Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data (794 Views)

Some Great Lessons Learnt In Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Opposition Favored To Win Nigeria Presidential Election Feb 16, 2019- Casaonline / Abuja Tremor: Earthquake Now A Potential Hazard In Nigeria - Presidential Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data by ludot(m): 10:55am On Jun 16, 2022
I looked at search interest data from Google Trends for Nigeria Presidential candidates from 2011 to 2019 and found out that whoever had the highest average search interest in the 12 months preceding an election went on to win the election.

Below are charts from Google Trends showing search interest trend for past candidates over 12 months up to election date – and also the average for each candidate in that period.

Who will win 2023 Presidential Election?

If the election had been held on June 11, 2022, I would have given the victory to Bola Tinubu and that is due to the correlation I noticed between the candidate that had the highest average interest in the 12 months up to election date and the eventual winner of the election.

As they say one week is a long time in politics – not to mention months. If come election day, February 25, 2023 and he is still in the lead as per average search interest – it will be interesting to see who the eventual winner is. I created https://nigeriapresidentialcandidates.com/nigeria-presidential-candidates-2023-popularity/ page where I can track the candidates Google search interest leading up to election to see if ‘historical data’ would repeat itself.

Come 2023, it will be interesting to see if Google Search Interest will translate to vote intents and determine the eventual winner. See the analysis in full here https://nigeriapresidentialcandidates.com/whoever-wins-google-search-interest-wins-nigeria-presidential-elections-2023/

Re: Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data by Adeling(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Google trend isnt that good that's why real SEO experts don't bank on it.

Can you imagine peter obi not trending in almost all states and scoring very low in major states that have shown huuge support for him.

Re: Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data by ludot(m): 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Adeling:

Can you imagine peter obi not trending in almost all states and scoring very low in major states that have shown huuge support for him.

No worries haha. Your man has shown up..., in Enugu.

I actually think he will catch up - it is still early days. As the campaign goes on let's see how the numbers move.

https://nigeriapresidentialcandidates.com/nigeria-presidential-candidates-2023-popularity/

Re: Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Adeling:

Lol....I thought obi was even winning online
Re: Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
WesternOligarch:

Lol....I thought obi was even winning online
Peter Obi for you
Peter Obi for me
Peter Obi for everyone.
vote Peter Obi for a better tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Win Nigeria Presidential Election According To Google Search Data by fjjc(m): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
Op page 1please

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!! See The Republics Emerging From Nigeria Very Soon!!! / Pictures Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Governorship Campaign In Okuku, Odo-otin LG / Next Year Presidential Election, TINUBU WINS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.