Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP (575 Views)

Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate / Running Mates: APC Defers To Tinubu, Wike May Emerge As Atiku’s VP / Peter Obi As Atiku's VP: Southeast PDP Leaders Meet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
When I first said that wike would make a good southern vice president many people thought I was saying it because I hated PDP and wanted them to fail..... I don't love or hate any party I only support candidates who would represent the regional interest of the south on a federal level. Atiku's choice of Okowa against wike clearly isn't in the interest of the south but simply to pick a docile weak Southerner who can be sold to the south south and used to placate the south east. Atiku knows that wike would not be a push around in Aso Rock and Atiku also once being a rebellious VP himself knows what a wike VP might be for him. But when it's time for a southern presidential candidate to present a northern running mate, we always see the opposite scenario play out. Okowa will end up being another osinbanjo or at best another Jonathan while the north and south power dynamics remain the same. It's a pity
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by iCheckm8: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
I'm going to the next townhall meeting to see maxi from yesterday and forwarded to marketing department
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Honlucas: 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
WesternOligarch:
When I first said that wike would make a good southern vice president many people thought I was saying it because I hated PDP and wanted them to fail..... I don't love or hate any party I only support candidates who would represent the regional interest of the south on a federal level. Atiku's choice of Okowa against wike clearly isn't in the interest of the south but simply to pick a docile weak Southerner who can be sold to the south south and used to placate the south east. Atiku knows that wike would not be a push around in Aso Rock and Atiku also once being a rebellious VP himself knows what a wike VP might be for him. But when it's time for a southern presidential candidate to present a northern running mate, we always see the opposite scenario play out. Okowa will end up being another osinbanjo or at best another Jonathan while the north and south power dynamics remain the same. It's a pity
Many folks have not read the newly signed Electoral ACT

HIGHLIGHTS

1 . PDP has not told their supporters that ACCORDING to the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, having done 2 two terms as VP perviously. They put this there because they thought they were getting Goodluck Jonathan as a Presidential candidate. Talk about writing laws for selfish reasons right ��
2. The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. *So all the talk about Mr.Peter Obi going back to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone..they can only form alliances for voters to vote in one of the candidates.
3. The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other position in the same year.. So the FANTASY of Nyesom Wike, Ameachi, or Yahaya Bello, Becomimg VICE PRESIDENT during this election circle is DEAD ON ARRIVAL, cos they can't aspire for President, participate in the Primaries and then expect to be named VP in the same electoral year or electoral circle. THE LAW says NO
4 RECALL the scenerio that made Atiku a VP, well it cannot happen again, whereas he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo to be his Vice President. The new Law says NO.
GET to know the NEW rules of the game! Go and read and understand the NEW Electoral Laws

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Ofodirinwa: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wike
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by BSdetective: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Wike's stance on anti-grazing and the VAT issue made me one of his supporters, unfortunately most folks in the south couldn't see the strong leader in wike that some of us saw.
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Oplomo: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Most you turncoats and Tinubu urchins hated wike when he was beheading APC thugs in Rivers state in 2015-2019.
You even named him Wicked Wike.

Fast forward to 2020, he killed a few Igbos in Obigbo and declared himself non-Igbo on National TV. He became your darling. Funny people. grin

You monkeys know he has huge baggage is not very liked outside his enclave. Atiku denied you the opportunity to use 'Wike destroyed mosques' and 'Wike killed Igbos' as thievnubu's campaign. That's why are lamenting. grin

I thank Atiku for taking my advise, I just discovered Atiku's handle here on NL.. grin

14 Likes

Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Felimax(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
You are entitled to your opinion.
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by kelvinginzie: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
Honlucas:

HIGHLIGHTS

1 . PDP has not told their supporters that ACCORDING to the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, having done 2 two terms as VP perviously. They put this there because they thought they were getting Goodluck Jonathan as a Presidential candidate. Talk about writing laws for selfish reasons right ��
2. The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. *So all the talk about Mr.Peter Obi going back to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone..they can only form alliances for voters to vote in one of the candidates.
3. The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other position in the same year.. So the FANTASY of Nyesom Wike, Ameachi, or Yahaya Bello, Becomimg VICE PRESIDENT during this election circle is DEAD ON ARRIVAL, cos they can't aspire for President, participate in the Primaries and then expect to be named VP in the same electoral year or electoral circle. THE LAW says NO
4 RECALL the scenerio that made Atiku a VP, well it cannot happen again, whereas he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo to be his Vice President. The new Law says NO.
GET to know the NEW rules of the game! Go and read and understand the NEW Electoral Laws

But Bauchi governor contested in the presidential and is now contesting for 2nd term gov

1 Like

Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
kelvinginzie:

But Bauchi governor contested in the presidential and is now contesting for 2nd term gov
Same party
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
Oplomo:
Most you turncoats and Tinubu urchins hated wike when he was beheading APC thugs in Rivers state in 2015-2019.
You even named him Wicked Wike.

Fast forward to 2020, he killed a few Igbos in Obigbo and declared himself non-Igbo on National TV. He became your darling. Funny people. grin

You monkeys know he has huge baggage is not very liked outside his enclave. Atiku denied you the opportunity to use 'Wike destroyed mosques' and 'Wike killed Igbos' as thievnubu's campaign. That's why are lamenting. grin

I thank Atiku for taking my advise, I just discovered Atiku's handle here on NL.. grin

You sound delusional.....read where I said that I don't support party but candidates. Am not an APC member or supporter but I support a tinubu presidency despite his mistake of bringing buhari and either you believe it or not; my family were big supporters of Jonathan in 2015. I like wike because of his loyalty and unwavering support of Jonathan even after he lost re-election, and whatever happened in Obigbo either you igbos see it as good or bad stopped his state from becoming a playground for IPOB, ESN and DSS Ops were sit at home is declared and politicians heads are beheaded. The problem with some of you igbos is that you think everything is about you and your emotional feelings, funny enough I remember how you guys celebrated him in the south east until he put IPOB in check.... according to you am supporting wike because I think he hates igbos or has some baggage like you're saying. Enjoy your "Igbo identifying" Okowa.
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Oplomo: 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
WesternOligarch:

You sound delusional.....read where I said that I don't support party but candidates. Am not an APC member or supporter but I support a tinubu presidency despite his mistake of bringing buhari and either you believe it or not; my family were big supporters of Jonathan in 2015. I like wike because of his loyalty and unwavering support of Jonathan even after he lost re-election, and whatever happened in Obigbo either you igbos see it as good or bad stopped his state from becoming a playground for IPOB, ESN and DSS Ops were sit at home is declared and politicians heads are beheaded. The problem with some of you igbos is that you think everything is about you and your emotional feelings, funny enough I remember how you guys celebrated him in the south east until he put IPOB in check.... according to you am supporting wike because I think he hates igbos or has some baggage like you're saying. Enjoy your "Igbo identifying" Okowa.

Wike made himself an orphan, we don't know him, therefore we can't conceed to him. Rather we'll conceed to Ifeanyi.

Ethicity plays a big role in dynamics of the nigerian polity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by kelvinginzie: 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same party

Is wike not in Pdp.
Why did he say under the new electoral act wike can't be vp
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by 3ple9iner: 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
Honlucas:

HIGHLIGHTS

Thanks for this.

I am sure person like Ahmed Lawan would be regretting the passage of the electoral law.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
Oplomo:

Wike made himself an orphan, we don't know him, therefore we can't conceed to him. Rather we'll conceed to Ifeanyi.

Ethicity plays a big role in dynamic of the nigerian polity.

Lol....wike made himself an orphan because his stopped a crisis in his state and didn't play to political correctness.
Ethicity plays a big role but Obasanjo was a Yoruba president but didn't represent and wasn't able to push the interest of Yorubas or the south at the federal level. It's one thing to have someone from your ethnic group in Aso Rock it's another thing for him to push the interest of your region there.
Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Oplomo: 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
WesternOligarch:

Lol....wike made himself an orphan because his stopped a crisis in his state and didn't play to political correctness.
Ethicity plays a big role but Obasanjo was a Yoruba president but didn't represent and wasn't able to push the interest of Yorubas or the south at the federal level. It's one thing to have someone from your ethnic group in Aso Rock it's another thing for him to push the interest of your region there.

IPOB has strong cells in Asaba which is a walking distance to Onitsha, did you see Okowa arresting every Igbo man and killing them in Delta.
Did you read the diplomatic and well worded statement he released when the sit-at-home extended to Asaba? Did he resolve the matter with gra-gra?

Wike should go for internship at Asaba government house and learn diplomatic politics from Ifeanyi. Because gra-gra, cultism and money have been working for him, doesn't mean it would work forever.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion Of Okowa As Atiku's VP by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Oplomo:

IPOB has strong cells in Asaba which is a walking distance to Onitsha, did you see Okowa arresting every Igbo man and killing them in Delta.
Did you read the diplomatic and well worded statement he released when the sit-at-home extended to Asaba? Did he resolve the matter with gra-gra?

Wike should go for internship at Asaba government house and learn diplomatic politics from Ifeanyi. Because he gra-gra, cultism and money have been working for him, doesn't mean it would forever.

We're seeing how the diplomacy is playing out....
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/tension-as-ipob-moves-to-enforce-sit-at-home-order-in-asaba/amp/

Same diplomatic politics played by south east politicians.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Receive Any Stipend From The Abacha Loot Disbursement? / The Popular "Crazy Bishop" that was invited to APC Vice Presidential Unveiling / Ebubeagu Killings: Gov Hope Uzodinma Fingered As NBC Shuts Imo Radio Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.