Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Help!! Have I Been Scammed - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help!! Have I Been Scammed (1920 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise / How Can I Trace A Car Dealer Who Scammed Me. / As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Have I Been Scammed by dexla(f): 12:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Please help!!!

A friend recommended someone to help with tokunbo car in April, I won the bid on iaai site on 19th April.
According to the agent, the car is yet to be cleared by customs since April and has no idea when it would be cleared for shipping.

He also claimed that he's using sallahu shipping line which has a major backlog. Grimaldi was the 1st option but mentioned the car had fuel pump issues and may be rejected by grimaldi so he is using sallahu.

I just want to ask if this make any sense to tokunbo importers. I'm just soo confused with these stories. The fact that it's not even scheduled for shipping is worrisome and he also can't give a time range of when to expect the car. Help ooo biko, make I know how to sort myself instead of waiting endlessly
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Balistic4: 12:50am On Jun 18, 2022
when it is too good to be true, it probably is

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by adasi678: 1:32am On Jun 18, 2022
Call me 08124495030.I can help you out
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Burger01(m): 3:27am On Jun 18, 2022
Where is this friend shipping from, I mean what State?

Sallaum line stopped shipping from Boston due to government clamp on their operations.

Use the link below to track Sallaum Shipping schedule from US to West Africa.

https://sallaumlines.com/schedules/us-to-west-africa/

1 Like

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by austinceasar(m): 3:36am On Jun 18, 2022
dexla:
Please help!!!

A friend recommended someone to help with tokunbo car in April, I won the bid on iaai site on 19th April.
According to the agent, the car is yet to be cleared by customs since April and has no idea when it would be cleared for shipping.

He also claimed that he's using sallahu shipping line which has a major backlog. Grimaldi was the 1st option but mentioned the car had fuel pump issues and may be rejected by grimaldi so he is using sallahu.

I just want to ask if this make any sense to tokunbo importers. I'm just soo confused with these stories. The fact that it's not even scheduled for shipping is worrisome and he also can't give a time range of when to expect the car. Help ooo biko, make I know how to sort myself instead of waiting endlessly

When you said you "won the bid".... you mean you paid already??
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by dexla(f): 6:13am On Jun 18, 2022
Yes I paid after he sent an invoice I won the bid.
austinceasar:

When you said you "won the bid".... you mean you paid already??
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by osato45: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2022
Excuse back and fort only means you may have been scammed
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by dexla(f): 7:08am On Jun 18, 2022
Galveston Texas

Burger01:
Where is this friend shipping from, I mean what State?

Sallaum line stopped shipping from Boston due to government clamp on their operations.

Use the link below to track Sallaum Shipping schedule from US to West Africa.

https://sallaumlines.com/schedules/us-to-west-africa/
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by saintopus(m): 8:02am On Jun 18, 2022
I dey look for money to feed my family. Small money I don't have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by austinceasar(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2022
dexla:

Yes I paid after he sent an invoice I won the bid.

I don't know how shipping of cars work in Texas work, but some cars I've sold were shipped from Canada (and they do take months sometimes before clearing & shipping).

I know April to june seems like a long time...but keep calm, get enough info on the agent as you can (since your friend recommended him, he should know one or two about the agent).

Some excuses are genuine, but the agent should be able to give you a time frame @least in order to ease your tension.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Onyx2T(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2022
dexla:
Galveston Texas

Smile.
I don't think you've been scammed yet, shipping through Freeport Texas is a nightmare, it takes a very long time to clear customs, secondly it takes a long time for it to load most especially if it's a non runner vehicle, I've had cars sit down for months at the port before loading in Texas, Next time avoid Texas port for Sallaum because their loading order is terrible.
Send me the vin of this vehicle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Anchor84: 8:19am On Jun 18, 2022
Galveston has been Closed since almost 2years not if I’m not mistaken,only Freeport Works in Texas for now.even the camry I bought last month nd was shipped Frm Texas has sailed which I collect the Bill laden yesterday.can u ask him for the Bill Laden or probably gv the VIN for tracking since it’s Sallaum Lines.
dexla:
Galveston Texas

1 Like

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by tempex88(m): 8:23am On Jun 18, 2022
Share VIN of the car
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by dexla(f): 8:32am On Jun 18, 2022
JTMZD31V886076839

Is it possible to move to another port now
Onyx2T:

Smile.
I don't think you've been scammed yet, shipping through Freeport Texas is a nightmare, it takes a very long time to clear customs, secondly it takes a long time for it to load most especially if it's a non runner vehicle, I've had cars sit down for months at the port before loading in Texas, Next time avoid Texas port for Sallaum because their loading order is terrible.
Send me the vin of this vehicle
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Piptocoin: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2022
dexla:
Please help!!!

Lady, there is one way you can never get scammed in this life — never believe what you hear or 'see' especially online or offline. Go through the normal and regular process to acquire something of great value where you will actively inspect, test, and receive legal documents of ownership. All scammers always seek a different way to make transactions with people that does not include you possessing the object of transaction. It is "them first" but trusted sellers will initiate an Escrow service to prove they are genuine. From all indications, you have been scammed. Involve the police or approach the bank of the scammer so they can freeze it.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Piptocoin: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2022
okay...since someone who has more experience in the biz thinks it is not a scam with valid reasons I hope it turns out to be true.
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by shamsin6300(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2022
May God punish all the scammers.
Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by Onyx2T(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
dexla:

JTMZD31V886076839

Is it possible to move to another port now
Okay.
I tracked the vin and it's a 2008 Toyota RAV4 limited,
The vehicle has been delivered to the port and has cleared customs.
It's on load order and will be shipped to Lagos soon.
You just have to hold on a little while, next time buy your cars close to Maryland, new Jersey, New York , etc.
Texas shipping for Sallaum requires patience because most sallaum ships load from Texas first before going to other ports, so before it loads from Texas again it takes time.

I will update if I have any information on the vehicle shipment

9 Likes

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by chukel(m): 10:45pm On Jun 18, 2022
dexla:
Please help!!!

you shouldn't be worried. Just get the VIN of the car and track it on sallaum website. If it has been received, you have no issues.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by dexla(f): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Thank you so much. You guys have been so helpful going as far as helping me track it. Someone also posted his number whom I called and gave me the same details you did even more precise.
You guys are the best �.

Onyx2T:

Okay.
You just have to hold on a little while, next time buy your cars close to Maryland, new Jersey, New York , etc.
Texas shipping for Sallaum requires patience because most sallaum ships load from Texas first before going to other ports, so before it loads from Texas again it takes time.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Have I Been Scammed by lereinter(m): 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
Onyx2T:

Okay.

Nice.

Can you teach me this business

(1) (Reply)

Registered Mitsubishi Pajero 2012 For Sale / Super Clean 2008 Upgraded To 2012 Used Benz C300 4matic / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.