Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today (2300 Views)

New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today / Deeper Life Pastor, Tunde, Commits Suicide In Ogun After Being Duped / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by PRODUTIM1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
One of our drivers in our company told me this morning about someone he met yesterday. The person said he needed 100 crates of Malta Guinness can. I spoke on phone with this guy and he said I should bring the goods worth 430k to Poly Ibadan premises and that he was paying cash. I was very happy and quickly loaded it from our warehouse. My line manager insisted that he was following me in order to collect the cash and bring it to the office to sort some things. When we got to Poly Ibadan, one of the security directed us to the hall where we were expected to offload the goods. The guy I spoke with on phone later came. He said we should offload 80 crates and we are taking the remaining 20 to another location. We did so, but the manager called the guy that he should pay the money cos he came to collect the cash and leave. Then the funny moves started. He was like em em, am coming and he left. We waited for several hours until someone told us that if we have offloaded the goods and left to another location, we won't meet the goods again when we come back. He said they have used same style for his friend before. I called the guy several times till now his line was switched off.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2022
you should thank God

4 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by holluwizzy: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
U sharp and also thank ur God, else Ibadan don't joke with I no get money.

Trenches in Shoka.

4 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
God saved you, u for hear am

4 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Obyangel: 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
Happy escape, and do give away for us jare

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by budaatum: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
Just imagine if your manager had trusted you enough not to follow you. This thread might have been titled how do I find 430k to pay back my manager's money that I allowed to be stolen!

Sit down with your manager and the two of you work out how to not be duped because you will not always escape if you do business this way.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Mokason288(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Only Greedy people fall for scam

I know your story is incomplete. The scammer must have enticed you with small tips

I’m sure there are also company policy guiding and protecting staffs from cheap scam like this

5 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Lamasta(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Thank your manager if not you would have started paying debt you did not borrow

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by PRODUTIM1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Mokason288:
In this scenario, how do greediness comes in? As a sales rep, someone calls you early in the morning for supply, what do you do?

6 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by remsonik(f): 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2022
That's good, dubious people are allover the world nowadays. Any location you want to do your business be careful and make sure you watch the people you do business with. Someone has bought goods from me and I delivered to her out of trust and till date I haven't seen her payment
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Neddstark: 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
Sometimes to avoid being scammed, try and play difficult. If your manager agreed to the scammer, sorry would have been your name.

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by CheedyJ(m): 12:16am On Jun 16, 2022
I'm just imagining how you'd av explained to ur manager had u been duped ...akoba adaba ..thanks for sharing..

4 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Mokason288(m): 2:20am On Jun 16, 2022
PRODUTIM1:
In this scenario, how do greediness comes in? As a sales rep, someone calls you early in the morning for supply, what do you do?
You follow company policy
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Authoreety: 4:13am On Jun 16, 2022
Shine ur eyes o...
Meanwhile if u are a scammer, also have it at the back of ur mind that the evil that men do lives with them and after them...

A word is enough

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 16, 2022
Couldn't he have paid before delivery? In part atleast

Does the company policy allow that?

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by LongBig(m): 5:54am On Jun 16, 2022
Same tactics was used on my friend, same procedure! Same poly Ibadan but unfortunately he wasn’t as lucky as you! But I know so well their doomsday is fast approaching
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by PRODUTIM1(m): 7:02am On Jun 16, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Couldn't he have paid before delivery? In part atleast

Does the company policy allow that?
Sales is so dull this days. Once someone calls you for a supply as huge as that and it is a cash, my brother that is answered prayers For a day target

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Maxymilliano(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2022
Hmmm ... Imagine losing such amount to cheap scam in this Buhari time
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by allen113: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2022
Lucky u brother, and try to interrogate the driver that introduced you to the person they may be working together undecided

Just my opinion though.

PRODUTIM1:
The driver called his number severally he didn't pick. Am not sure that old man knew anything about it

Ok
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by nawa4naija(m): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2022
See Format

Tinubu brothers

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by Ixodes(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2022
You get luck...
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by kollinskollins(m): 8:27am On Jun 16, 2022
Thank God cos nah police case you for enter with tears. Whatsapp me on .0.9.0.3.5.2.7.70.44 for your graphic designs on fliers and logo.
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by irunoko(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Ibadan is similar to Lagos in a lot of ways especially when it has to do with scamming.shine your eyes o
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by PRODUTIM1(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2022
allen113:
Lucky u brother, and try to interrogate the driver that introduced you to the person they may be working together undecided

Just my opinion though.
The driver called his number severally he didn't pick. Am not sure that old man knew anything about it
Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by emmanok24(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mokason288:

I know your story is incomplete. The scammer must have enticed you with small tips

I’m sure there are also company policy guiding and protecting staffs from cheap scam like this

You got it wrong this time Sir.

Salesmen have targets to be met and are always happy when they meet customers who will do large quantities of their products in order to meet their target that qualifies them for their incentives and in some cases salaries.

He is not greedy! He is a salesman who is remunerated based on the volume of his sales.

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today by budaatum: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
PRODUTIM1:
Sales is so dull this days. Once someone calls you for a supply as huge as that and it is a cash, my brother that is answered prayers For a day target

But it was not cash!

Abi PRODUTIM1, did you see any cash?

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Thief Who Steals Car Parts With A Hummer 2 SUV Caught / Happening Now: Kidnappers Caught In Ibadan / Graphic Images Of A Man Almost Lynched By Mobs For Sleeping With A Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.