Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Think Atiku Goofed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Atiku Goofed. (533 Views)

Why I Think Atiku May Win This Election. / Which State(s) Do You Think Atiku Or Buhari Won't Make A 25%? / I Don’t Think Atiku Can Defeat Buhari. No, He Can’t – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Atiku Goofed. by chrisxxx(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku appointing Okowa as his VP has prematurely exposed his undemocratic and his anti-party propensities. The best position to corner the support of Wike is gifting him his VP. Of course VP is close to the presidency but may not be a member of the inner caucus. Osinbajo comes to mind. Loyalist like Okowa can be compensated with the position of SGF or COS. These are inner caucus positions.
The target is to win now and if that means befriending the devil no qualms. Okowa assembled the likes of Wike and urged them to insist on Southern presidency. Wike bought the idea and went all out for it. He had believed that Okowa and others wouldn't back out. He was sure of their supports. The southern governors of APC extraction stood their ground. There was no betrayal. Their Northern counterpart saw reason and caved in.
Unbeknown to Wike that Okowa and his kinds have sold out. This gave Atiku the confidence of running despite the open opposition from the southern governors.
At the end, Okowa openly with Udom and others betrayed what they all agreed together.
It is a big slap to the south if same Okowa is being compensated with VP for selling out. This is the particular reason PDP NWC preferred Wike as a form of compensation and balance.
Atiku could have compensated his allies Okowa and co with other positions. I wonder which role he might have for Wike now. We are all watching.
See more: https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/16/2023-im-glad-atiku-picked-weaker-running-mate-kassim-afegbua/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1655409740
Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Iriruaga100(m): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
Political mistake by Atiku. Wike will work against PDP. Okowa can’t deliver Delta. It’s a fight to finish for 2023 election in Delta.
Sadly, Tinubu is going to be the president

1 Like

Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by chrisxxx(m): 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
Iriruaga100:
Political mistake by Atiku. Wike will work against PDP. Okowa can’t deliver Delta. It’s a fight to finish for 2023 election in Delta.
That is what Atiku by himself has done. Win first with your best team. Okowa is not popular beyond Delta State. Wike is a Tsunami in South South. You can imagine getting the overwhelming support of the NWC.
Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by PresidObi: 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
Iriruaga100:

How can okowa deliver Delta with Peter Obi on the ballot?

Do you know how dangerously intertwined Delta and Anambra is?

Okowa and Obi is just like Rangers of Enugu against Real Madrid.

1 Like

Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by DOTian: 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
The thing there is that Okowa has NEVER been his own man. Okowa is a "boy" picked off from nowhere by James Ibori and made an LG chairman, then a Senator and now a governor. He has always been a very loyal member of the James Ibori clan and has always advertised that group each time he is interviews about that subject. Okowa would never have been a governor without the Ibori structure that worked so well, even when Ibori was in prison. The former governor of Delta state, Uduaghan, that handed over to Okowa is Iboris nephew or so. Okowa will break any rule and rank to achieve the targets of the Ibori dynasty that made him.

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that James Ibori being an Atiku ally, enjoined Okowa to do what he did, and that this Vice presidential gift to Okowa is more or else an indirect way of making Ibori the vice president of Nigeria. Go back to most video clips taken at Atikus home after the convention and you will see James Ibori in most of them trying hard to dodge the cameras.. Very unfortunate that Buharis atrocious 8 years will end with Nigerians being forced to choose between Tinupoo, Ibori, Atiku and other utterly corrupt criminals..
Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Oplomo: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
You guys should let us here word. Wike is not liked beyond Ikwerre Locak govt. Na him money people like, no be him.

Ifeanyi will be VP, deal with it.
Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Iriruaga100(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
chrisxxx:

That is what Atiku by himself has done. Win first with your best team. Okowa is not popular beyond Delta State. Wike is a Tsunami in South South. You can imagine getting the overwhelming support of the NWC.

Wike recommended Donald Duke. Okowa is seen as a traitor. He can’t deliver Delta
Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Iriruaga100(m): 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
PresidObi:

They’re not intertwined. They got relationship with Delta North not the whole state. Obi might win Delta for the presidential election while APC will take Delta through wayo
Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Iriruaga100(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
DOTian:
The thing there is that Okowa has NEVER been his own man. Okowa is a "boy" picked off from nowhere by James Ibori and made an LG chairman, then a Senator and now a governor. He has always been a very loyal member of the James Ibori clan and has always advertised that group each time he is interviews about that subject. Okowa would never have been a governor without the Ibori structure that worked so well, even when Ibori was in prison. The former governor of Delta state, Uduaghan, that handed over to Okowa is Iboris nephew or so. Okowa will break any rule and rank to achieve the targets of the Ibori dynasty that made him.

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that James Ibori being an Atiku ally, enjoined Okowa to do what he did, and that this Vice presidential gift to Okowa is more or else an indirect way of making Ibori the vice president of Nigeria. Go back to most video clips taken at Atikus home after the convention and you will see James Ibori in most of them trying hard to dodge the cameras.. Very unfortunate that Buharis atrocious 8 years will end with Nigerians being forced to choose between Tinupoo, Ibori, Atiku and other utterly corrupt criminals..

I doubt if you’re current with the happenings in Delta. Okowa took the party structure from Ibori. Right PDP is divided in Delta since Edevbie did not emerge as the governorship candidate of PDP. They’re rooting for Omo-Agege right now

1 Like

Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Owontime: 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
PresidObi:

Re: I Think Atiku Goofed. by Owontime: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
Enyi,Peter Obi won't win any state in Nigeria.
Stop playing online politics.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Life Insurance Memes Funny To Make You Laugh And Forget Your Sorrow / The Metamorphosis Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu From Yekini Amoda / JUST-IN: Osinbajo Arrives Accra Ahead Of ECOWAS Heads Of State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.