Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Have To Pay My Rapist Child Support:’ Victim Speaks Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have To Pay My Rapist Child Support:’ Victim Speaks Out (534 Views)

Nigerian Claims Ownership Of 24 Kids, Gets €22k Monthly Child Support From Germa / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? / "RIP To My Useless Father" - Corper Victor Bills Speaks Out Finally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have To Pay My Rapist Child Support:’ Victim Speaks Out by MadamExcellency: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
Earlier this year, a Louisiana woman says, the man she accuses of raping her was given full custody of her daughter. A judge then reportedly ordered her to pay the man child support.

Crysta Abelseth says she met John Barnes, the man who allegedly raped her, at a bar in Louisiana on Dec. 15, 2005. She was only 16, and he was 30.

“When my daughter was 5 years old, he found out about her, and once he found out about her, he pursued custody and wanted to take her away from me,” Abelseth told WBRZ News.

Today, her daughter is 16, and a DNA test proves that Barnes is the father, according to court records obtained by WBRZ.

“Back when I filed the charges (of rape against Barnes), I was told that it would be handled with care and that they would take the proper steps,” Abelseth said during an appearance Wednesday night on NewsNation’s “Banfield.”

However, Abelseth claims that she still can’t get any answers.

“I gave them witness phone numbers and everything they asked me for. No one has contacted me. I’ve made multiple phone calls to the detectives. I’ve sent emails asking for the status of the case. No response,” Abelseth said.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/banfield/i-have-to-pay-my-rapist-child-support-victim-speaks-out/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What I'm Going Through After Coming Back From An Interview / House Clearance Sales / Can Another Man Buy Valentine Gifts For Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.