Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home (54929 Views)

Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo / Senator Shehu Sani's Resignation Letter To APC (FULL TRANSCRIPT) / Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by ijustdey: 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
Minority Leader to wait till Wednesday, APC loses 2 Senators to PDP

by Bode Gbadebo

There was a mild drama on the floor of the Senate on Wednesday as the Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (Abia South), was unable to formally defect to the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) for a technical reason.

The development was occasioned by the inability of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, to come with his defection and resignation letter to plenary.

Although an announcement to that effect was made by the Senate President, it was, however, agreed that Abaribe’s letter be formally read on the floor before his exit as Minority Leader, after a point of order was raised by Senator Gabriel Suswam.

In the same vein, two prominent members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senate Majority Leader, Yahaya Abdullahi, and Adamu Aliero, have officially defected to the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP).

On the other hand, the formal defection of Senators Yahaya Abdullahi and Adamu Aliero from Kebbi State, were conveyed in two separate letters addressed to the Senate President and read on the floor during plenary on Tuesday.

Both lawmakers represent Kebbi North and Kebbi Central Senatorial Districts, respectively.

The defection of the APC Senators brings the total number of PDP Senators to 39 from the previous 38, with the exclusion of Abaribe who is set to formally defect from the opposition party to APGA on Wednesday.

It also cuts down on the number of APC Senators from 71 to 69 in the upper chamber.

The Senate Leader, in his letter titled, “Defection From APC to PDP And Resignation As The Majority Leader Of The 9th Senate”, said his decision was informed by the democratic challenges and deficits faced by the APC in Kebbi State.

He explained that all attempts to remedy the situation through the intervention of North-West Zone Governors’ and the defunct Abdullahi Adamu-led National Reconciliation Committee failed.

The letter reads, “I write to inform you of the withdrawal of my membership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and consequently resign from my position as the Majority Leader of the 9th Senate.

“I came to this decision after a very hard struggle with my conscience and emotions. It is either to remain on the side of my people, or to selfishly look the other way. All politics is local. I cannot therefore in good Conscience, continue to work for the success of this administration at the centre while the people of my state, my primary constituency, continue wallow in abject poverty and destitution under the misrule and manipulation of a despot.

“I have therefore decided to pitch my tent with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in order to join forces with my compatriots at home who are struggling against incompetence, imposition and violation of democratic norms, principles and practices.

“The democratic challenges and deficits in my state, Kebbi State, did not just start from the last congresses, but right from July last year when the governor illegally decapitated the State Leadership of the Party, imposed unelected ward, Local government and State executives of the Party.

“This matter was brought to the attention of the caretaker Committee of the Party who failed to bring the Governor to order.

“Efforts by all well meaning individuals including Your Excellency, Mr. President, were equally spurned. The North-West Zone Governors’ entreaties were ignored. The defunct Abdullahi Adamu-led National Reconciliation Committee’s intervention to find amicable resolutions failed. All primarily due to the manipulative intransigence of the Governor.

“At a point I thought of resort to the courts, but decided against that course of action after realizing that political challenges require political solutions in the democratic arena where it is the people and not the judges who are the final arbiters.

“So, after having failed to get justice in my former Party, the APC, I have jumped ship to the PDP together with our teeming supporters in a struggle to democratically bring to an end the misrule and tyranny currently gripping Kebbi State.

“Mr. President, I appreciate and will continue to support your leadership. I cherish and remain eternally grateful to you and all my colleagues for the unconditional support and cooperation rendered to me in the last three golden years of our tenure.

“A tenure that witnessed unprecedented unity, productivity, sense of purpose and patriotism in the conduct of our legislative responsibilities. l also plead with any of my colleagues whom I have offended in the course of our interactions to please forgive me.

“While praying for Allah’s guidance and peaceful journey to the forthcoming elections, please accept the assurances of my highest respect and esteem.”

https://leadership.ng/drama-as-lawan-forgets-abaribes-resignation-letter-at-home/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
cool
Rubber Stamp with wrinkled toto face.

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Kelsmatuc(m): 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
We need true change in dis country

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Maxymilliano(m): 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2022
The development was occasioned by the inability of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, to come with his defection and resignation letter to plenary.
How would you expect the rubber stamp Senate President that is licking his wound to remember coming to plenary with something as worthless as a defection and resignation letter

98 Likes

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Baba is going through alot RN

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by lecowas: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Baba no dey return to the senate, e reach make e forget everything sef. cheesy

150 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Rastaramsey(m): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dumb ass old man grin grin grin

This is one of the reasons why Nigeria won't progress......

Being led by some old fools grin cheesy

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by solochris(m): 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
And some people are clamouring for another ancestor to continue ruling them. God no go allow am happen

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by adioolayi(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
Since Senator Lawan lost the Presidential primary and haven realised that the man he thought to be "holding" his presumed return ticket to Senate refused to give him the ticket...He has never remain the same grin grin grin grin grin

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Make dem call one Okada guy for am to carry am go house to and fro biko.......
No time..

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by iCauseTrouble: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Success77x: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
piggery.
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Realist12: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Not easy, this election period you all should be prepared to laugh out loud.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by merits(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Antoeni(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Question

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by whippersnapper(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
I guess he's still licking his wounds

4 Likes

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by pyyxxaro: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
Aboki is licking his wounds undecided

8 Likes

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
The man is still in shock. President e no get, senate e no get.

35 Likes

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Kooramaan(m): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
Interesting
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by akanbiaa(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Gkay1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
All dis old cargo wey full our government house naim dey worry dis kon3
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Honor10: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
Lawan is a confused man at the moment. grin grin

Tinubu kill him, INEC bury him

231 Likes

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Chimezie198(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
E no easy oo
Person wey loose presidential primary and won't still be returning to senate. He might even wear back of clothes go work one day sef..

Oga is still in shock

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by bonechamberlain(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
sad
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by IamWonderful: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
hjg
Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by BJanta: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
ijustdey:

Minority Leader to wait till Wednesday, APC loses 2 Senators to PDP

https://leadership.ng/drama-as-lawan-forgets-abaribes-resignation-letter-at-home/

And that was Buhari’s concensus candidate? Too much suya ,wine and karuwa .

9 Likes

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Aieboocaar(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
PTSD don set in grin grin grin
That baby politician wey hold em ticket really hold am for balls

I strongly recommend 2months intensive care therapy from Aproko Doctorgrin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by inoki247: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
lol the Presidential Primary election still dey torment him....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Just imagine and they call their selfs leaders,how will the country not go down?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Enenche Reacts To 2023 Elections (Video) / Guys Celebrate Buhari's Return By Drinking Water & Fanta From The Ground (Photos / Oba Of Benin Receives Bronze Head & Cockerel Returned From The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.