Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,890 members, 7,828,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders (857 Views)

SE Presidency: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi / South-South Leaders Berate Buhari Over "Dot In A Circle" Statement / South Leaders To Malami: Why Is Amotekun Illegal & Hisbah Legal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Edge247: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2022
Following the announcement, some groups accused Okowa of betraying the Southern part of the country.

I’m from the south-south and an Igbo man - Ifeanyi Okowa to South-South Leader

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential running mate, Ifeanyi Okowa, says he is an Igbo man and part of the Southeast.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmAP27v9WE

Okowa, who is the governor of Delta State, said his emergence as the PDP presidential running mate does not stop the Igbos from agitating for the presidency.

He spoke on Friday evening while featuring on Arise TV, in response to the reaction of many political pundits regarding his ethnicity.

According to Okowa: “Being from the South-South, I’m also an Igbo man.

“I fit into all the divides. My brothers in the South-East, I’m part of them. I’m also part of the South-South.

“But this does not stop the agitation in the future for the Igbos to have the presidency of this country.”

Okowa is an ‘Ika’ from the Owa-Alero community in Delta State.

Ika is a subgroup of the Igbo tribe and is predominantly found in Delta and Edo States.

The PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar had unveiled Okowa as his running mate on Wednesday.

Following the announcement, some groups accused Okowa of betraying the Southern part of the country.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/18/2023-presidency-im-an-igbo-man-part-of-southeast-okowa/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ce8I_XLD8q7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Two02: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2022
If he says he's Igbo then he's Igbo who is anyone to determine someone's ethnicity.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Fahdiga(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2022
Yeah. Igbo man on paper right? To insult this man de hungry me but I'll keep quiet cool

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by k3ng: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2022
Okowa is a proud Igboman and we Igbo people are proud of him. He is our beloved son in whom we are well pleased.
We Igbos will give him full support as our son and he is sure of 20 millions votes from Igbos across the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by k3ng: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2022
Fahdiga:
Yeah. Igbo man on paper right? To insult this man de hungry me but I'll keep quiet cool
Okowa always made it clear he is an Igboman. He once said that there's nothing like Delta Igbo that Igbo is Igbo. He introduced Igbo language in the whole schools in Delta North. His town Owa are proud of their Igbo roots. Fews months back Obi of Owa hosted Eze NRI at his palace.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Tradernaija1: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2022
k3ng:

Okowa always made it clear he is an Igboman. He once said that there's nothing like Delta Igbo that Igbo is Igbo. He introduced Igbo language in the whole schools in Delta North. His town Owa are proud of their Igbo roots. Fews months back Obi of Owa hosted Eze NRI at his palace.
Provide proof.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2022
Tradernaija1:

Provide proof.
He actually did

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by jimyjames(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2022
Fahdiga:
Why are you pained ? Is it now a crime for an igbo man to say I'm igbo? Why will you want to harm an igbo man for calling himself igbo?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Yooruba1914: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2022
Watch ipob attack him for his igboness. Politics of bitterness and tribalism. Meanwhile atiku is the incoming president.

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Okowa never denied his race & identity. Igbo is Igbo whether they're found in Benue, Edo , Rivers or Delta e.t.c.
I wish him goodluck even though I'm an Obidient student.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Cypress042(m): 11:10am On Jun 18, 2022
grin grin grin grin Even people claiming to be south south vibe with south east.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Oplomo: 11:12am On Jun 18, 2022
Ifeanyi have always been proud of his Igbo roots. He ensured Igbo language is studied and spoken in schools in Asaba and sponspors Radio Igbo programs promoting Igbo language on Voice of delta. No one can deny him his Igbo roots.

Unlike the other drunk fool in Rivers state who thinks money can be greater than ethnicity in the Nigerian polity..He is now licking his wounds.

If Wike hadn't been a stupid garullous man, the Easterners in PDP would have stood by him and made concessions to him in the absence of Obi whom he insulted in Anambra.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Realdon1(m): 11:16am On Jun 18, 2022
E no concern me Okowa. Even if u want, be an Ibibio or Iboman.
I'm an OBIdient boy of Peter.
Inshallah.
I'm reporting from Kebbi state.
We don tire for old cargos

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Ebubu4: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2022
okowa has never denied being igbo anyway and deltans claim he introduced igbo language in delta north senatorial zone's public schools and asaba schools.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Creamypie(m): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2022
See as this thief dey deceive Una because of vote. Okowa na ikA man from owa alero. We are now obedient in delta. Okowa is a thief. He belongs to 1999 set
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Ifeanyi has never denied being Igbo!.
I don't know why children of fallen demons are not happy about a man identifying with his people!
Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Isokiscool(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2022
Creamypie:
See as this thief dey deceive Una because of vote. Okowa na ikA man from owa alero. We are now obedient in delta. Okowa is a thief. He belongs to 1999 set
Are u aware omon Agege is also a member of d 1999 set also??

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Bluntguy: 11:49am On Jun 18, 2022
We will never deny our brother, Ifeanyi. Ezenwa Onyesom Nwike used to also be our brother until he denied his Igbo heritage. But, both of them should be OBIdient.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I’m An Igbo Man, Part Of Southeast–okowa To South-South Leaders by Creamypie(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2022
Isokiscool:
Are u aware omon Agege is also a member of d 1999 set also??
sure.we even share same backyard at orogun too. He's a thief too

(1) (Reply)

2023. Photos Of Labour Party Rally In Isiala-Ngwa,Abia State / I Don't Believe In One Nigeria - Tinubu / We Want Restructuring Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.