Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,517 members, 7,857,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

A-Z Of Studying Abroad. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A-Z Of Studying Abroad. (270 Views)

Download A-Z Of Jamb’s Use Of English PDF / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A-Z Of Studying Abroad. by Schoolguy9(m): 9:50am On Jun 17, 2022
So, I have been following Ezinne for sometime now and she has this to say:

A-Z of UK STUDY VISA PATHWAY
ADMISSION DOCUMENTS
1. Degree certificate
2. Degree Transcript
3. Passport
4. Academic reference letter
5. Professional reference
6. WAEC certificate or IELTS
7. CV
TUITION
Between the range of £12,000

Tuition deposit = £2000-£4500 on average
A tuition deposit is required after admission offer is received before you can be issued CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) which you need for visa.
Proof of funds although primarily needed for visa application may also be required in addition to tuition deposit before CAS issuance depending on the school in question. How much exactly you'll need as POF depends on your tuition balance after deducting any deposit and discounts received plus £9207 if studying in a location outside of London.
A rough estimate

Tuition: £14,000
Discount: £1500
Tuition deposit £4,000
£14,000 - 4000 - 1500 = £8500
£8500 (tuition balance)
+
£9207 (estimated living expenses for one year)
= £17,707 (so you'll be expected to present a bank statement with a closing balance of
£17,707 or its equivalent in any currency)
If using Naira, refer to Oanda FX converter to get an idea of how much you'll need as that is what the UK home office uses to calculate.
N.B: if oanda rate is N510 as it is now for £1 it's better to use around £540 to accommodate any hike or fluctuations in exchange rates.
£17,707 X 540 = N9,561,780
So if you're using a naira account, you'll need roughly 9.5million naira and funds must have been held for at least 28days before presenting it to the school or for visa application.
VISA APPLICATION COSTS FOR A 1YEAR PROGRAM
1. Insurance Health Surcharge (IHS) = £705 for one year program
2. Visa application fee -£348
3. Medical test - N57,800
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISA APPLICATION

1. CAS reference number
2.Degree certificate
3.WAEC result /IELTS
4.TB test certificate
5. Bank statement with required funds that have been held for 28 days at least prior to visa
application
6. Reference letter from employer (essential for justifying long study gap)
7. Employment letter (essential for justifying long study gap)
However 1-5 are about the most important in no particular order and not having any could lead to outright rejection. 6&7 may not be asked but is good to have. More documents may be requested from you depending on your peculiar circumstances. E.g being married or applying with kids.

THE PROCESS IN A NUTSHELL
1. Apply for admission
2. Get an offer
3. Pay tuition deposit and satisfy every other conditions of your offer
4. Get your CAS
5. Ready your maintenance document (Proof of funds)
6. Ready your TB test certificate
7.Apply for visa by completing the application form online and pay for IHS and Visa fee at the end.
8. Attend a Biometrics appointment
9. Get your visa approval
10.Book your flight and travel to the UK
Don't read this
finish and still come to ask for more information privately. This is detailed enough but if it's not enough for you, hold consultation money.
Enjoy the free information and read to the end.

Source: Ezinne Azu [Facebook].
Courtesy: https://www.downloadnaira.com/2022/06/a-z-of-studying-abroad.html

CC; Lalasticlala.
Obinnau
Ishilove .
Re: A-Z Of Studying Abroad. by mato24: 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Schoolguy9:
So, I have been following Ezinne for sometime now and she has this to say:

A-Z of UK STUDY VISA PATHWAY
ADMISSION DOCUMENTS
1. Degree certificate
2. Degree Transcript
3. Passport
4. Academic reference letter
5. Professional reference
6. WAEC certificate or IELTS
7. CV
TUITION
Between the range of £12,000

Tuition deposit = £2000-£4500 on average
A tuition deposit is required after admission offer is received before you can be issued CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) which you need for visa.
Proof of funds although primarily needed for visa application may also be required in addition to tuition deposit before CAS issuance depending on the school in question. How much exactly you'll need as POF depends on your tuition balance after deducting any deposit and discounts received plus £9207 if studying in a location outside of London.
A rough estimate

Tuition: £14,000
Discount: £1500
Tuition deposit £4,000
£14,000 - 4000 - 1500 = £8500
£8500 (tuition balance)
+
£9207 (estimated living expenses for one year)
= £17,707 (so you'll be expected to present a bank statement with a closing balance of
£17,707 or its equivalent in any currency)
If using Naira, refer to Oanda FX converter to get an idea of how much you'll need as that is what the UK home office uses to calculate.
N.B: if oanda rate is N510 as it is now for £1 it's better to use around £540 to accommodate any hike or fluctuations in exchange rates.
£17,707 X 540 = N9,561,780
So if you're using a naira account, you'll need roughly 9.5million naira and funds must have been held for at least 28days before presenting it to the school or for visa application.
VISA APPLICATION COSTS FOR A 1YEAR PROGRAM
1. Insurance Health Surcharge (IHS) = £705 for one year program
2. Visa application fee -£348
3. Medical test - N57,800
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISA APPLICATION

1. CAS reference number
2.Degree certificate
3.WAEC result /IELTS
4.TB test certificate
5. Bank statement with required funds that have been held for 28 days at least prior to visa
application
6. Reference letter from employer (essential for justifying long study gap)
7. Employment letter (essential for justifying long study gap)
However 1-5 are about the most important in no particular order and not having any could lead to outright rejection. 6&7 may not be asked but is good to have. More documents may be requested from you depending on your peculiar circumstances. E.g being married or applying with kids.

THE PROCESS IN A NUTSHELL
1. Apply for admission
2. Get an offer
3. Pay tuition deposit and satisfy every other conditions of your offer
4. Get your CAS
5. Ready your maintenance document (Proof of funds)
6. Ready your TB test certificate
7.Apply for visa by completing the application form online and pay for IHS and Visa fee at the end.
8. Attend a Biometrics appointment
9. Get your visa approval
10.Book your flight and travel to the UK
Don't read this
finish and still come to ask for more information privately. This is detailed enough but if it's not enough for you, hold consultation money.
Enjoy the free information and read to the end.

Source: Ezinne Azu [Facebook].
Courtesy: https://www.downloadnaira.com/2022/06/a-z-of-studying-abroad.html

CC; Lalasticlala.
Obinnau
Ishilove .

Good evening
Please I'm applying for my UK study visa in some weeks time.

So I finished University 2017, then went for Nysc 2018, and then finished Nysc 2019.. So I got a job same 2019, then worked there till 2021. So I got another job 2021 till date now.. So my question is I don't have reference letter for the place I worked from 2019-2021, but I have reference letter for the place I'm working now from 2021-till date. Please can I go ahead to apply for my visa?

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Boss Said ASUU Strike Isn't Necessary Uniupdates / Quantitative Reasonings/aptitudes (QR) Hack: Tips To Hack QR Questions / How To Use 'good' & 'well': Correcting Your Common Errors In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.