Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Why Are Igbo Leaders Always Out Of Touch With Their People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Leaders Always Out Of Touch With Their People? (242 Views)

Irigwe Community Buries 6 Of Their People Killed By Fulani Militia In Plateau / Reno Omokri Mocks Okorocha, Akpabio 'As Their People Reject Them' / Fulanis Hold Massive Protest In Paris Against Killing Of Their People. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbo Leaders Always Out Of Touch With Their People? by Charleys: 9:23am On Jun 17, 2022
This people are supposed to be representing their constituents but I realized that they try to be neutral when they know what their constituency wants.

Example Orji uzor Kal
Rochas Okorocha.
These are just notable ones.
So I ask myself.

Are these people representing their people?
Why do they keep saying things that are not in tune with what their people think..

Need explanation for this..
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders Always Out Of Touch With Their People? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2022
Those leaders that were foisted on the Igbos after the Biafran war still control Igbo land till date that's why it's like that ...they are always loyal to north

But thanks to the new electoral system slowly we would change them one by one

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders Always Out Of Touch With Their People? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2022
It has historical roots...
When the British came to Nigeria they had ease ruling the North because of it's political structure but the political structure of the Igboland was such that they needed to dispose of all the SE leaders and replace them with strangers or former osus...On one hand they were loyal to Britain because of the power they received, but because they were not loved by the people, it prevented them from being able to use that power to stage an effective rebellion against Britain, thus ensuring their continued loyalty.

The pattern is still being used today.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders Always Out Of Touch With Their People? by Christistruth00: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2022
Charleys:
This people are supposed to be representing their constituents but I realized that they try to be neutral when they know what their constituency wants.

Example Orji uzor Kal
Rochas Okorocha.
These are just notable ones.
So I ask myself.

Are these people representing their people?
Why do they keep saying things that are not in tune with what their people think..

Need explanation for this..

Many of them are unbendable and unbearable Belly first Politicians

Their Selfish Self Centeredness is legendary

Even if their People are weeping and dying in droves right on their doorstep and they see their suffering with their own two eyes

It is still the Politicians own Stomachs that come first

For example Ojukwu get strong mind and watched 3 Million of his own people Starve and die right in front of him and he didn’t batter an eyelid

Not until it was time for Ojukwu to Sacrifice his own life did it Occur to Ojukwu that fighting the War was a bad idea

That was when he fled

Azikiwe and Njoku could have successfully lead the East but because both of them were wisely and rightfully against the War Ojukwu Jailed Njoku he was Ojukwu’s Senior in the Army and put Azikiwe the Political Leader Of the East under House arrest

The problem is simply lack of Compassion for their own People

That is why the Politicians have now used their IPOB Thugs to set the SE ablaze instead of Securing and serving their People

Their Political ambition is more important to them than the lives of the People the Serve

My Grandmother Couldn’t Stand Ojukwu because of his complete lack of Compassion for his own People in their desperate Suffering

Instead of him to be a man and say I led you into this and I will take the heat for whatever happens

Ojukwu disgracefully fled and what he should have done at the beginning to save his Peoples was what had to happen In the end

Which was to give up any idea of War but in this case millions were already dead and the East was in complete ruins

(1) (Reply)

Response To Analysts On Voice 89.9 FM. / 5 Scriptures That Condemn Rev. Fr Mbaka's Attack On Peter Obi / Peter Obi Deputizing To Kwankwaso Is The Only Thing Acceptable To Us- NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.