Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code (687 Views)

I Got A Tech Job In Canada Without Learning How To Code / What's The Best Laptop For Coding / Teach Yourself To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by Kendrickmykell(m): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello people of Tech.

I graduated last year from the university and I've settled to learn coding as my digital skill. After several findings and researches, I decided to learn the full stack of the frontend Development beginning with, of course, HTML and CSS. But I'm actually very skeptical on the choice of laptop to get so I decided to seek the opinion of the tech community here on nairaland.

Note: I know there are the top notch laptops one can get but I'm looking for something relatively less expensive. My budget is #180,000. Your advice and suggestions will be welcomed wholeheartedly. Thank you very much.

-Mykell
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by TNORWAY: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
Tech is the future.....
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by hooge: 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Choice of laptop to use in tech depends on whatever stack you are but basically you whatever laptop you are getting must have:
1. ssd storage space at least 128gb or 256ssd and it increases depending on your stack
2. At least 4gb ram minimum and 8gbram recommended
3. Intel core i5 from 5th gen sha
4. Backlit keyboard i.e keyboard with light beneath the keys.
5. Graphics card either dedicated or integrated,that's if you are going into ui design or game development
And based on your preferred stack which is Frontend dev just get an 8gb ram and 256ssd laptop. I will advice you buy an hp elite book.You can click on this link for check my catalog https:///2348164014304/?text=*Referral*+I%27m+coming+through+*Oyewole*+*Faithor or contact me on 09031766314
Kendrickmykell:
Hello people of Tech.

I graduated last year from the university and I've settled to learn coding as my digital skill. After several findings and researches, I decided to learn the full stack of the frontend Development beginning with, of course, HTML and CSS. But I'm actually very skeptical on the choice of laptop to get so I decided to seek the opinion of the tech community here on nairaland.

Note: I know there are the top notch laptops one can get but I'm looking for something relatively less expensive. My budget is #180,000. Your advice and suggestions will be welcomed wholeheartedly. Thank you very much.

-Mykell

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by genitori(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
hooge:
Choice of laptop to use in tech depends on whatever stack you are but basically you whatever laptop you are getting must have:
1. ssd storage space at least 128gb or 256ssd and it increases depending on your stack
5. Graphics card either dedicated or integrated,that's if you are going into ui design or game development
And based on your preferred stack which is Frontend dev just get an 8gb ram and 256ssd laptop. I will advice you buy an hp elite book.You can click on this link for check my catalog https:///2348164014304/?text=*Referral*+I%27m+coming+through+*Oyewole*+*Faithor or contact me on 09031766314

Hi.
Please, can WeChat in private?
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by sammoe(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nice... I've got one you might be interested in:

HP Pavilion 15-cc0xx
Windows 10
Core i5 7th Generation
12GB RAM 256 SSD ROM
Touchscreen
Backlit keyboard
Bang and Olufsen Audio
Excellent cosmetic condition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by hooge: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
Yes we can message me on 09031766314
genitori:

Hi.
Please, can WeChat in private?
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by Deicide: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
HP Dev one, Lol but seriously.
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by Deicide: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
sammoe:
Nice... I've got one you might be interested in:

HP Pavilion 15-cc0xx
Windows 10
Core i5 7th Generation
12GB RAM 256 SSD ROM
Touchscreen
Backlit keyboard
Bang and Olufsen Audio
Excellent cosmetic condition
How much for just the motherboard?
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by jbreezy: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hmmmm there are lots of budget laptops to get to learn programming. I learnt web dev with the hp folio 9780, i5, 8gb RAM, 256 ssd. Really strong and reliable. Good battery too. An alternative could be an hp probook g3 or a dell latitude E7440.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by sammoe(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deicide:
How much for just the motherboard?

I don't have any reason to sell just the motherboard. Thanks.
Re: What's The Best Laptop To Get To Start Learning How To Code by kaylardz(m): 5:18am On Aug 11, 2022
hooge:
Can I manage core i3 5th generation with 4g RAM for coding??

(1) (Reply)

What Linux Distro Would You Suggest For A Total Beginner / I Want A Career In Software Engineering / Which Of The Compilers Or Interpreters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.