Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,833 members, 7,841,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. (1808 Views)

Onitsha was founded by Edo Prince.(by Nnamdi Azikiwe the zik of Africa) / Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Amaechi’s Deputy Defects To PDP, Says “APC Is A Party Of Rebels, Founded On.." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by bashr4: 6:13am On Jul 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

Stop being a fool. Take some time to read and comprehend what is written there. If you doubt what I say, then go buy a copy of that book mentioned and read through it. Or do some research of your own. Why do you think Awo could afford free education in the West but a similar measure failed in the East?

All boils down to money.

this free education you people keep talking about was not only in the west , my mum attended WTC in enugu and it was free, also her teaching college was also free so stop this rubbish claims, 40 percent of eastern funds where invested in education too , you cant rewrite history my friend.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by Onlytruth(m): 6:14am On Jul 22, 2011
Posted by: okada_man

[b]@Onlytruth, that dude @ekt is telling you the truth, Even the report confirmed it, Cocoa was the mainstay then, [/b]it you have different data present it.

In any case, this is not about Igbos, it is about a very stuuuupid man called Azikiwe with inferiority complex, thinking he's smart, that Zik man probably pushed Ifeajuna and co to plan the 1966 coup after the saw that he messed up.

Ojukwu was probably encouraged then deserted by that Zik. Azikiwe had no love or respect for Igbos, he only loved his own ego, the same problem is still there today with Obasanjo and all these other fake nationalists. We need to SNC or a referendum, we are managing a nation founded on lies and deceit with the same deceitful divide and rule method, that's why it's not working.

No, he is wrong because he forgets that there was still the Lagos factor even then. A lot of other Nigerians lived in Lagos just like today. The influence of Lagos alone, or proximity to Lagos alone could sway things that way. Lagos was a microcosm of Nigerians and had steady federal money flowing in from all parts of Nigeria too. That was how Lagos sea port and airport was built.
In any case, the Western region DID NOT contribute more than 44% of national output if you want to see it literally. The region also never paid more than 50% of its revenue to the center.
It is well known fact that the west took off before others in education. The East was in hot pursuit and caught up just before the war.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by Onlytruth(m): 6:19am On Jul 22, 2011
. . And today we have overtaken them in education. cool
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by Onlytruth(m): 6:21am On Jul 22, 2011
I'm still mad at Zik though, 'cos he lacked vision. Completely.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by bashr4: 6:22am On Jul 22, 2011
awolowo might have had the interest of yorubas at heart but zik had the interest of black people at heart that was why he didnt see things in a tribal way and we wonder why he was called zik of africa while awolowo was called asuwaju of yorubaland.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by ektbear: 6:23am On Jul 22, 2011
You guys are high as a kite.

I repeat, you were as poor as the North per capita:

21 for North, 21 for East, 34 for West. 61% wealthier per capita than North or East.

Whether you want to blame some "Lagos factor" on this (as if you would have contributed much money to building Lagos before the time, given that your Eastern region had by far the smallest economy grin ) makes no difference to me.

In any case, in 1952, it is not even clear to me that the city was subsidized by the regions (at least if you subtract off port revenue).

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by Chintua: 6:42am On Jul 22, 2011
Who cares? undecided

Oh well.
The UNITED States of America was founded on Indian bones, blood, sweat and grime.
Or should we mention African Imported Slaves from the Trans-Atlantic.

Did it stop them from progressing?

What exactly is your point?

America nor tell lies for Iraq?

Abeg go ride ya Okada jeje. . . make we hia word.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by okadaman2: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

keep insulting him he is the reason Nigeria exists that he made us one does not mean he will be around forever to ensure we don't derail. your mad at him because he wanted Lagos to be like washington but i bet your in a white mans land right now licking their Bottom. which is better for you a Nigeria that is developed as Zik wanted or a pan African nation like the one you have now or Somalia that keep depending on handouts from white people. stop sounding silly even the western world got most of its civilization from the Muslim east east and African civilization , guess they are also licking Bottom.

Bashr4, you don't know where I'm posting from, lets stick with what we know.

I'm also a victim of Nigeria I have right to be angry at my leaders, dead or alive, that is why legacy is very important, I have nothing but love for my Igbos, they did nothing wrong, even Ojukwu's struggle has my sympathy in principle, I may not like his method, but he was fighting for self-determination and protection for his people.

A nation that started without any sense of belonging or was built on a facade of "one Nigeria" is bound to fail, I don't hate Azikiwe but I will call our leaders out anytime I feel like it, their decisions are still affecting me as a Nigerian till today.  He lacked vision. that is the truth.

Onlytruth:

Posted by: okada_man

No, he is wrong because he forgets that there was still the Lagos factor even then. A lot of other Nigerians lived in Lagos just like today. The influence of Lagos alone, or proximity to Lagos alone could sway things that way. Lagos was a microcosm of Nigerians and had steady federal money flowing in from all parts of Nigeria too. That was how Lagos sea port and airport was built.
In any case, the Western region DID NOT contribute more than 44% of national output if you want to see it literally. The region also never paid more than 50% of its revenue to the center.
It is well known fact that the west took off before others in education. The East was in hot pursuit and caught up just before the war.

Bros, this is a serous matter, lets not play around with it, Federal money did not come into lagos until much later and it was initially Ibadan's and Western Cocoa money anyway.

Lets not confuse the teenagers on this website, they need to learn. Lagos had a smaller population in 1954 compared to Ibadan and some other big major cities, It was a strategic place but not like it is today. I bet Enugu and Onicha had more people.

Azikiwe should have listened to Awolowo, Culture and togetherness is more important than the Faux unity he was seeking, great Nations are built on strong cultural and ideological grounds, not deceit.

The people needed a strong identity to initially rally around. He should have gone east to strengthen his people, but he focused on the wrong area. the British made the same false unity mistake in 1914. South Sudan is a good example of the result of that error today.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by okadaman2: 6:54am On Jul 22, 2011
Chintua:

Who cares? undecided

Oh well.
The UNITED States of America was founded on Indian bones, blood, sweat and grime.

I care.

America can go to blazes!

This is about our people, America had the luxury of a single dominant cultute and ideology, we did not have that, What they did to the indians and other was bad but they had total control!! One Nation, One culture, One religion, one dominant ethnic group.

Nigeria's case was different, even at independence, it was clear that we were not the same and not united. We should have respected those differences and not push for a forced faux unity.

Lastma don seize my Okada, I go collect am back tomorrow, I wan rest bodi for hia tonite grin

You sef comot road make I tock my own, abi I dey block ya market? undecided wink
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by seanet02: 6:58am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

awolowo might have had the interest of yorubas at heart but zik had the interest of black people at heart that was why he didnt see things in a tribal way and we wonder why he was called zik of africa while awolowo was called asuwaju of yorubaland.

+1 Awolowo have the interest of Yoruba in heart as he has the foresight that neocolonialism will not allow the African countries to be United.  Zik with all his education can not comprehend what the Future will be. Total waste of all his fanfare education
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by Dede1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

You guys are high as a kite.

I repeat, you were as poor as the North per capita:

21 for North, 21 for East, 34 for West. 61% wealthier per capita than North or East.

Whether you want to blame some "Lagos factor" on this (as if you would have contributed much money to building Lagos before the time, given that your Eastern region had by far the smallest economy grin ) makes no difference to me.

In any case, in 1952, it is not even clear to me that the city was subsidized by the regions (at least if you subtract off port revenue).

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

The gauge of application of wealth you posted within the regions during the time in question was more academics than substance with respect to cash crop such as cocoa. Timber contributed more to the winded wealth of the western region than cocoa. Remember that Lagos was official British colonial headquarter and housed most of British, European and American economic establishments.

During the same period in the 50s, eastern region was quietly ascending the ladder of wealth. One wonders where the so-called wealth of western region was stored when Shell D’arcy requested capital to continue the exploration of crude oil in southern protectorate about 1951. Ironically western region and Awolowo pleaded poverty to the cause of continuous crude oil exploration in the protectorate. However, when eastern region was declared the most priced estate in the entire British Empire after 1956, Awolowo and western region went to work to destabilize it.
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by Arosa(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

@alj harem

I will soon withdraw the certificate of intelligence I gave you in the thread you argued with ZNO.
You are sounding dumber and dumber by the day, I will soon add you to my list of certified m0r0ns on nairaland.  cool

Abuja is the Federal capital territory, and the FG does not consult with northern leaders before appoint an FCT minister.
Stop chewing grass.

How come all FCT ministers are all from the north?
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by aljharem(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

. . And today we have overtaken them in education. cool

wrong

bashr4:

this free education you people keep talking about was not only in the west , my mum attended WTC in enugu and it was free, also her teaching college was also free so stop this rubbish claims, 40 percent of eastern funds where invested in education too , you cant rewrite history my friend.

wrong, there was free education in the east for 3 yrs and then failed
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by ak47mann(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
Chintua:

Who cares? undecided

Oh well.

i feel your position you set am well well the way you bend over my body dey do me one kind kiss ehmm can i enter the place tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by aljharem(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Oi0aVR4YkmUC&pg=PA216&lpg=PA216&dq=azikiwe%27s+free+education+policy+in+the+East&source=bl&ots=xlneA2S1nK&sig=BVAegkOE9LCc8lhpMa6TRXWbLVI&hl=en&ei=6TbpTam6MseY8QPz_KmYAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CD4Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false
Re: Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies. by ektbear: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
Dede1:

The gauge of application of wealth you posted within the regions during the time in question was more academics than substance with respect to cash crop such as cocoa. Timber contributed more to the winded wealth of the western region than cocoa.
Timber?  grin Hehe, do you even believe these lies that you are writing? You've made this claim, back it up with data. Note that I can prove it wrong myself with data from this aforementioned book, but first let's even see whether you've pulled this out of your @ss or not.

Remember that Lagos was official British colonial headquarter and housed most of British, European and American economic establishments.
Hehe. That was the GDP/capita of the Western Region, not Lagos, which was a separate municipality.

During the same period in the 50s, eastern region was quietly ascending the ladder of wealth. One wonders where the so-called wealth of western region was stored when Shell D’arcy requested capital to continue the exploration of crude oil in southern protectorate about 1951. Ironically western region and Awolowo pleaded poverty to the cause of continuous crude oil exploration in the protectorate. However, when eastern region was declared the most priced estate in the entire British Empire after 1956, Awolowo and western region went to work to destabilize it.
Hehe. Oil is all that the East has of value. 95% found outside of the SE zone. You are incorrect in stating that Awo attempted to destabilize it. But by the end of the of the civil war, with the oil-rich territories carved away from Biafra, that was the end result anyway, yes? grin

Anyway, you guys can continue to parambulate as much as you like. #s do not lie  cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

2222 / Breaking News..imo State Deputy Governor's Senior Aide Kidnapped In Owerri / Where Is Dora Akunyili?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.