Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) (51857 Views)

Russia, You Can't Eat Your Cake & Have It / What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) / Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
I’d really love to visit Russia one of these days bu God’s grace. I’d like to go there for geography torism.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by themanderon: 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
I felt the chills reading this. Imagine living in a place that is 70degrees below zero. No need for a fridge and everything turns to solid ice. I have watched a documentary about Omyakon. Its like living in another planet. You can barely stay outside for 30mins at a stretch without turning to Olumo ice rock.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by PappyScuti(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
So upon all these, Russia isn't contended with what they have... Definitely Russia is woman in nature

1 Like

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Maghan37: 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
You did a fantastic job bro. Infact, i believe you should be paid for this wonderful PR by the Kremlin. grin grin grin. Good job bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Chopcy29: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
Transcriber:
dem Obi fans are complete dumbos

You get dull brain
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Cousin9999: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by ebonytarki(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bleep ain't big�
Jayrockk:
Russia is big as fxck though
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Abiscodi11: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Would love to tour Russia some day

1 Like

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by AstroHenri(m): 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
dnawah:
russian women are lovely but I fear them,KGB things.

God Bless you for this masterpiece
Exactly what I need urgently ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by AstroHenri(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kikionyemari:
Thay have all this and they are still fighting smaller countries

That smaller country want to invite Enemy to their gate
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Drenimarcus(m): 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
pansophist:
16. Russia has eleven timezone.

17. The longest domestic flight is within Russia. You can literally fly for straight eight hours on air, and you're still in Russia. Meanwhile, it takes about 6 hours to fly from London to Lagos. The country is freaking huge. A size of roughly 18 Nigeria but will less population.

18. Russia is the largest country on earth. Its a transcontinental nation that shares borders with the US in North America, to Scandinavia with Norway and Finland, to South East Asia with North Korea and China, to Europe proper with Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and many more.

19. The whole of North Asia is in Russia, also known as Siberia.

20. Russia (alongside China) are the only country that when it coughs, the US listens.

21. Russia is one of the few countries that can implement something known as "autarky" (self-sufficient). They can literally shut off their country from the outside world, and still exist somehow.

22. Russia is the most sanctioned country on earth, in the history of sanctions, but still stands. Thats autarky my friend. Currently, over five thousand sanctions are actively placed on Russia.

23. Russia is a country of many nations. There are twenty two republics in Russia with their own constitutions, army, Police, and full autonomy, except in areas like currency, foreign policy and similar.

24. Russia's defeat of Hitler in world world two led to the end of second world War. They paid the heaviest price for freedom, by loosing an estimated twenty million men to free Europe from nazi Germany. Because of this sad history, there are more women than men in Russia.

25. Russia is a country with the cheapest land. The government can give you land as big as the whole of Lagos, if you can invest and know what to do with it. They have so much land, they don't know what to do with it.

26. The US state of Alaksa used to be Russian (Alaskiya), but was sold to the Americans in 1867, Alaska is the only reason why the US has a seat in the Arctic Forum, one of US best purchases and perhaps, Russia's biggest regret after the fall of soviet union. Alaska is bigger than Nigeria.

This is so tempting, going to confirm this from my Ruskies friends. If true, na to start farming for Russia and poultry grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by THEREISGODINHEA: 7:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
Why do America sales their weapon through NATO rather than finding lasting solution between the two countries
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Lama70:

You have done wonderfully well. Are you studying Russian, please?
grin grin
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by pansophist(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Drenimarcus:

This is so tempting, going to confirm this from my Ruskies friends. If true, na to start farming for Russia and poultry grin.

Why you think say them need your farm produce? Unless of course you plan to ship it to Africa. Russia is a net exporter of food bro. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by salem1996: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Cazienda:
Someone said Russia is OBIdient...who did this to Nigeria?

grin that guy no well
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Drenimarcus(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
pansophist:

Why you think say them need your farm produce? Unless of course you plan to ship it to Africa. Russia is a net exporter of food bro. grin

Yeah, i meant to export. Russia has land and fertilizers. Let me start formulating my plans. America is slowly digging itself into that Abyss.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by edosignature(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Glory glory glory to mother Russia.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by caye(m): 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
Transcriber:
dem Obi fans are complete dumbos

He meant MIKEL OBI!
OR OBI CUBANA!
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by smart8956: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
No wonder USA is afraid to enter Russia again. From my view, whether you agree or not, USA will never fight a direct war with Russia not even with its allies. The best form is sanctions,but sanctions are not working, Russian currency keep rising. It will be sucide for America to go to war with Russia. That will be the end of USA but not Russia. Russia has more forest,lands,water and ice to absorb radiation. USA not really. I respect Russia and their government if they survive and manage all these thousands of sanctions against them. Sanctioning Russia the whole world look for alternatives. Russia is indeed a mother. Nigerian leaders since 1960 still alive deserves to be jailed or killed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Transcriber: 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Chopcy29:

You get dull brain
I'm smarter than you'll ever be cheesy
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by DECLAN2015(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
OneKinGuy:
Russia ain't perfect, but other countries that are placing sanctions on them ain't Saint either.

I wonder how people though it would be possible to isolated a huge country like Russia, Now they are paying the price with hike in fuel and food prices.

So because they are big ..they should be left alone to misbehave Being big is not by size alone.is also by being responsible.a country that destroy and almost ruin is neighbor is not a responsible country

2 Likes

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by pansophist(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Yeah, i meant to export. Russia has land and fertilizers. Let me start formulating my plans. America is slowly digging itself into that Abyss.

Better move out of that place. America is gone, and only those with eyes can see that. The world has now shifted to multilateralism. A bad times for the yanks.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by bizhop01: 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
You forget to mention that Russia is not just big for nothing like Nigeria cool
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Drenimarcus(m): 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
pansophist:

Better move out of that place. America is gone, and only those with eyes can see that. The world has now shifted to multilateralism. A bad times for the yanks.

Oh sure. I saw the writing on the wall in 2020 and i have been preparing for this. Just need my investments to yield and i am moving my chocolate ass outta here. Thanks brother.
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Russia is a continent
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by Peppysco: 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Russia is OBIDIENT

Putin is not foolish, he is disObidient
Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by gambojimeta: 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
smart8956:
No wonder USA is afraid to enter Russia again. From my view, whether you agree or not, USA will never fight a direct war with Russia not even with its allies. The best form is sanctions,but sanctions are not working, Russian currency keep rising. It will be sucide for America to go to war with Russia. That will be the end of USA but not Russia. Russia has more forest,lands,water and ice to absorb radiation. USA not really. I respect Russia and their government if they survive and manage all these thousands of sanctions against them. Sanctioning Russia the whole world look for alternatives. Russia is indeed a mother. Nigerian leaders since 1960 still alive deserves to be jailed or killed.
CEO of Russia's biggest bank does not agree with you.

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by gambojimeta: 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Oh sure. I saw the writing on the wall in 2020 and i have been preparing for this. Just need my investments to yield and i am moving my chocolate ass outta here. Thanks brother.
Where will you move your choco arse too, Nigeria or Belarus or your dream country Russia tongue

That will be good though. You won't be missed. Just another Nigerian returning to Africa with an expired visa grin, and there are 50 million Nigerians on the queue waiting to replace you. Just ensure you don't let the door hit your choco behind on your way out grin

Some Nigerians like the doctor in Texas below would have wished they moved earlier, or the other thousands of Nigerians excelling in God's own country cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TzW7gNF_Y

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by riczy(m): 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
They have started with this Russia stale crap!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by angelfallz(m): 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
It would actually years for that to happen. America would still be the country opportunities for a while.
pansophist:

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by etrange: 11:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
pansophist:

The world is shifting to multilateralism and that means America is gone? I'm curious, which country would you advise the person to go to today to directly benefit from this multilateralism?

People are in the US not because it's called the world power but because of what they can gain at the individual level. So if you consider the US gone, where would you advise him to go to? Have you experienced the US market in any way? Do you know why the country is called the land of opportunities?

Please, let's not mislead people on this platform out of sentiment. If things will change, they haven't yet. The US is not gone and it will take decades for that statement to ever be true.

1 Like

Re: 15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) by dapoRead: 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
[s]
buJu234:
Russia is a blessed Land but cursed with bad leaders

just like African countries

Right from the days of Ivan the terrible till date..
[/s]

Ode, you get light? Everyone in Russia has running light 24 hours non stop....
U just open mouth and talk nonsense..

RUssia is even helping others build Nuclear power plants for power generation. They are helping EGypt as we speak in such a deal.

You get healthcare in Nigeria? Education nko?
ZERO.
In everything Russia beat the west hands down.

You re too propagandized.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bus Drivers & Conductors In Kenya Pray Every Morning (photos) / US Government Starts Building Border Wall / Heavy Security At Presidential Palace Gambia As Barrow Returns Home Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.