Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) (55071 Views)

Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning / Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki / PDP Primary: Tambuwal Finally Speaks On Loss To Atiku, Reveals Next Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Willie2015: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Wike that has a candidate for Governorship election in Rivers, he has no choice than to work for PDP.

Relax..
Wike is a street smart..
Vote for PDP in gov election..
And let the boyz in the street work for APC in presidential election..
An ally in centre is a good move for Wike...
While he is still a Godfather in Rivers...
Moreover, politics is all about interest..
Payback time is here...
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by naija4life247: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
espn:
Baba chop Wike eye...

Weak men like Atiku are always afraid of strong men like Wike the wicked one. My Nigga for life.

The road is becoming clearer for Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Zelenskyy(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
erico2k2:

This is where he failed, Okowa cannot even win a LGA if left alone. Ibori put Okowa there

Wrong ...... Wrong....

Are you a Deltan ? If yes then you should know better...

Okowa was a Former LGA Chairman before 1999.... Where was Ibori then ?

When Ibori contested for Governor in 1999, Okowa was among the Grassroots Politicians that Ibori relied on to canvass massive Grassroots votes for him in the Delta North.

(That Election Produced James Ibori and Benjamin Elue)

Okowa remained a key figure in the inner circle of the Ibori Political Dynasty because of his ability to galvanize grassroots votes.

Okowa won his Senatorial Election compromising several LGA ...... Remember that

When it was time to reward his efforts in the PDP and in the Ibori Political Dynasty, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan brought an outsider...

There was chaos in the Dynasty and Ibori was contacted and informed about his brother's decision.

Ibori rejected the Outsider while still in Jail in the United kingdom and stated clearly that Okowa must be chosen.

There was a brief split between the two brothers (Ibori and Uduaghan) because of this matter.....

Okowa finally emerged as flag bearer and fences were mended and he Succeeded
Uduaghan.

Yes there is a current political Fiasco about the emergence of Sheriff as PDP Governorship flag bearer but the Ibori Political Dynasty have concluded to stand as one and retain the state as a PDP state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by MartinsD12(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-atiku-reveals-major-reason-for-picking-okowa-over-wike/
grin atiku is afraid of wike planning a military coup d'etat against him , wike is a tough politician anytime any day but I just don't like the fact that he is selfish talks down on other people remember before the PDP convention he was busy attacking atiku and saraki that they left PDP and now back to reap where they didn't sow , yes he is tough he gave atiku a run for his money if not for tambulwa, atiku could not have won pdp ticket, but then okowa is still under ibori ooo still a learner sha and finally the coast is clear for obi to take on south east and south south period

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Thanos5555: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
salbis:
Las las 2023 go surprise many people. We just dey observe.
yes now, peter obi go just win like 50 million votes like this, youths population is like 50 million, so automatically 50 million votes, PDP and APC go shock abi.

lolllll, una better go sleep, obidience people are just too violent and behaving politically dumb
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by paradigmshift(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
That's one thing with Muslims... LOYALTY.
Atiku promised okowa Vpship if he supported him during the primaries...that's why okowa was even the one that lobbied other SS governors to support Atiku.
It would've been a shot in the foot... should Atiku had picked the loud mouthed cretin of a thug called Wike undecided
wike can win elections, forget the gragra behavior, that guy na machine.. okowa na failure
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Searchingvictor: 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
RPG2020:

Was the guarantee?
Can I chat you up. I'll provide a guarantor
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by jojothaiv(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Abujason:

He will choose co-thief Ganduje
Let keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by RPG2020(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Can I chat you up. I'll provide a guarantor

Inbox me
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Willie2015:

Relax..
Wike is a street smart..
Vote for PDP in gov election..
And let the boyz in the street work for APC in presidential election..
An ally in centre is a good move for Wike...
While he is still a Godfather in Rivers...
Moreover, politics is all about interest..
Payback time is here...
Presidential election comes before Governorship, it would have worked if it was the other way round.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by ZaddyJ: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Two02:
undecided
I think I understand Atiku's choice of choosing Okowa over Wike. Okowa seems to be a very calm Man and the Fact that Okowa Is Igbo and from the south south is one of the factors Atiku thought of when choosing him as his vice. He needs someone who can sell well in the south south and satisfy the ethnic sentimentality of the south east.

The only problem I see with his choice is the ability of Okowa to sell Atiku's candidacy to the grassroots. I don't know much about Okowa credibility in the grassroots but the masses of the the south south and southeast will determine who wins this election. Atiku's Popularity has really nosedived in the south since Obi's departure and he needs a vice president who can revamp his popularity

The North and Southwest are locked zones for the aspirants of the two flag bearers 9f the two major political parties. So the winner of the election would be determined by the south south and the southeast, but Any winner would be win with a very small margin. This election is too competitive

The reason is not far fetched......here's why because of Niger delta oil . At least the moment goodluck Jonathan was chosen as the VP to yaradua the unrest in that region ceased . This is just a way of saying to the Niger delta people I am choosing your own again so vote for me. So the looting and stealing of our national treasury can continue again shocked
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by buckeyemedia: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:
ZERO, dumb decision.
Thank to Atiku,
Bola Hamed Tinubu is the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Delta State forever number one, anything we touch is sure banker.

Atiku/Okowa carry go.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Searchingvictor: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
RPG2020:

Inbox me

Email sent
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by buckeyemedia: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
ZaddyJ:

The reason is not far fetched......here's why because of Niger delta oil . At least the moment goodluck Jonathan was chosen as the VP to yaradua the unrest in that region ceased . This is just a way of saying to the Niger delta people I am choosing your own again so vote for me. So the looting and stealing of our national treasury can continue again shocked
Whose fault is it, that the East of Nigeria is irrelevant & can’t assist?
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by SenatePresdo(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
Patriotic9ja:
Wike is too loud for a Vice and has much ambition like Atiku himself. Atiku is afraid of picking someone like him. But the truth is, Wike has more political weight than Okowa and will increase PDP' chances of winning. Atiku+Okowa will be an easy ride for even only Tinubu sef

Aside from South West, Which zones is Tinubu hoping to win over Atiku, Peter Obi and Kwankwaso?

Or do you think only SW would get him to win?
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Johnrake69: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2022
PDP just started failing. Okowa is not going anywhere. I'm from Delta. Instead of Okowa to become VP I go vote Tinubu.

Okowa that betrayed Southerners. And have borrowed over #180Billion in 3months. Money future generations of Deltans will pay back with nothing to show for it
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by buckeyemedia: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
Johnrake69:
PDP just started failing. Okowa is not going anywhere. I'm from Delta. Instead of Okowa to become VP I go vote Tinubu.

Okowa that betrayed Southerners. And have borrowed over #180Billion in 3months. Money future generations of Deltans will pay back with nothing to show for it
You are on your own, The Devil you know, is the better than the angel in the dark, I support Atiku/Okowa any day.

By this time next month, you will be singing a different tune.

Go & ask Endurance Ojokolo, Delta State no dey carry last.

I am not a fan of Ifeanyi Okowa, but you have to play with the cards that were dealt to you.

Ace of spades, ace of clubs & 10 of hearts palm, na sure banker.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by TYCO77: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-atiku-reveals-major-reason-for-picking-okowa-over-wike/

Love him or despise him, believe me or not, Wike would have been the game changer.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by DrGeoAngel: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
erico2k2:

This is where he failed, Okowa cannot even win a LGA if left alone. Ibori put Okowa there

Must you expose your ignorance?

Okowa defeated the wife of the then National Chairman of PDP to get senatorial ticket of PDP while Ibori was in Jail.

Okowa went against Ibori to annoint his successor.

You are not a Delta, Simple
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Zinpat: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
UselessBuharist:
Y’all will fail, not even the evil broom party will survive Peter Obi Tsunami

no be small tsunami...
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by buckeyemedia: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
erico2k2:

You must be from Taraba State?
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by AreaFada2: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
erico2k2:

Wike is a Lawyer and lawyers are more vibrant than doctors when it comes to politics, and as it seems, we are talking politics.

The guy you quoted is unaware that politics is law really. He doesn't know why parliamentarians make law. In Westminster system practiced by UK, Canada, NZ, Ireland, Australia, etc, the PM/Head of government is a lawmaker/parliamentarian too. Nobody is better prepared for politics naturally as a lawyer who is used to convincing a highly learned judge with his argument.

A medic is a scientist whose remit and mindset is about diligence and scientific truth. The lawyer can apply falsehood or at least cast doubt on something that is actually true if it serves his client's cause (in criminal and civil cases for example) and that's akin to politics.

Moreover in 9ja rofo rofo politics with shiploads of agberos that will fan out from Lagos across the country during election, Atiku needed a craze person like Wike to mix it up during next election. I don't think Okowa's redcap will convince SE to ditch Labour/Obi.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by SpecialEdition: 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
South East voted PDP and PDP betrayed them. Wike held PDP together and Atiku came and scattered everything. Let's watch how long Wike will hold his peace.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by coputa(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Joezinho:
Smh. Okowa of all people?
Atiku just made a mistake.An outspoken traitor is better than a quiet one.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by frog12: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
he said the person must have president qualities. he yab wike no be small grin
but okowa has not achieved significant progress as governor
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by Allisgud: 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
TundeEdnut35:
Alaye, keep shut you don't know politics
oluku
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by ComeToJesus: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
Two02:
undecided
I think I understand Atiku's choice of choosing Okowa over Wike. Okowa seems to be a very calm Man and the Fact that Okowa Is Igbo and from the south south is one of the factors Atiku thought of when choosing him as his vice. He needs someone who can sell well in the south south and satisfy the ethnic sentimentality of the south east.

The only problem I see with his choice is the ability of Okowa to sell Atiku's candidacy to the grassroots. I don't know much about Okowa credibility in the grassroots but the masses of the the south south and southeast will determine who wins this election. Atiku's Popularity has really nosedived in the south since Obi's departure and he needs a vice president who can revamp his popularity

The North and Southwest are locked zones for the aspirants of the two flag bearers 9f the two major political parties. So the winner of the election would be determined by the south south and the southeast, but Any winner would be win with a very small margin. This election is too competitive

Beautiful analysis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by frog12: 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
hahahhhh

HandsomeHITLER:
He probably should have picked Wike, this Okowa is quite a bit of a slowpoke.
Atiku probably wants someone who would not question him... Someone who's less ambitious who won't covet his seat while he travels the world. grin grin
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by frog12: 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
hahhahahah

VIKTO83:
So in all the qualities Atiku listed Wike never met any of the qualities.
Chai!! Wike had been scammed.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by ABANGWABOI(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
Na when I see who tinubu choose before I go analyze who fit win..

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by deeva2: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Help2020:
Everything is working in favour of Obi. Now south east is done and dusted for Obi. South west 50% votes,north 20%.
Atiku,tinubi and kwakwaso can share the remaining

Dreamer...The election go surprise you.
Re: Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) by AreaFada2: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
ZaddyJ:

It's not so easy o. GEJ was to placate Ijaw, the main tribe in MEND and volunteer force, etc. If it was an Urhobo person in Delta, I will understand. There is Oil producing State and there are oil producing areas in a state, they are different, especially in states with clear tribal lines.

The calculation I believe is to use Igboid-leaning Okowa to placate SE while also pleasing SS. At the end it could turn out that Okowo is neither Igbo nor SS enough in the eyes of people. Atiku should have been bold enough to pick an Igbo/SE person or Udom Emanuel (from a major oil producing state) if he feels that Wike is too controversial. If Atiku cannot do very well in NE and NW, he will lose the election.

Tinubu now has about 60% chance of winning. This could rise to 70% depending on his VP choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Atiku Reacts To Fayose's Distress. Nigerians React / Yemi Osinbajo Booed In A Market Where He Went For Trader Moni / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.