Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo (3311 Views)

Funny Moment Tinubu’s Supporter Tried To Recreate Peter Obi Viral Campaign Pics / See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Activist Worried About Peter Obi's Letterhead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
How a harmless photo of Peter Obi giving teenagers money was cropped, blown out and turned into a propaganda tool that shows he's also corrupt is still a mystery to me.
Like Chimamanda said, beware of the single story.
Original photo attached. Note the teenagers he's giving money to.

Peter Obi no dey give shi-shi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by alanto: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
grin GIVING teenagers money on PDP printed ankara with all the pdp hats surrounding him. grin
The way una de think ehn, e explain how una fit destroy una own region under any guise. Your reasoning is very shallow. angry

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Smithkafors(m): 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Una no dey tire.
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by DOTian: 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
alanto:
grin GIVING teenagers money on PDP printed ankara with all the pdp hats surrounding him. grin
The way una de think ehn, e explain how una fit destroy una own region under any guise. Your reasoning is very shallow. angry
Atleast he was not caught with a bullion van on an election eve.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Feadalezchicken: 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Like for peter Obi
Share for Atiku

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by mightyhaze: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
Very harmless pic...

I give alms all the time ...

It gives me joy to share my money ..

15 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:31am On Jun 18, 2022
alanto:

The way YOU reason shows you're duplicitous and two-faced! Why are you trying to sell a false narrative based on your rabid hatred for Igbos' and Pierre Obi?

Who doesn't know of the Nigerian culture of adults and the well-off giving cash to youths and well wishers? And i don't get why you're trying to make something out of the fact Obi and others are wearing PDP branded ankara! So what? Is there any law that says he can't give money to people that come up to greet him after a function? It's obvious this pic wasn't taken on voting day as candidates and other party members aren't allowed to attend polling centres in attire branded with their party logo, so care to tell us how he would ensure the 'voters' he has 'paid' will vote for him on the day?

Hope you're not a Tinubu supporter?

16 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:35am On Jun 18, 2022
mightyhaze:
Very harmless pic...

God and your pastor love a cheerful giver!

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 5:51am On Jun 18, 2022
alanto:

Do you even realize that the teenagers are not of voting age. Open your eyes and look at the kids in the photo.

Why was their faces cropped from the original photo? What false narrative were they trying to sell us?

Politics is truly a dirty game.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 5:54am On Jun 18, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

The way YOU reason shows you're duplicitous and two-faced! Why are you trying to sell a false narrative based on your rabid hatred for Igbos' and Pierre Obi?

Who doesn't know of the Nigerian culture of adults and the well-off giving cash to youths and well wishers? And i don't get why you're trying to make something out of the fact Obi and others are wearing PDP branded ankara! So what? Is there any law that says he can't give money to people that come up to greet him after a function? It's obvious this pic wasn't taken on voting day as candidates and other party members aren't allowed to attend polling centres in attire branded with their party logo, so care to tell us how he would ensure the 'voters' he has 'paid' will vote for him on the day?

Hope you're not a Tinubu supporter?

He is obviously and I wonder why they went as far as cropping the original photo to hide the true identity of the kids.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 18, 2022
I can only see stickers..

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 18, 2022
Anyone from South East knows that when children see who ever they admire and love they will chase you around in praises. And it's natural to give out some notes to make them happy. It's obvious there is nothing like election going on there.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Tulsaguy: 5:58am On Jun 18, 2022
Damage control.... Tueh

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by IamWonderful: 5:58am On Jun 18, 2022
alanto:
During electioneering campaign, what a wonderful CHUKWU Okike Abiama puru ime ihe nile
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by IamWonderful: 6:02am On Jun 18, 2022
This one too is a child

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by ozo13(m): 6:03am On Jun 18, 2022
Those thick hands are teenagers abi.
The other picture also show someone showing something that looks like say PVC.
Though the way Chief peter Obi dey share the cash looks like a stingy man way of sharing.

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by inoki247: 6:06am On Jun 18, 2022
Buh wen dey say Tradermoni wey Osinbajo dey share den na Vote buying scheme u guys believe am...

Buh once something involves your lord and savior you will always find a way to change the narrative buh if is the other way round you will believe once and come up with a theory sef...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by tamdun: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2022
DOTian:

Atleast he was not caught with a bullion van on an election eve.
U know as an individual u can use a bullion van?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 6:09am On Jun 18, 2022
IamWonderful:
This one too is a child

Let's see.

Hand clinched, mouth curled. The facial expression of the man looks like he was just hailing Obi. Obi wasn't even looking at him but focused on the kids.

Why do propagandist have to make a great deal out of an innocent photo.
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 6:12am On Jun 18, 2022
ozo13:
Those thick hands are teenagers abi.
The other picture also show someone showing something that looks like say PVC.
Though the way Chief peter Obi dey share the cash looks like a stingy man way of sharing.

Agan some adults are shameless, not Obi's fault. Once they see money, they stretch their hands too hence Obi's focus on the kids he intends to give to.

Find another point.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by ajekpaks(m): 6:15am On Jun 18, 2022
lol
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 6:28am On Jun 18, 2022
inoki247:
Buh wen dey say Tradermoni wey Osinbajo dey share den na Vote buying scheme u guys believe am...

Buh once something involves your lord and savior you will always find a way to change the narrative buh if is the other way round you will believe once and come up with a theory sef...

LOL. Isn't it obvious? Trader money Osinbajo shares before an election and suspend after elections. You have to register on the spot with your PVC before you're given N10,000.

I heard PYO is ready to restart the scheme soon. Yeah, we're not fooled.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by LongBig(m): 6:32am On Jun 18, 2022
Imagine it was the other candidates the narrative could have change! This people follow blindly no logic just sentiment and emotion! That’s why pdp always treat them as trash! This is a clear case of “inducement” with campaign cloth on! but children of hate won’t see it that way everytime Na Tinubu, as if is the cause of their misfortune!!
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by inoki247: 6:43am On Jun 18, 2022
Freethinker87:

LOL. Isn't it obvious? Trader money Osinbajo shares before an election and suspend after elections. You have to register on the spot with your PVC before you're given N10,000.

The people I know didn't use any PVC is easy before they claim the money you people should stop looking for excuse is easy for you to believe your own buh once is other way around you will not believe.....
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2022
inoki247:

The people I know didn't use any PVC is easy before they claim the money you people should stop looking for excuse is easy for you to believe your own buh once is other way around you will not believe.....

The ones I know did. In fact, on the form it was clearly written "I stand with Buhari"

I thought this "loan" should be paid back to the Government. What's happening with the loan repayment though? Are the market women paying back?

We're not fooled.
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by inoki247: 6:57am On Jun 18, 2022
Freethinker87:

The ones I know did. In fact, on the form it was clearly written "I stand with Buhari"

I thought this "loan" should be paid back to the Government. What's happening with the loan repayment though? Are the market women paying back?

We're not fooled.

Lol people no wan pay the money bak even people wey colet Nisral loan no wan gri pay bak Nigerians just hate paying bak loan.....
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by ozo13(m): 7:00am On Jun 18, 2022
Freethinker87:

Agan some adults are shameless, not Obi's fault. Once they see money, they stretch their hands too hence Obi's focus on the kids he intends to give to.

Find another point.
the person showing what looks like a PVC tells you what.she has attain the age to vote(>=18yrs )
What does he hope to achieve by sharing money to an 18yr old voting population.
So we really need something like a video to really know what played out in that picture
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2022
inoki247:

Lol people no wan pay the money bak even people wey colet Nisral loan no wan gri pay bak Nigerians just hate paying bak loan.....

Actually, for TraderMoni the creditors are not interested in the repayment. The supposed "loan" has served its purpose.
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Freethinker87: 7:03am On Jun 18, 2022
ozo13:
the person showing what looks like a PVC tells you what.she has attain the age to vote(>=18yrs )
What does he hope to achieve by sharing money to an 18yr old voting population.
So we really need something like a video to really know what played out in that picture

That's s sticker naw. Haba!
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Jmichael1(m): 7:03am On Jun 18, 2022
mightyhaze:
Very harmless pic...

abeg share reach me ooh...
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by ozo13(m): 7:10am On Jun 18, 2022
Freethinker87:

there isnt any difference between this and what trade moni was meant for
Re: The Truth About Peter Obi's Viral Photo by Soulsymbol99: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2022
The way em dey count d money sef go show u d tin tire d man grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Dumps Atiku,endorses Tinubu / Presidential Election Pie Chart / Labour Party Suspends Kenneth Okonkwo And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.