Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him (27624 Views)

Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Share Ghana Must-Go Bags Containing Cash To Delegates? / Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by BuhariCarryGo: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
APC Senator Offers Hajj Slots To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him

Senator Smart Adeyemi, who represents Kogi West in the National Assembly, has offered to sponsor five persons to Makkah, Saudi Arabia, on hajj pilgrimage for returning the cash he gave out to delegates during the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary in the senatorial zone.

Adeyemi’s return bid to the Senate was short lived when he scored 43 votes at the primary election, putting him at a distant third.

Sunday Karimi, who clinched the party’s ticket, scored 288 votes while Muyiwa Aina came second with 73 votes.

Party delegates at different levels raked millions of Naira from aspirants seeking to woo them.

Speaking with journalists at the National Assembly in Abuja on the outcome of the primary held May 28, 2022, Adeyemi described the election as complete rape of democracy, a day-light robbery and an extremely manipulated exercise.

The lawmaker said he participated in the primary against the advice of the state’s APC chairman, Abdullahi Bello, who, he said, asked him to step down and work fully for the presidential bid of Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

He said a closed door meeting, called by the state’s party chairman at the instance of the governor, to pressure him to withdraw from the race, was deadlocked as he insisted on going ahead.

Adeyemi alleged that delegates were coerced to vote against their choices, except insignificant few.

He said five among the delegates from Koton Karfe local government area returned the money he gave out for “transport, accommodation and feeding” expenses after they voted against him.

The lawmaker said he was moved by their honesty and asked them to go with the money with a promise to sponsor them to Makkah on hajj pilgrimage in 2023.

He said: “Normally, we give some supports to delegates to augment their expenses, transport, feeding and accommodations. But don’t ask me how much.

“Delegates from a particular local government, which is predominantly inhabited by Muslims, were not allowed to vote for me because the returning officer, who is from that local government and equally a Muslim asked, them to support Sunday Karimi, who is from a neighbouring federal constituency to mine.

“This local government is called Koton Karfe. A week after the election, five of them came to Abuja and they are all Muslims. They said to me that in Islam, it is haram (prohibited) to take what does not belong to you.

“So, senator, the money you gave for feeding, accommodation and transport to support us, we have returned all your money because we were not allowed to vote for you. But you are our candidate. They bust into tears, that they had been denied. But please, take our photographs for record purposes and future.

“This is your money. I look at them and said you have endeared Islam to my heart even though I’m a Christian. You returned the money? Please go with the money. I have blessed this money for you. They started crying and I assured them that next year, the five of you, I will send you to Makkah. If your faith in Islam is like this, then you have made me to respect Islam the more.

“I have sponsored not less than 400 Muslims to Makkah. But for five Muslims to return the money I gave to them back to me and said it is haram, I was moved emotionally.

“I never knew we still have Nigerians like these people. They returned money and said they were denied to vote for me. I took their pictures.”

https://dailytrust.com/apc-senator-offers-hajj-slots-to-delegates-who-returned-cash-after-voting-against-him

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by ManirBK: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
My champion Tinubu will break all of you to pieces come 2023!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by abobote: 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
He should have given them a better offer.
Just to travel to Saudi, waste their time and come back

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Madmohamed123: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
If you want to help them send their children to school or give them money to start something not haji

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Gbengajans: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hnnn
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Ahmed0336(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
abobote:

Allow them to make that choice.
If they feel they don't want to go that's fine, they can sell it.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Kazeem47(m): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2022
People celebrating corruption in this part of the world.

15 Likes

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Tifesingz: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2022
I don’t believe this and I don’t know why..
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by englishmart(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2022
Thunder, I mean thunder soaked in acid for 3days will fire religion for making even the shrewd stuppid.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Kingpele(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2022
Hahaha smart is indeed smart see how he ridiculed APC kogi chapter ,the government of yeye bello and the incompetent state chairman of APC in kogi state without calling them out..u gave them bribe ,they took it but couldn't find a way to do your bidding and they did the needful to return your money and all u could do for them is to send them to foreign country using our scarce foreign Exchange to go and pray ..u didn't see the need to give them loans for whatever business they are doing..indeed u are a smart man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Jun 18, 2022
He said: “Normally, we give some supports to delegates to augment their expenses, transport, feeding and accommodations.
But don’t ask me how much.
@the bolded,
But that is what we really wanna know undecided

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by FactBoyz: 8:39am On Jun 18, 2022
sad
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by irunoko(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2022
grin

Country of liars and hypocrites.highly religious but
having no iota of godliness.

Travelling to another country to Slamm your head on the ground while you still have the demonic tendencies of killing, raping and pedophilia amounts to nothing grin

God is not interested in praying 5 times a day and be shouting hawuzibilayi yet have no love and respect for another creation of God

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by MorataFC: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2022
Not my problem
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Cmanforall: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2022
How will that make Nigeria better?

I think the government should stop all these sponsorships for Hajj or pilgrimage. Let the Mosques and churches sponsor their members. How can a Senator have slots for Hajj cool Does it mean even in religious matters, politicians are still given priority, yet they don't lead with the fear of God.

Do they also give those sponsored some allowances?
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by ArewaNightmare: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
cool imagine this guy's encouraging CORRUPTION , BRIBERY AND LOOTING publicly and nothing is being done

Which kind Contree be dis

This guy's should be stoned and hanged publicly

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by XchangeRate: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Eh Sorry, Good Gesture tho,
Btc is now $19k, Buying Bitcoin Today @ 580/$
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Ogbodavies(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
apc and trade by barter b like 2015 promise of CHANGE
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by szczescie(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Dignity amongst…
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by oluwaseyi0: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Bribe giver and bribe collectors sending each other to 'holy' land

True and true this politicians are just using religion to catch cruise

5 Likes

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by unitysheart(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Stories that touch.
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Spidermon: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2022
PR spin.

1 Like

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by money121(m): 8:42am On Jun 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by naija4life247: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2022
abobote:

Who asked for your opinion?
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by naija4life247: 8:44am On Jun 18, 2022
Madmohamed123:
If you want to help them send their children to school or give them money to start something not haji

And they told you that they are wretched like you and have not been sending their children to school like you dropout?
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by chrisxxx(m): 8:44am On Jun 18, 2022
I so much like Smart Adeyemi. The closest I came to him was when I went to repair his generator in Ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Robisky001(m): 8:44am On Jun 18, 2022
The offer was too small that they had to return it. Who returns a $20000, especially being a Nigeria in this Buhari-infested economy?
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by Berankis: 8:45am On Jun 18, 2022
People like these would not win re-election because he criticised the failure of the current Govt even of the same party.
Honest people don't last this country, they are mocked, silenced and stupified, made irrelevant for always standing for the people.
More painful is that the so called suffering masses you fight for don't really care about you putting your life on the line for them.
Let them keep suffering and dieing. It is their destiny!
Re: Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him by tonididdy(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2022
Is this an advert for head slammers?? undecided

Kukuma convert na angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others / Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / 2023: Second Term Governors Plot To Succeed Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.