Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,990 members, 7,841,781 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos (1481 Views)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / Osun N69bn MKO Abiola International Airport: Untold Story Of A Promising Project / Osun N69bn MKO Abiola International Airport: Untold Story Of A Promising Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by Highlandgee: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
WWE Star, Omos – real name Toulope ‘Jordan’ Omogbehin, was born in Lagos migrated with his family to the US when he was young.

Omos recently shared with Afrotimes Newspaper the fascinating story of his life and of overcoming a tumor and other health conditions he has overcome.

He attended school/played basketball at Montrose Christian for the 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 school years. He went on to attend and play for the University of South Florida before moving back to Maryland and attending/playing for Morgan State University. His college basketball career spanned from 2012 to 2015.

His WWE debut was in 2019 and his intimidating presence in the ring has brought him success. Omos was at the peak of his popularity when he was the efficacious bodyguard to the ‘Phenomenal’ AJ Styles.

Omos spoke about receiving an email related to a medical finding that he has a tumor in his head. Omos did not believe it until he took an MRI scan and the doctors confirmed it. But that was not the end. When one has a tumor, it changes the hormonal balance in them and Omos had to undergo further tests. “But in the process of doing the testing, they found that not only do they have the pituitary tumor, I had a gigantism and I have partial Cushing’s disease, which is very rare. Omos explained.

Moreover, his condition was a unique case in medical history as he had all three types of gigantism, unlike others, including WWE legend André the Giant. Fortunately, the quick intervention by the medical team saved his life. After all the physical struggles he underwent, Omos still managed to accomplish in the squared circle. Currently, he is healthy and doing well and appears on Monday Night RAW.

Omogbehin, at 7ft 3” is the third on the all-time list of tallest WWE superstars only after the late Giant Gonzalez – 8ft and Andre The Giant – 7ft 4″

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/pcb.127986709912873/127986453246232/
Afrotimes Newspaper

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by Highlandgee: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
Omos my gee! I too like this guy!!!!
Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by digitite: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
The Nigerian GIANT Omos.

Did you see his caged fight with the Almighty : Hell in a Cell !

Guys like them make me like wrestling again, eventhough I am a football fan.

Not goddam rock and roll star like Seth "Freaking" Rollings.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by Highlandgee: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
digitite:
The Nigerian GIANT Omos.

Did you see his caged fight with the Almighty : Hell in a Cell !

Guys like them make me like wrestling again, eventhough I am a football fan.

Not goddam rock and roll star like Seth "Freaking" Rollings.

As in!!! I've had to watch that fight over 10 times again!!
Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by digitite: 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
Highlandgee:

As in!!! I've had to watch that fight over 10 times again!!

Based on WWE rules, Omos lost when he threw the almighty out of the cell. There could be a rematch and this time the Almihty is going to hell for real.

Its good to know Omos has some home grown fans.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by Highlandgee: 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
digitite:

Based on WWE rules, Omos lost when he threw the almighty out of the cell. There could be a rematch and this time the Almihty is going to hell for real.

Its good to know Omos has some home grown fans.

True. And Omos would have easily won that fight if not for the rules. He was already beating the hell out of the almighty. Really looking forward to a re-match

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by digitite: 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Highlandgee:

True. And Omos would have easily won that fight if not for the rules. He was already beating the hell out of the almighty. Really looking forward to a re-match

Imagine Omos of 2019 beating the hell out of the oldtimer and deadly weight lifter called the almighty. Yes i would write his initial in small letter 'a', like we sang in pre - nursery and disrespect him in the ring as Omos manager is doing.

I wish Omos would call me in a double to use Rod to break every bones in the stone casted body of the almighty for challenging the NIGERIAN GIANT to a re-match.
Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by Highlandgee: 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Highlandgee:
WWE Star, Omos – real name Toulope ‘Jordan’ Omogbehin, was born in Lagos migrated with his family to the US when he was young.

Omos recently shared with Afrotimes Newspaper the fascinating story of his life and of overcoming a tumor and other health conditions he has overcome.

He attended school/played basketball at Montrose Christian for the 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 school years. He went on to attend and play for the University of South Florida before moving back to Maryland and attending/playing for Morgan State University. His college basketball career spanned from 2012 to 2015.

His WWE debut was in 2019 and his intimidating presence in the ring has brought him success. Omos was at the peak of his popularity when he was the efficacious bodyguard to the ‘Phenomenal’ AJ Styles.

Omos spoke about receiving an email related to a medical finding that he has a tumor in his head. Omos did not believe it until he took an MRI scan and the doctors confirmed it. But that was not the end. When one has a tumor, it changes the hormonal balance in them and Omos had to undergo further tests. “But in the process of doing the testing, they found that not only do they have the pituitary tumor, I had a gigantism and I have partial Cushing’s disease, which is very rare. Omos explained.

Moreover, his condition was a unique case in medical history as he had all three types of gigantism, unlike others, including WWE legend André the Giant. Fortunately, the quick intervention by the medical team saved his life. After all the physical struggles he underwent, Omos still managed to accomplish in the squared circle. Currently, he is healthy and doing well and appears on Monday Night RAW.

Omogbehin, at 7ft 3” is the third on the all-time list of tallest WWE superstars only after the late Giant Gonzalez – 8ft and Andre The Giant – 7ft 4″

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/pcb.127986709912873/127986453246232/
Afrotimes Newspaper
Re: From Lagos To Stardom: Untold Story Of Nigerian WWE Star Omogbehin A.k.a Omos by Highlandgee: 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
For the latest news about happenings in the Nigerian community abroad, read the Afrotimes Newspaper
https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper

(1) (Reply)

False News About Canada Denies Asylum / Uk Visa Packaging For Visiting / Justwise, Suxes2005 (shalom), Vicjustice, Kollinsfbi, Siena, Funkybab All Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.