Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa (18673 Views)

‘We won’t join you in APC’ — Ebonyi lawmakers tackle Umahi over defection / Crises Brew In NASS Over Tenure Of Clerk, Others / NASS Elections: Court Orders NASS Clerk, Others To Use Open Ballot System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Islie: 5:09am On Jun 18, 2022

Ifeanyi Okowa, governor of Delta State and vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has vowed not to join issues with the Southern and Middle Belt leaders who expressed disapproval with his acceptance to be PDP’s presidential running mate for Atiku Abubakar.

Speaking on Arise TV on Friday, the former Senator said while he respects those leaders and their opinions, they should understand that he is a politician who belongs to a political party, and that he is bound to respect the decisions of that party.

This came shorty after a group of southern and Middle Belt leaders including the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders’ Forum (SMBLF), the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF); Afenifere; the Middle Belt Forum and the Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide, described his acceptance of the vice-presidential candidacy as “treacherous and despicable.”

The demand of Southern governors of power shift was held at a meeting which Okowa hosted in Asaba, capital of Delta.

In theor criticism of Okowa, the Southern leaders said Okowa would not have teamed up with former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar if truly he was committed to power shift.

While responding, Okowa said since the party had already elected Atiku from North as the presidential flag bearer, the right thing is for the emergence of a southern running mate to avoid situations that could “lead us further into divisions in this country.”

He said, “I want to respect our leaders, I believe that they have their opinions, and I also believe that they are well-meaning leaders. So, I won’t join issues with them. But the important thing is that I belong to a political party and I was part of the decisions of that political party, and we did agree that the best pathway to rescue this nation was to throw the presidential race open in our party.

“And having agreed upon Atiku Abubakar, the former vice president, the honour is now for us to support him since we can’t have a president from the North and also a vice president from the North. That would lead us further into divisions in this country, and we are talking about rebuilding this nation, and to a very large extent, we have to take the right decisions. And within our party, I think that having submitted myself to be a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, I will have to submit myself to the decisions of the party and that’s what has happened.

“That doesn’t mean it’s a disrespect for the views of those leaders. They are leaders I respect so much, but under this condition, they have to understand that I have committed myself to the PDP. I am a politician. If I were not a politician, it might be different. I am a politician and I am entitled to my views.

“I want to appeal to them that they need to actually look at this issues as it’s, that while we are making our comment as it concerns Nigeria at this time that we have crises within the nation, the rebuilding process is that we need to rebuild confidence. And in rebuilding confidence, we have to be very cautious about the stance that the take. We have to be cautious about what we do. We need to understand that the unity of this nation is important and we need to move forward from wherever we are at the moment.”

https://dailytrust.com/southern-presidency-i-wont-join-issues-with-clerk-others-okowa

7 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by pyyxxaro: 5:10am On Jun 18, 2022
Make una beg OKOWA and SHERIFF, there just de collect steady loans in billions

Even the House if Assembly members aren’t saying anything because they are getting their share in Dollars embarassed

I don’t think Okowa has done anything wrong by accepting that VP position undecided

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Abdul05: 5:15am On Jun 18, 2022
do the right thing.... grin balance the power

This is one of many reasons why Nigerianisation is proceeding slowly in Nigeria... grin grin

243 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by alsudan: 5:16am On Jun 18, 2022
Shut up backstabbing Horce Teeth

This man will not get 30 percent votes for PDP in Delta State, not to talk of other SS states.

Just a worthless VP candidate who was compensated for betraying the Asaba declaration he himself hosted.

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Ebubu4: 5:16am On Jun 18, 2022
But the important thing is that I belong to a political party and I was part of the decisions of that political party, and we did agree that the best pathway to rescue this nation was to throw the presidential race open in our party

After you had convened and hosted in your state, a meeting of all Southern Governors for presidency to be zoned to the South.

246 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Nigeria system of democracy is bad.
if truely ahmad lawan name was list as yobe north senatorial candidate instead of machina, you snatched someone else mandate to give to another person because you want him to remain in power, then we have lost it.
This is not democracy.
APC & BUHARI's GOVERMENT IS A DISGRACE.
What gives assurance that the 2023 general election will not be rigged in favour of their candidate?
Buhari after you leave office come 2023, you will never have peace of mind in jesus name. AMEN

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Tulsaguy: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Wicked Wike right now. grin grin

After all the gragra.... The surest thing to do now na to shamelessly decamp. Because, if APC wins next election and Ameachi still find a foothold on important position in Jagaban govt, hell go get AC pass where Ameachi go put Wicked Wike.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by triple996(m): 5:24am On Jun 18, 2022
All these name calling won't change anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Baawaa(m): 5:26am On Jun 18, 2022
Okowa and household enemies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by saucespecies: 5:29am On Jun 18, 2022
No need for unnecessary noises. We all have the right to reject any aspirant we don't like with our PVC.

In terms of performance, okowa did not do anything meaningful in delta state. His appointment may be for political reasons and not performance-based.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by muykem: 5:29am On Jun 18, 2022
We don't have problem since your party is not going anywhere.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Mokason288(m): 5:31am On Jun 18, 2022
Azsalami:
Nigeria system of democracy is bad.
if truely ahmad lawan name was list as yobe north senatorial candidate instead of machina, you snatched someone else mandate to give to another person because you want him to remain in power, then we have lost it.
This is not democracy.
APC & BUHARI's GOVERMENT IS A DISGRACE.
What gives assurance that the 2023 general election will not be rigged in favour of their candidate?
Buhari after you leave office come 2023, you will never have peace of mind in jesus name. AMEN

Seconded

BUhari is evil ,

We should continue to pray that another Evil in form of TINUBU shouldn’t happen to Nigeria a second time

2 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Honor10: 5:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Don't worry, you and Atiku are going nowhere next year.

244 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Felimax(m): 5:40am On Jun 18, 2022
Nigerians against Okowa are mad.

So Okowa is now PDP that threw open their party ticket?

So, where were these set of people when Atiku got the Presidential ticket? Was there any protest from these people?

You all celebrated PDP Atiku when he won and yet you suddenly don't want a vice for him. Very useless set of people.

If truly the Igbos are not hypocrites why are most of you guys not supporting Okowa? Ok, maybe he is not an Igbo after all.

Okowa, is not the reason Peter Obi left the PDP or the reason Wike was not picked, so what is all the fumes about him been a betrayal?

You guys should have some sense else an epileptic old man who has no vision for this beautiful country other than his dream to be president will end up been your president and we all will pay dearly for it.

We should not allow the schemes of the SATANIC party in power affect our sense of decorum.

Okowa is a goal!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 18, 2022
grin grin grin

The furniture in Delta states government house now trying to form importance!

Okowa should be ashamed of himself!

That despite huge allocation and average IGR, he is still struggling to outperform Yobe State governor.

The insult is that, Okowa still seeks relevance, despite is world renowned failure!

These are proven facts that humans don’t have sincere conscience. Cos ordinarily, if okowa was sincere to himself and Delta state people, he should be contemplating suicide as at now.

Damn! I am not pained by his failures! I am pained that he still has the guts and effrontery to talk.

Almighty God has been a patient God. If humans were God’s! Thunder would have killed Okowa wayback 2018

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by DipWire: 5:45am On Jun 18, 2022
Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this, so it's suitable for 9-5ers

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application. My WhatsApp contact - Zero Seven Zero Five Four Zero One Fourteen Fifty-Four

Good Luck
Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Quest7777: 5:47am On Jun 18, 2022
Don't see anything wrong in accepting the vp. It was the position of President not VP that they all agreed to go to South.
So they should channel their aggression to Southern delegates that worked for the emergence of Atiku as flag bearer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Penguin2: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2022
How can someone be both ugly and shameless at the same time?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 18, 2022
No mind them ... Na only them waka come?
Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Moferere: 5:53am On Jun 18, 2022
pyyxxaro:

Even the House if Assembly members aren’t saying anything because they are getting their share in Dollars embarassed

I don’t think Okowa has done anything wrong by accepting that VP position undecided
Did you see the latest one? ₦25 billion to plant palm tree

243 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 18, 2022
Penguin2:
How can someone be both ugly and shameless at the same time?

It’s worrisome!

That Okowa has effrontery to still talk where national affairs are being discussed, is insulting and ridiculing.

Of Okowa had a conscience, he should be presently thinking of peaceful ways to commit suicide, and not involving in politics.

An absolute failure with no iota of shame!

He should be the the vice of Peter Obi since they both absolute failure in governance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by donleo92(m): 6:08am On Jun 18, 2022
i see everything wrong with what okowa did.
but I still don't see it wrong. but wike should just move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Localemperor: 6:23am On Jun 18, 2022
SARSCoV2:
grin grin grin

The furniture in Delta states government house now trying to form importance!

Okowa should be ashamed of himself!

That despite huge allocation and average IGR, he is still struggling to outperform Yobe State governor.
Hu
The insult is that, Okowa still seeks relevance, despite is world renowned failure!

This are proven facts that humans don’t have sincere conscience. Cos ordinarily, if okowa was sincere to himself and Delta state people, he should be contemplating suicide as at now.

Damn! I am not pained by his failures! I am pained that he still has the guts and effrontery to talk.

Almighty God has been a patient God. If humans were God’s! Thunder would have killed Okowa wayback 2018
bottom line is that you are pained by his progress

1 Like

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:24am On Jun 18, 2022
Ugly man...

Why isn't Atiku your vice..?

Are you blind or dumb to the fact Buhari is Northerner that will blast 8years.

You want another Northern presidency when Northerners don't even want it ,all for equity...Very stoopid big teeth fellow.

But your personal ambition came 1st over southern interests...Southerners will cook food for you and your family that you can never finish

TueH

14 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Localemperor: 6:25am On Jun 18, 2022
Felimax:
Nigerians against Okowa are mad.

So Okowa is now PDP that threw open their party ticket?

So, where were these set of people when Atiku got the Presidential ticket? Was there any protest from these people?

You all celebrated PDP Atiku when he won and yet you suddenly don't want a vice for him. Very useless set of people.

If truly the Igbos are not hypocrites why are most of you guys not supporting Okowa? Ok, maybe he is not an Igbo after all.

Okowa, is not the reason Peter Obi left the PDP or the reason Wike was not picked, so what is all the fumes about him been a betrayal?

You guys should have some sense else an epileptic old man who has no vision for this beautiful country other than his dream to be president will end up been your president and we all will pay dearly for it.

We should not allow the schemes of the SATANIC party in power affect our sense of decorum.

Okowa is a goal!
how you were able to bring Igbos into this fold is so amazing!

PANDAF,MIDDLE BELT,AFANIRE AND OHANAEZE made a statement jointly and somehow you were able narrow it to "Igbos not liking Okowa"... Na was oo

Ifeanyi Okowa is an Igbo man and he has our blessing...

10 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by ajekpaks(m): 6:25am On Jun 18, 2022
okay
Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by chrisxxx(m): 6:26am On Jun 18, 2022
pyyxxaro:

Okowa a complete betrayal. If Okowa had supported the leading light from south then after the primary decided to pick the VP from the winning side there would have been no issue. But Okowa persuaded Wike to contest. Wike went all out shouting like a mad dog which is the only right the minority has in a democracy only for Okowa to betray him. If Wike doesn't shout who would know that a minority like him exist? Those who didn't shout like Udom and Ayim how many votes did they get? Okowa and his likes will one day find out what they have done.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Isokiscool(m): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2022
alsudan:
Shut up backstabbing Horce Teeth

This man will not get 30 percent votes for PDP in Delta State, not to talk of other SS states.

Just a worthless VP candidate who was compensated for betraying the Asaba declaration he himself hosted.
Asaba declaration was just about Tinubu presidency.I would have taken it serious if APC had zoned it's presidency to d south east.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Isokiscool(m): 6:29am On Jun 18, 2022
chrisxxx:
Okowa a complete betrayal. If Okowa had supported the leading light from south then after the primary decided to pick the VP from the winning side there would have been no issue. But Okowa persuaded Wike to contest. Wike went all out shouting like a mad dog which is the only right the minority has in a democracy only foe Okowa to betray him. Okowa and his likes will one day find out what they have done.
y are u guys fooling urselves,even wike is also a betrayal for not agreeing to zone it to d south east

6 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by chrisxxx(m): 6:32am On Jun 18, 2022
Isokiscool:
y are u guys fooling urselves,even wike is also a betrayal for not agreeing to zone it to d south east
As far as 2023 presidency is concerned in terms of zoning both south east and south south have zoning claim to it.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa by Isokiscool(m): 6:33am On Jun 18, 2022
SARSCoV2:

It’s worrisome!

That Okowa has effrontery to still talk where national affairs are being discussed, is insulting and ridiculing.

Of Okowa had a conscience, he should be presently thinking of peaceful ways to commit suicide, and not involving in politics.

An absolute failure with no iota of shame!

He should be the the vice of Peter Obi since they both absolute failure in governance.
All this Tinubu rats will never cease to amaze me,una propaganda no dey work again.getat

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

22 Reasons Why Buhari Can Never Rule Nigeria / Alleged Certificate Forgery, Perjury: Kaduna Forum Wants Shehu Sani Suspended / Akiolu Accuses Buhari Of Killing Police As Military Dictator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.