Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

"Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" (572 Views)

"Is The Watchtower Organisation A Trustworthy Interpreter Of Scripture?" / Otem Sapiens: A Historical Account Of The Saviour Of The World From Mind Slavery / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
"Is the Bible trustworthy as a historical document?"

Discover why the Bible is very trustworthy as a historical document here

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Overtrustworthy sir. It's the living book.

2 Likes

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by AntiChristian: 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Not trustworthy at all!

It contains the word of God, Angels, Prophets, wise men, Historian, Disciples, fools, etc.

1 Like

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by Maynman: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Bible simply means collection of books. Which books inside are you talking about?
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2022
Following! smiley

1 Like

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by xproducer: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
Read, research and see if any prophecy contained in the inerrant word of GOD has failed... the Word of GOD never fails!

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" - 2 Timothy 3:16

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." - Isaiah 46:9-11

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." - Matthew 5:18

"Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." - Luke 21:33
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by cornelboy(f): 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
Not trustworthy at all!
It contains the word of God, Angels, Prophets, wise men, Historian, Disciples, fools, etc.
The Bible no be Koran mate.

*There are conflicting views on who takes the souls at death.*

Sura 32:11 reads "Say: *THE Angel of Death*, put in charge over you, will (duly) take your souls. Then shall ye be brought back to your Lord", i.e. on specific angel is in view.

Sura 47:27 says "But how (will it be) when *THE angels* take their souls at death?", which again presupposes their specific identity and a greater number than one.

But then Sura 39:42 doesn't speak of angels anymore at all: "It is *Allah* that takes the souls (of men) at death."

You guys sure say na a all wise God wrote the Qur'an? No a clown cheesy cheesy

Instead of you guys to figure out the errors and contradictions in your book first. Your here arguing about the Bible?
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by cornelboy(f): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
*What will be the food for the people in Hell?*

No food will there be for them but a bitter Dhari S. 88:6 Y. Ali

Nor hath he any food except the foul pus from the washing of wounds, S. 69:36 Y. Ali

Obviously, both kinds of ‘food’ are chosen to evoke a feeling of horror when thinking about Hell. However, the contradiction is in the double claim that this or that will be the only food, i.e.

No food except Dhari (88:6).
No food except foul pus (69:36).

There is yet another passage that is relevant to this discussion:

Is that the better entertainment or the Tree of Zaqqum?
For We have truly made it (as) a trial for the wrong-doers.
For it is a tree that springs out of the bottom of Hell-Fire:
The shoots of its fruit-stalks are like the heads of devils:
Truly they will eat thereof and fill their bellies therewith.
Then on top of that they will be given a mixture made of boiling water.
Then shall their return be to the (Blazing) Fire. S. 37:62-68 Y. Ali; cf. 56:52

So which food exactly are people going to eat in hell?
Is the Qur'an free of discrepancies?
Mohammed is fraud.
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by AntiChristian: 6:22am On Jun 18, 2022
cornelboy:

The Bible no be Koran mate.

*There are conflicting views on who takes the souls at death.*

Sura 32:11 reads "Say: *THE Angel of Death*, put in charge over you, will (duly) take your souls. Then shall ye be brought back to your Lord", i.e. on specific angel is in view.

Sura 47:27 says "But how (will it be) when *THE angels* take their souls at death?", which again presupposes their specific identity and a greater number than one.

But then Sura 39:42 doesn't speak of angels anymore at all: "It is *Allah* that takes the souls (of men) at death."

You guys sure say na a all wise God wrote the Qur'an? No a clown cheesy cheesy

Instead of you guys to figure out the errors and contradictions in your book first. Your here arguing about the Bible?

It's understandable to us and not to you.

The Angel of death has many other assistant. And Allah is their Lord. They only take the life Allah tells them to take.

I don't know how you can't understand this.
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:08am On Jun 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

The Angel of death has many other assistant. And Allah is their Lord. They only take the life Allah tells them to take.

If you believe it's only you that understands your book why not apply the same logic to the book belonging to others? cheesy
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If you believe it's only you that understands your book why not apply the same logic to the book belonging to others? cheesy

Which others are you talking about? Do you interpret the Bible same way as other Christians?

And only people with a valid IQ will understand the Qur'an not JW with a prejudiced heart.
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:51am On Jun 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which others are you talking about? Do you interpret the Bible same way as other Christians?
And only people with a valid IQ will understand the Qur'an not JW with a prejudiced heart.

Keep deceiving yourself! cheesy
There are different versions of the Qu'ran out there and sects of different kind claiming Muslims. At least i can remember one Muslim on this same forum denying you as one of his brothers in your faith.
So if you want to correct anything i think you should first clean the mess in Islam causing Sunnis and Shiites fighting against themselves after all they're all adherents of your Qu'ran! Matthew 7:1-5 wink

1 Like

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by AntiChristian: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep deceiving yourself! cheesy
There are different versions of the Qu'ran out there and sects of different kind claiming Muslims.
What versions of Qur'an did you read when you were a Muslim?

At least i can remember one Muslim on this same forum denying you as one of his brothers in your faith.
Just as other Christians don't believe JW to be Christians!

So if you want to correct anything i think you should first clean the mess in Islam causing Sunnis and Shiites fighting against themselves after all they're all adherents of your Qu'ran! Matthew 7:1-5 wink
Why not face the thousands of Christian denominations that are calling you a cult!
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

What versions of Qur'an did you read when you were a Muslim?
Just as other Christians don't believe JW to be Christians!
Why not face the thousands of Christian denominations that are calling you a cult!

Good!
Now take your own advice, i don't discuss with Muslims about their faith because i have left your religion for good. But as for those claiming CHRISTIANS i have a duty to chat with them based on what Jesus taught.
So we're back to where we started:

AntiChristian:

You shouldn't be arguing with people who have their own book rather stick to those using your own book yet discriminating among themselves! wink

1 Like

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Discover why the Bible is very trustworthy as a historical document

Many people do not believe that the Bible is a reliable document of history. But, the fact is the Bible is very trustworthy as a historical document. If we were to look at a chart that compared the biblical documents with other ancient documents, we would see that the Bible is in a class by itself regarding the number of ancient copies and their reliability. Please consider the chart below.

here
Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by Maynman: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ignorance is not bliss.
Bible means books.

Are you talking about the Judaism Bible or the Christian Bible or which Bible? cheesy

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

"Can we trust the New Testament as a historical document?"

Many people do not believe that the Bible is a reliable document of history. See why it is reliable at http://ow.ly/rkJL50Ku2ky

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

"Can we trust the New Testament as a historical document?"

Many people do not believe that the Bible is a reliable document of history. See why it is reliable at http://ow.ly/rkJL50Ku2ky

"Was the New Testament written hundreds of years after Christ?"

See why there is no reason to believe so at http://ow.ly/YWwZ50Ku2mZ

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by Maynman: 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Was all the books in the New Testament written at the same thing?
Who set up CANON to decide which book is inspired or not?

The earliest New Testament, codex sinaitcus is referred as to the most edited and doctored book in history!

Re: "Is The Bible Trustworthy As A Historical Document?" by Maynman: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
The revelation book written by an UNKNOWN AUTHOR almost didn’t make it to the Catholic Canon

(1) (Reply)

What Sets Us Apart? / Christianity=paganism / The Spiritual Danger Of Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.