Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec (950 Views)

40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland / 60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Beautiful Igbo Names For Baby Boys And Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by Arinzeemmy21: 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
I met a lot of warri girls on Facebook and some of them do bear Igbo names, and it’s also the same meaning as Igbo name too.

Re: Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by Kingozymandias(m): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Try find something doing with your time
If of all the things to worry about in Nigeria this is the only thing on your mind?, Then you don't have any problems at all or you are unemployed.
Re: Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by Maazieze(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Arinzeemmy21:
I met a lot of warri girls on Facebook and some of them do bear Igbo names, and it’s also the same meaning as Igbo name too.

Maybe the name has significance in their own language?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by Ologbo147: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2022
Arinzeemmy21:
maybe they are not really warri, warri, maybe they are those bilingual urhobo and
Isoko. As for Urhobo ( orogun/kwale) who came to reside in warri. Urhobos have a penchant for claiming warri even though majority are not from there but in this case may reside there
Re: Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by AjaanaOka(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
Arinzeemmy21:

I doubt the Warri girls with Igbo names you met are Warri indigenes. Possibly non-indigenes born and raised in Warri.

"Ngozi Opone" , the name in the screenshot you attached to the post, definitely belongs to an Ukwuani/Ndokwa person, judging by the surname, Opone.
Re: Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by Prettygirl200(f): 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
They are kwales not necessarily Igbos that's delta igbos.
Re: Why Do Some Warri People Bear Igbo Names ? I Have Met A Lot Of Them Online Espec by lte987: 8:04am On Sep 25, 2022
Hi there, please help if you can.

The name AKPOHWOFADAYEN is apparently san Urhobo name however I know that Urhobo (including Isoko) that The Edo, Itsekiri, Kwale, Ika Igbo and Ijaw share kinship and language. So i was wondering if you know the meaning?

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Hausa Names And Their Meanings / Nigeria Held Hostage By A Cabal –rights Activist By Ismail Omipidan, / Any Ekiti Person In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.