Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today (19773 Views)

Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele / Naira Redesign: Myetti Allah Begs For A Deadline Extension / Tension In States As Parties Step Up Battle For Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by ogododo: 8:42am On Jun 17, 2022
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Thursday said there would be no extension of today’s (Friday) deadline for parties to submit names of their presidential candidates and  running mates.

The Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, in an interview with The PUNCH, insisted that the commission had not changed the deadline.

When asked if it was possible to get the number of political parties that had submitted the lists of candidates, Oyekanmi said, “We have to wait till 6pm, Friday 17th June (the deadline), to have the accurate figure. There will be no extension.”

The commission last month fixed June 9 as the deadline for parties to conduct their primaries and June 17 for submission of candidates’ lists.

Earlier on Thursday, the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, had unveiled the Delta State Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate.

As of 9:50pm on Thursday, the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, had yet to announce his running mate amid controversy over a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

There were reports on Thursday that Tinubu had submitted a name to INEC as his running mate, who according to the report, he would replace later.

When contacted, the Director of Tinubu Campaign Organisation, Bayo Onanuga, said he was not aware of the development.

Related News Ekiti 2022: INEC, police should ensure hitch-free poll Extend voter registration by two months, Reps urge INEC INEC creates additional registration centres in Anambra

He stated, “I spoke with the candidate yesterday (Wednesday). He hasn’t told me whom he had in mind or who he is going to announce.”

Efforts to reach the APC National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka, to confirm if a surrogate’s name had been filed for Tinubu’s running mate proved abortive.

As of the time of filing this report, he neither picked calls nor responded to the SMS of our correspondent.

But a ranking member of the House of Representatives, James Faleke, in an interview with The PUNCH, said Tinubu was still consulting with the APC leaders, adding that there was no division in the party.

Faleke, who is leader of the Tinubu Support Group, stated, “I can assure you that the candidate is making proper consultations with the leaders of the party before deciding.”

In a related development, the campaign office of President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.),  in 2019 in Abuja , has been handed over to the APC presidential candidate.
https://punchng.com/no-deadline-extension-inec-insists-as-parties-submit-lists-today

1 Share

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by airminem(f): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2022
Inec, APC and its disrespect for the office of the citizens

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by booblacain(m): 8:44am On Jun 17, 2022
But you made extension for APC to do its convention. It's like INEC already has a favorite child ahead of the election.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by dominique(f): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2022
Phew! For a moment there I thought it was for PVC registration

18 Likes

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by kenedy175(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
Still waiting on Tinubu, Obi and Kwankwaso.

It could still be extended if APC isn't ready. If you know, you know

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by updatechange(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
Whatever Tinubu does... He shouldn't try a Muslim Muslim ticket. My 2 kobo lipsrsealed

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by Tunechi5(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
Ok
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by Skillsnigeria: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
Hmmm
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by ChangetheChange: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
As of 9:50pm on Thursday, the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, had yet to announce his running mate amid controversy over a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

There were reports on Thursday that Tinubu had submitted a name to INEC as his running mate, who according to the report, he would replace later.

When contacted, the Director of Tinubu Campaign Organisation, Bayo Onanuga, said he was not aware of the development
grin grin grin grin
Tinubu still confused on who to pick as Vice President,, to be Nigeria president is not by force

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by MorataFC: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2022
Good
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by africanpride1: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Kj
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Who is Peter Obi running mate?

14 Likes

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by mbahdi(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Na today.las las Dem go still extend am cos of d occultic party.na opposition d useless eyenec dey get power

2 Likes

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by millionboi(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Good
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by sanerugwei: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
PO in Egypt nko shocked shocked

Who go help am submit, abi qanqanso don agree to be him veepee

7 Likes

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by africanpride1: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Deborah98:
Who else has seen that video of some women and young men carrying guns, singing and dancing around. Whenever the issue of self defense is raise they'll kick against but will prefer to release whooping sums as ransom. Nigeria will never happen to me or anyone close to me again. Very anyhow country with anyhow people...
My Sister, you have said the truth that most have become too mentally enslaved to say. Yet, this is the very best Time to be alive and to be a Nigerian. It has been confirmed that 75% of Original Northern Muslims have vowed to massively Vote Tinubu as the next President of Nigeira with Muslim-Christian ticket. Optimists, as well as those who wish Nigeria should forever be stagnated, backward and tied down as an imbalance permanent Underdeveloped wobbling Nation that should be forever be crippled by Nepotism and Religious Bigotary should read this to the End.

The Point is that who is the "core" Northern Muslim? Is one Muslim lesser than another Muslim?! Whenever you hear about core Northern Muslim, we all know it refers to Fulani Muslims of the North. I as a Yoruba Muslim based in the North and I can categorically confess to you that Hausa Muslims are extremely tired and frustrated with the shenanigans and Enslavement by the Fulanis who are just about 6% of Northern Muslims, which are even minority Tribe in the North. Go and watch the Video of the El-Zakzaky Ibraheem Yaqoub Hausa Movement. Did you see through the facade that it was Never really about Islamic denominational differences? They are now wise and they have seen that Religion was merely used to Deceive, Enslave and Take over there Anscentral Lands. Look at how they took their Battle for "Liberation from Fulani Enslavement" to Abuja and were still massively gunned down at Fulani Buahari order.

Much more than it's been publicized, they are completely tired of the Slavery and have Vowed to Ensure a Balanced and Progressive Nigeria devoid of Nepotism and Religion Bigotary. The Great Nigeria we all Dream of, we are ALL now Working towards and it shall become a reality soon. So that we shall see the Emergence of the Great Nigeria which we shall all be Proud as Real Nigerians. In fact, they are the ones that tenaciously fought underground against Fulani Adamu Plan to enforce another Fulanis Concensus Candidate on the Party. The ever outspoken Fulanis only joined the unstoppable massive Moving Train and spoke out to when they have seen that it is completely impossible to erase the Love for Tinubu from the hearts of Northern Majority.

The Great and Glorious Nigeria which is the Dream of every genuine Nigerian has now truly began to come into Reality. Under Tinubu, we can see all Nigeirans in the North and South now uniting Regardless of Ethnicity, Tribalism or Religious differences. It is already happening but the Press are not really reporting much of it because evil News generates Traffic more easily.

The Truth is that the Real Nigerians in the North and South have now gotten to see Clearly over the Years that Invaders don't even care at all about the Progress and Greatness of this Nation, Exploitation of the indegenous People and our Natural Resources has been Proved to be their only Vision.

*When you travel out of the Country, you can Never raise your head high and say you want to be Proud of being a Nigerian because the several Years of Fulani Rulership of the Nation has always brought Monumental Stagnancy to the Progress of the Nation. Also, multiple Setbacks to whatever Progress that Other Presidents Achieve before they come back to Power. No single Progress whatsoever is ever experienced anytime they are in Power, it is only to Create Enimity between the Anscentral Land Owners of Nigeria, to Divide and Cast Nigeira Tribes against one another, to deceive and manipulate through Religion to make Tribal Brothers to betray themselves and support the senseless barbaric Killings of their very own People, to massively kill Original Nigerian so that their Invading Brothers can take over other People Anscentral HomeLands, and every other Satanic Wickedeness you can imagine against Humanity is what they always Focus their Administration on. Just like all Orginial Nigeirans, Hausa Muslims are tired of the Fulani Religion Deception, Manipulation and Enslavement of People that accommodate them when they came into our Father Lands.*

Any day, any time and every time Fulanis freely commit Crimes against Hausas just like they do against all Original Nigeria Owners. Going to report at Station has been proven to be fruitless and useless because the Cases get dismissed as soon as the Offended Son or Daughter of the Soils turns his/her back. Hausa girls, wives and women being Daily brutally raped by Fualnis, for years and still happening all over Northern Part of the Country as we all know.

Over the Years, Hausas Muslims felt alone and helpless under the wicked Enslavement of Fuanli minority. Now that Fulanis has trespassed their Boundaries to Yoruba Land, Hausa Muslims are more bolder knowing that we their Yorubas Muslim Brothers would never be gullible to fall for the religious Trick and manipulation throughout which Hausa Lands were stolen and Enslaved. My Interaction with my majority of Hausa Muslim Brother made me to understand that they are crying for being enslaved on their very one Ancestral Father Land. And they largely look forward to Partering with Yorubas in speedinly ending the satanic Deceitful Fulani Enslavement of Original Nigeria Owners. They are boldly saying that they are no more fools. They said it is Time for them and all Anscentral Owners of Nigeria to Unite and make the Invaders know that Nigerians can Never continue to be Slaves on our Father Land.

We are alive now! The true Greatness of Nigeria regardless of Religious differences is what all of us are after. Fulanis have stagnated this Country enough! Nigeria shall soon become truly Great and respected Globally.

*Personally, I still Love Fulanis, and I look forward to them and us all seriously joining hands with all Original Nigeirans under Tinubu's Administration with Focus for making Nigeria truly Great. From the Video of some Fulanis confessing that they hate what they are being made to do, they mentioned the Names of some Government Official that bought guns and supplies of ammunition to them. Tear trickled down my eyes as I watched that Video because it was obvious that Fulanis are not heartless animals that really enjoy killing fellow Human beings. For the first Time, I appreciated the Humanity in Fuanlis and I knew that Satan caused all the Problems by using few human vessels among them to manipulate orchestrate the Wickedness.*

They are humans like us too. I used this medium to ask all Top Fualnis reading this ask themselves a question? *Are you Fulanis truly Truly Proud of the current grossly and disgracefully shameful State of Nigeira?! Don't you see that you have too much wasted the Nation Nigeria's Time whenever you travel out to USA, Dubai, etc.? Under your longtime watch for Years, why haven't you made Nigeria to become like one of those wonderful Countries?! You never think you can truly make Nigeria to be better than those Countries so that you and I would be proud to call this Place our Glorious Home?!*

*The Sky is big enough for all the Birds to fly! The un-inhabited Lands of Nigeria can never be exhausted in Millions of Years to come! Buy Land as I buy Land from indegenes, let's all always follow due Process. We can all very much Peacefully coexist and make this our beloved Nation Great together and forever peacefully Dwell in it as our uncommon Peaceful Glorious Home. The 2nd Name for Pathetic Foolishness is senseless Envy (that results from demonic Greed), and Enemity where normally non is supposed to exist.*

*For any gullible shallow-minded Soul with myopic over-bloated Ego who hates to see Nigeria become Free from shackles of Nepotism and Religious Bigotary, let me ask you: what if you were born as a Chinese into a Buddhist Family or American into a Christian Family, will you be glad if someone who the green-eyed Demon called Greed deceived should be planning to kill you? Or that such Person is deceiving Your very own People to become your Enemy?!*

*The Killings in Nigeria was never about Islam because Islam is a Religion of Peace. The Killings was out of Greed to Own without following the Proper Humanity loving and supportive Channel. So, you see, anyone that try to make you hate another Nigerian based on Tribal or Religious differences wish you no good at all! Such person is not your friend at all but your worst Enemy! That Person is more Dangerous to your Soul than the most Venomous Snake.*

*Change is the only Constant thing. I know some new Generation of Fulanis too, my good genuine friends, that are becoming true Progressives and want a better truly Glorious Nigeria that we can all be Proud of. Change is the Only Constant Thing, if most Fulanis' mindset can be, and should be, rechannelled to see all Nigeirans reegardless of Religion as their own Brothers and Sisters, together, we shall all very very SOON make Nigeira Great! One Love. The sleeping Giant of Africa has finally woken up! Time for Nigeria's United Greatness has truly come! May ALMIGHTY CREATOR of Humanity Bless Nigeria!*

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by pretydiva(f): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Has Peter Obi submitted?

1 Like

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by MorataFC: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
booblacain:
But you made extension for APC to do its convention. It's like INEC has a favorite child already.
What do u expect? Don't be surprised if they still extend it beyond today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by Goldenkrezi: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
INEC na scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by McStoic(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Ndi ara
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by LordGuru1: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2022
Ok.
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by rejoice4eva(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2022
Nigerians have been waiting for APC to do the needful since 2015.
We waited for PMB to chose ministers for 6 months ! And when he eventually chose the so called best..... They are.....?
INEC has to extend deadline before they could do primary
Babagoslow, has stopped going slowly now, they are now going backward
I think they are only interested in overthrowing government and bringing Nigeria backward, this people are never ready for Governance

5 Likes

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by kenedy175(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin grin
Tinubu confused on who to pick, to be a president is not by force

APC put themselves in a difficult position

2 Likes

Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by omowolewa: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2022
No ext
Re: No Deadline Extension, INEC Insists As Parties Submit Lists Today by Godstiger(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2022
We awaits

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Princess Stella Oduah Won The Anambra North Senatorial Seat. / 800 Companies Shut Down In 3 Years - NACCIMA (Throwback) / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.