Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos (589 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call / Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos by MaobiCarl(f): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2022
Not so verified Brief history of ndi Onitsha... Onitsha is a misture and descendants of Arodinzogu and Benin.
One Ezechima or so from izuogu (Ideato, Imo state) was a special herbalist/traditional man who travels with his people and entourage to Benin kingdom for medicine and business tours. . Story is not so clear from this point if they fell out with the oba, Benin kingdom, famine or wife of the king (there are claims she's igbo and relative of Eze chima with her children) decided to join their igbo friends for greener pasture..
This movement resulted in half-igbo settlements along the Benin express way at agbor, asaba, onitsha and finally at oguta. The story and Benin-igbo migration from Benin empire is not very clear.
Our secular historians have not been fully funded to take on this multi million project / research.
We need a scientifical research on the true identify and historicity of ndi onitsha (they are igbos and not Benin)

1 Like

Re: History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos by AjaanaOka(m): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
It still shocks me every day how this Aro angle is slowly but steadily becoming mainstream.

The Benin angle (false as I think it is) doesn't quite shock because it has some antiquity in the written literature. But you see this Aro angle that only cropped up tentatively a few decades ago? Very shocking something.

1 Like

Re: History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos by Maazieze(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Op their is already research, just wait for me to get it
Re: History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos by Maazieze(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
AjaanaOka:
It still shocks me every day how this Aro angle is slowly but steadily becoming mainstream.

The Benin angle (false as I think it is) doesn't quite shock because it has some antiquity in the written literature. But you see this Aro angle that only cropped up tentatively a few decades ago? Very shocking something.

What is the aro angle?
Re: History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos by Maazieze(m): 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
Are the Ukwuanis Benin or Igbo? A Study of Origin and Migration

1 Like

Re: History Of Onitsha People. Onitsha Are Igbos by Nikkitaboy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2022
Maazieze:
Are the Ukwuanis Benin or Igbo? A Study of Origin and Migration

Everybody knows that they're igbos
its just to pull igbo ppl toes that's the reason for saying they're not igbos

na their gimmick

(1) (Reply)

Let Court Decide On Who Is Going To Be Our Family Leader / Do We Have A Culture Of Mediocrity Or Plain Stupidity? / Do You See Any Yoruba Affinties In These Afro Cuban Videos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.