Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here (595 Views)

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by Emibolt: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
The end of child birth is here, as people might not be allowed to make babies in the future. In a bid to control overpopulation. Hence, introduction of Tamagotchi kids, many more methods will be used.

You may ask: what are Tamagotchi kids? And how will i have one? Can we stop giving birth to new children?

Explained: Who are the Tamagotchi Generation, the digital
children of the future?
The name comes from the digital pet created by the Japanese toy manufacturer
Bandai, which was a global rage in the 1990s and early years of this century. As of last year, more than 80 million Tamagotchi toys had been sold worldwide.

A new book has predicted that by the third quarter of this century, parents will have the choice of having digital offspring. Which means that if you are in your teens now, you may look forward to playing with a grandchild who will exist only in the immersive digital world of the metaverse.
This will be the ‘Tamagotchi Generation’,
says British behavioural psychologist and
user experience (UX) professional Catriona
Campbell.
“Virtual children may seem like a giant leap from where we are now, but within 50 years technology will have advanced to such an extent that babies which exist in the metaverse are indistinct from those in the real world,” Campbell writes. “As the metaverse evolves, I can see virtual children
becoming an accepted and fully embraced
part of society in much of the developed
world.”

Why ‘Tamagotchi’ kids?
The name comes from the digital pet created by the Japanese toy manufacturer Bandai, which was a global rage in the 1990s and early years of this century. As of last year, more than 80 million Tamagotchi
toys had been sold worldwide.

The toy is an egg-shaped video game the
size of a keychain, which has a screen and
buttons. Once the pet is activated, an egg appears on the screen, and hatches into a pet for the player to raise. The pets feel hungry, happy, sick, and want to go to the toilet etc., and the player can care as much or as little for the pet as they desire. What the pet grows up to be depends on how it
has been trained and raised by the player. What will the kids look like?
Today’s technology is unrecognisable from
the time when the Tamagotchi toy was
developed, and according to Campbell the
virtual children of the future can be built to
look like their parents, and will be able to
provide a range of emotional responses.
This, according to an article in The
Guardian, will include speech, “which will
range from ‘googoo gaga’ to backchat, as
they grow older”.
You will have to put on a virtual reality
headset to bring the child to life — and a
report in The Telegraph quoted Campbell as
suggesting that wearing “high-tech gloves
able to deliver tactile feedback” while
handling the Tamagotchi kid “might
reproduce the physical sensations of
cuddling, feeding and playing with one’s
offspring”.
A report in The Mail Online quoted Campbell
as saying parents would be able to interact
with their digital kids in digital
environments such as a park, swimming
pool or living room. “They will also be able
to choose how quickly the children grow
up, if at all, and can share conversations
and listen to a baby’s coo and giggle as part
of the vision for the futuristic technology,”
the Mail Online report said.

But what’s wrong with real kids?
There is nothing wrong — the Tamagotchis
will just be the metaverse version for those
who might want them. And the metaverse
is seen as the inevitable future
of the Internet.
However, Campbell has mentioned what she
sees as specific advantages to preferring a
virtual kid to a real one — among them, the
fact that they will cost virtually nothing to
bring up, they will consume very little
resources in a world that is already
bursting at the seams and where the
spectre of food shortages looms large, and
they will have a tiny environmental footprint
from beginning to end.
The Telegraph report quoted a 2020
YouGov study into why couples chose not
to have children found that nearly 1 in 10
are concerned about overpopulation, and
another 10 per cent are worried about the
cost of raising a child.
“Make no mistake that this development,
should it indeed take place, is a
technological game-changer which, if
managed correctly, could help us solve
some of today’s most pressing issues,
including overpopulation,” the Mail Online
report quoted Campbell as saying.
All of this sounds so fantastical and
improbable.
It may not be. The Internet and mobile
phones also sounded like bizarre ideas to
many when they were first proposed.
Source: https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/everyday-explainers/tamagotchi-generation-digital-children-metaverse-explained-7949478/

Re: Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by MadamExcellency: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
Go and rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by Righteousness2(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
Depravity at its Peak. The World Inhabitants keep imagining and innovating all sorts of abominations and evils
Romans 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

This Generation is begging for the Wrath of GOD.
GOD will destroy Humanity again!

1 Like

Re: Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by Seniorwriter(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
Interesting years ahead....I'll be gone by then when the world becomes �% Synthetic....Lolz
Righteousness2:
Depravity at its Peak. The World Inhabitants keep imagining and innovating all sorts of abominations and evils

God is not wicked....and doesn't reason like you as human.
Emibolt:

At first the proposed invention seemed funny, until i realized i may be forced not to give birth, as they forced us to take a vaccine and will force us to take their upcoming chips. But God forbid.
I go marry chop my wife, born pikin join.
You might be made sterile or impotent if you wish to be around when the time comes...the world is been dominated by very weird and sadistic humanoids(can't call them humans) because they lack the right thinking and we emphaty.
Be guided.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by Emibolt: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
Seniorwriter:
Interesting years ahead....I'll be gone by then when the world becomes �% Synthetic....Lolz

@Seniorwriter

At first the proposed invention seemed funny, until i realized i may be forced not to give birth, as they forced us to take a vaccine and will force us to take their upcoming chips. But God forbid.
I go marry chop my wife, born pikin join.
Re: Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by Emibolt: 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
Righteousness2:

Their plans are getting unravelled daily and Africa doesn't seem to be awaken by this happenings

1 Like

Re: Computer Babies: The End Of Human Child Birth Is Here by Emibolt: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
Seniorwriter:

You might be made sterile or impotent if you wish to be around when the time comes...the world is been dominated by very weird and sadistic humanoids(can't call them humans) because they lack the right thinking and we emphaty.
Be guided.

@Seniorwriter

let the mods help move this to front page to create awareness. So it will help us, lets born as many children as possible before dey succeed.
No room for peace, as they are creating their babies, lets born our own, brothers and sisters. Lets make more babies please, lols.

(1) (Reply)

Coconut Oil For Sale In Lagos Nigeria - Buy Coconut Oil At Good Price / Alternative/effective Ways To Eliminate Cancer In The Body / Complete Laboratory For Sale- Order Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.