by the outcome of the election by supporting whoever eventually becomes the standard bearer of the party.”

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by otipoju(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Time will tell. Thhe fever is just starting. When the election campaigns start properly many more people will become OBIdient

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by Bibors(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
Umahi, If you are not OBIdient, you may loose a lot politically because power is shifting from your hands to the hands of the people.

Henceforth watch your every word as they matter going forward concerning your political relevance.

2 Likes

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by bjdon: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
This is how we always mess up in the souith. In 2015 not a single PDP northern governor dared to campaign for GEJ. They were scared their people would stone them. I hope this stupid governor will receive the same treatment

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by Conrod: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
And like your apc delegates who rejected you,....we (igbo youths) have wholeheartedly rejected you also in brotherlyness.

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by Ddeliverer007(m): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
Sportsmanship kill you there. Bloody gay!!!

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by Benki003(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why does this dude keep talking

Guilty conscience is killing him deep grin grin

He knows obi's gonna win

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by Kingkumsecond: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
Spirit of sportmanship kill you there!

i'm still suprise with how someone like Akpabio and the rest who i think will perform well quickly step down because of dollars and cowardness. Nigerian politicians still have a long way to go.

PETER OBI IS THE MAN

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by DMerciful(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
Umahi will lose las las
Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by Lorddominic(m): 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
"The general public is encouraged to see it from the lens of OBEDIENCE to the supremacy of the political party".

Let me re-echo what Umahi's spokesperson said...see it from the lens of Obidience....can a right thinking person kowatiate wat he meant by dat statement. I come in peace

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Labour Party, Peter Obi In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship–governor Umahi by mamaafrik(m): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
This one don craze

(1) (Reply)

Osun 2022 Election: What Are Your Predictions? / 2023: From Drug Lord To Presidency- David Hundeyin / APC Ti Lule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.