Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View (3813 Views)

Muslim/muslim Ticket......southwest Quietness!!! / What Is Really Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket? - Temitope Ajayi / Presidency: Handover To A Christian, We Are Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket – PFN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Firstly, when has a Muslim or Christian becoming president helped Nigerian masses achieve anything. I am a Christian from the southwest living in Lagos and we have conquered the religious squabbles that have brought turmoil to other regions in the south and made some places unliveable in the north. Just like Tinubu who is a Muslim with a Christian wife, many families in the southwest also have the same scenario and most of the children are allowed to pick the religion they decide to worship or practice. Fashola the former governor of Lagos is a Muslim man who has a Christian wife, and to add to the purity of their union they are both married to just one wife. My father was a Christian and my step mom is a Muslim, do i love my siblings any lesser i don't think so. My best friend is a Muslim, whenever sallah time comes we Christian's are the ones going house to house to chop our own meat. As soon as Christmas or Easter comes around our Muslim friends and family are celebrating it with us. What happened in Owo, Ondo was pure wickedness and trust me the perpetrators will be judged by God Almighty for their evil deeds. Why did a group of armed men kill members of a catholic church mostly populated by ibo's in a southwest town a day before the APC primaries, which had a chance of fielding a popular southern Muslim as its candidate. Only God can answer that question, but what i know is had that incident happened in any other region in the south, a counter attack would have happened in a nearby mosque and a religious war would have broke out. To attest to the love shared by the Muslims and Christians in the southwest the Imams and various members of different mosques went to the church to show their support and to voice their anger over this needless deaths in God's house.

As to the issue of muslim- muslim ticket i don't see anything wrong with it, because in an election you have to win before you can make changes. You have to align and re-align to put the best possible scenario to achieve your goal.
In the south you only have Muslims in the southwest and maybe Auchi, Edo state in the south south. So a Muslim is a minority in the south and in the north out of the 19 governors only three are Christians. So with the religious implications in the north, the northern Christian's are a minority. Elections are meant to be won, so how does the apc candidate who happens to be a minority yoruba Muslim team up with a minority northern Christian whose party apc has only one of the three christian governors in the north. Plateau is the only apc state in the north with a Christian governor and don't forget Plateau state is north central and the party chairman is also from north central. He either picks his vp from northeast atiku's zone or northwest that has the highest votes. As a team player he asked the north to pick his vp, because whoever becomes vp will be the most powerful politician in the north.

All i will say is that tolerance is all that matters, since 1999 when the presidency or the vice presidency went to the north, the presidency or vice went to the majority southern Christians. In all that time the minority southern Muslims have never complained, the last time it happened in an election was during the time of abiola. The northern Christians need to find a unifier in the north, the same way the minority southern Muslims have been able to find a unifier in the south.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Kdon2: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

Long prose... No to Muslim Muslim ticket! Imagine what the north would do if it is a christian christian ticket. Abeg any candidate that is stupid enough not to recognize the religious divide in Nigeria is demonic. Nigeria is fast becoming somalia yet you want Christian's to be further marginalized. You will never know how much osinbajo presence in the present government has help to protect christian interest in Nigeria. Would the north accept a christian christian ticket ever? The answer is obvious abeg! Stop the grand delusion

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by stonemasonn: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:
. I am a Christian

Do you know that there was no church in Aso Rock until Obasanjo, and that Osinbanjo was initially denied access to the church on the first day he went to worship?
Muslims from the north don't think like you. For the sake of the dignity of Christians please insist on a Muslim/Christian ticket for your hero Tinubu.

24 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Enwhen(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:
Firstly, when has a Muslim or Christian becoming president helped Nigerian masses achieve anything. I am a Christian from the southwest living in Lagos and we have conquered the religious squabbles that have brought turmoil to other regions in the south and made some places unliveable in the north. Just like Tinubu who is a Muslim with a Christian wife, many families in the southwest also have the same scenario and most of the children are allowed to pick the religion they decide to worship or practice. Fashola the former governor of Lagos is a Muslim man who has a Christian wife, and to add to the purity of their union they are both married to just one wife. My father was a Christian and my step mom is a Muslim, do i love my siblings any lesser i don't think so. My best friend is a Muslim, whenever sallah time comes we Christian's are the ones going house to house to chop our own meat. As soon as Christmas or Easter comes around our Muslim friends and family are celebrating it with us. What happened in Owo, Ondo was pure wickedness and trust me the perpetrators will be judged by God Almighty for their evil deeds. Why did a group of armed men kill members of a catholic church mostly populated by ibo's in a southwest town a day before the APC primaries, which had a chance of fielding a popular southern Muslim as its candidate. Only God can answer that question, but what i know is had that incident happened in any other region in the south, a counter attack would have happened in a nearby mosque and a religious war would have broke out. To attest to the love shared by the Muslims and Christians in the southwest the Imams and various members of different mosques went to the church to show their support and to voice their anger over this needless deaths in God's house.

As to the issue of muslim- muslim ticket i don't see anything wrong with it, because in an election you have to win before you can make changes. You have to align and re-align to put the best possible scenario to achieve your goal.
In the south you only have Muslims in the southwest and maybe Auchi, Edo state in the south south. So a Muslim is a minority in the south and in the north out of the 19 governors only three are Christians. So with the religious implications in the north, the northern Christian's are a minority. Elections are meant to be won, so how does the apc candidate who happens to be a minority yoruba Muslim team up with a minority northern Christian whose party apc has only one of the three christian governors in the north. Plateau is the only apc state in the north with a Christian governor and don't forget Plateau state is north central and the party chairman is also from north central. He either picks his vp from northeast atiku's zone or northwest that has the highest votes. As a team player he asked the north to pick his vp, because whoever becomes vp will be the most powerful politician in the north.

All i will say is that tolerance is all that matters, since 1999 when the presidency or the vice presidency went to the north, the presidency or vice went to the majority southern Christians. In all that time the minority southern Muslims have never complained, the last time it happened in an election was during the time of abiola. The northern Christians need to find a unifier in the north, the same way the minority southern Muslims have been able to find a unifier in the south.

Why disturbing yourself when u all knw the truth ?, ...because u want to win election ?....you will not even have Nigeria to govern, it's not about PDP or APC antics, it is very clear for all to see...should a Southerner wins, then u would see how divided and insecure Nigeria is...and with a muslim-muslim president-vp, a little killing not even up to Owo will ignite the country, trust Nigeria politicians, the east would be gone completely...how I wish u knw how the presence of Osibanjo as a pastor and PMB as a strong northern Muslim has been helping and saving Nigeria from ignition

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Coolsperm: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2022
Am a Yoruba Muslim but I will never support a Muslim muslim ticket, is not fair, is not good, how can we Muslims give what we will not take, is not good, their most be equity and fairness that is what Islam teaches us

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Oplomo: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
stonemasonn:

Do you know that there was no church in Aso Rock until Obasanjo, and that Osinbanjo was initially denied access to the church on the first day he went to worship?
Muslims from the north don't think like you. For the sake of the dignity of Christians please insist on a Muslim/Christian ticket for your hero Tinubu.

That's if quota45 is truly Christian as he claims.. cheesy

In the build up to 2015 elections, many yoruba muslims here like madridguy, ngeneukenu, Iamwonderful, parachoko, pakute, GoTV, drlateef started claiming to be 'christians' who would vote buhari even as a shariaist. grin

Dem done come again. grin

465 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
Oplomo:

That's,if quota45 is truly Christian as he claims.. cheesy
In the build up to 2015 elections, many yoruba muslims here like madridguy, ngeneukenu, Iamwonderful, parachoko, pakute, GoTV, drlateef started claiming to be 'christians' who would vote buhari even as a shariaist. Dem done come again. grin

Who has religion helped when it is a yard stick to evaluate effective change in a political climate. I am born anglican and has that one helped the price of rice, diesel and high cost of electricity to power your environment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by paramakina202: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
Why didn't Tinubu try muslim muslim ticket first in Lagos?
Why do he always pair muslim christian and christian muslim ticket in Lagos state but want to do muslim muslim ticket at federal level?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Oplomo: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

Who has religion helped when it is a yard stick to evaluate effective change in a political climate. I am born anglican and has that one helped the price of rice, diesel and high cost of electricity to power your environment.

Go añd buy airtime on BBC hausa and do your preaching up north for a christian-christian ticket. The better south does not have a problem with religion..

446 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by joyandfaith: 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

You are right.
South west is not synonymous with Nigeria. Also, MURIC and other fundamental Islamic groups are instigating religious crisis in SW. Hijab for example. Yes, hijab is not a big deal because I see it as arabic culture. Arabs in respective of their religious backgrounds wear hijabs. In early 90s, nothing like hijab crisis. Thing changed in early 2000. Arisekola was alleged to be sponsoring Islamic extremism in SW and i learnt he was being funded by some elements from Arab world.

Arab culture is being propagated through Islam and by promoting hijab and certain Islamic culture.
Nigeria joined OIC in early 90s or late 80s. Why?
What is the mission of OIC.

Nigeria is a testing ground for islamization. Gaddafi knew that. He said Nigeria should be divided into Muslim North and Christian South because he was pan-Africanist and it is only peace in every African nation that pave way for practical Africanism. I think he was right.

Islam is more than a religion it is politics. Average Muslim believes that Islam would dominate the world in the future.

In 2015, some SW muslims showed real hatred for Gej and campaigned for Buhari due to religious factor. Organization like MURIC believes that Tinubu is a sure way for yoruba muslim to become President. Why emphasis on yoruba muslim by MURIC. There is an agenda.

SW muslims are now part of global political Islam.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by konkonbilo(m): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
I wonder how some of us think sef unless we want to lie to ourselves. The real politicians know. People like orji uzor Kalu said resently that if anyone is in Tinubu's shoe he'd pick a Muslim and that is the truth unless we want to lie to ourselves. He's just a step from clinching the presidency seat and you tell him to go choose a Christian that the north won't vote for. If he does that I bet you Atiku will use that against him in the north. 2 things drive people in the north when it comes to elections which is tribe and religion. If it where to be southwest now I won't even bother but you see the north religion will always play a big factor. So don't blame him if he goes to pick a Muslim as his running mate, he's in a tight corner and must win the election. Any reasonable person will do that too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

You would not understand the importance of the balance of religion in politics....until the tongue of your mother is removed and fed to the dogs and jihadis cow. We are trying to save your head from being cut off ..you proving to be dumb...

11 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

You would not understand the importance of the balance of religion in politics....until the tongue of your mother is removed and fed to the dogs and jihadis cow. We are trying to save your head from being cut off ..you proving to be dumb...

So my brother who happens to be a Muslim is now a jihadist that will remove his own mothers tongue. For everything the bible teaches you sure don't talk like a Christian. You guys have more tolerance for hunger than you do for your fellow man. Why must the actions of a few, affect the many who are innocent and are also try to preach peace. There are extremist's in both religions and it's a duty for us, not to allow them to change us.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
konkonbilo:
I wonder how some of us think sef unless we want to lie to ourselves. The real politicians know. People like orji uzor Kalu said resently that if anyone is in Tinubu's shoe he'd pick a Muslim and that is the truth unless we want to lie to ourselves. He's just a step from clinching the presidency seat and you tell him to go choose a Christian that the north won't vote for. If he does that I bet you Atiku will use that against him in the north. 2 things drive people in the north when it comes to elections which is tribe and religion. If it where to be southwest now I won't even bother but you see the north religion will always play a big factor. So don't blame him if he goes to pick a Muslim as his running mate, he's in a tight corner and must win the election. Any reasonable person will do that too
He will lose the election becos Christians are going to get their pvc now and will vote any party with Muslim Muslim ticket

1 Like

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
cry
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

So my brother who happens to be a Muslim is now a jihadist that will remove his own mothers tongue. For everything the bible teaches you sure don't talk like a Christian. You guys have more tolerance for hunger than you do for your fellow man. Why must the actions of a few, affect the many who are innocent and are also try to preach peace. There are extremist's in both religions and it's a duty for us, not to allow them to change us.
Guy forget this your story jare....your Islamic religion is nonsense. Look at what Fulani did to people in benue, Jos, Ebonyi, ogun, southern kaduna and Oyo....this people were killed like ileya ram. Your Tinubu and Atiku have never condemned them for once....to them it's normal because your Islamic religion embrace it. The one that even pained me most was the killing of 700 people that were burnt alive in one day in southern kaduna in 2016. infact your family will go this way for supporting Tinubu.

6 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Isokiscool(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

u not a born again christian as u claim..

5 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Isokiscool:
u not a born again christian as u claim..

Name any leader you know who did well for Nigeria be it Christian or Muslim. If they were really religious they would fight for suffering masses.I hope you will not say osinbajo
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by SWATMan: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
quota45:

Your long epistle shows that you don't understand our diversity and may have possibly not travelled out of your Southwest region.

1 Like

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by sreamsense: 12:03am On Jun 20, 2022
The truth is that Muslims can never accept christian-christian ticket and once you let them taste muslim-muslim, they will turn it to their right which must continue. Some of them will fill with hatred and turn it to violence that may lead to attack of churches or make future government ungovernable. What you will not accept in the future, don't begin it now. What benefit has kaduna muslim-muslim template offered that will like to be emulated? If Tinubu can't get any minority Christian from North East, he should come back home.

We can't be doing everything to please north west, what political sacrifice do they want to offer to make Nigeria move forward. Many will still vote for Tinubu from North if he fails to choose Muslim because many of the states are still being controlled by APC who will like to dedicate to party continuity to continue earning their livings. And besides, love of Tinubu has grown in the north and being trusted by their leaders and his generosity. All these are enough to get tangible number of votes couple with lock down from West and others is enough for him to win with muslim-christian ticket.

He can't jeopardize Christian community for his personal interest because he wants to favour north west. He should get Christian from North East/woman/youth if possible to balance equation for different categories

1 Like

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by techWriter5: 12:09am On Jun 20, 2022
Enwhen:

Why disturbing yourself when u all knw the truth ?, ...because u want to win election ?....you will not even have Nigeria to govern, it's not about PDP or APC antics, it is very clear for all to see...should a Southerner wins, then u would see how divided and insecure Nigeria is...and with a muslim-muslim president-vp, a little killing not even up to Owo will ignite the country, trust Nigeria politicians, the east would be gone completely...how I wish u knw how the presence of Osibanjo as a pastor and PMB as a strong northern Muslim has been helping and saving Nigeria from ignition

They are very stVVpid people!!!

They are only concerned about wining election, and not the health of the country they intend to govern.

Intelligent people will imagine what might happen, if people or the opposition "perceive" the election to be rigged in favour of the muslim-muslim ticket.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Enwhen(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2022
techWriter5:

They are very stVVpid people!!!

They are only concerned about wining election, and not the health of the country they intend to govern.

Intelligent people will imagine what might happen, if people or the opposition "perceive" the election to be rigged in favour of the muslim-muslim ticket.

You are right

Nigeria politicians will ignite the Nigeria with any available opportunity when they have nothing to lose
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Transcriber: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2022
Abeg shut up

We don't want Muslim Muslim ticket

Nigeria is multi religious

367 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by marsman: 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by nnofaith: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
sreamsense:
The truth is that Muslims can never accept christian-christian ticket and once you let them taste muslim-muslim, they will turn it to their right which must continue. Some of them will fill with hatred and turn it to violence that may lead to attack of churches or make future government ungovernable. What you will not accept in the future, don't begin it now. What benefit has kaduna muslim-muslim template offered that will like to be emulated? If Tinubu can't get any minority Christian from North East, he should come back home.

We can't be doing everything to please north west, what political sacrifice do they want to offer to make Nigeria move forward. Many will still vote for Tinubu from North if he fails to choose Muslim because many of the states are still being controlled by APC who will like to dedicate to party continuity to continue earning their livings. And besides, love of Tinubu has grown in the north and being trusted by their leaders and his generosity. All these are enough to get tangible number of votes couple with lock down from West and others is enough for him to win with muslim-christian ticket.

He can't jeopardize Christian community for his personal interest because he wants to favour north west. He should get Christian from North East/woman/youth if possible to balance equation for different categories
Osun a majority Muslim state allowed Oyinlola and Erelu Obada as Gov and dep gov. Without any complaint

1 Like

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by nnofaith: 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
The people that are complaining will not vote BAT even if he names Oyedepo as his running mate. Did they vote Buhari when he chose Pastor Bakare as his running mate, how many votes did Osinbajo win for buhari in the Christian dominated SS/SE did he win any state in those regions. This is politics of hatred, a fair minded person will know APC cannot choose a xtian deputy and win. We are all advocating that the presidency should come to the south is Tinubu not from the south?or is it only southern Christians that are eligible? The same selfishness that the south is displaying in wanting only Christian presidents is what the North is displaying in wanting only a Muslim VP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Highways: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Na wiping out of all Christians go be the target.... Owo go be small case

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Miracle2020: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
quota45:

you are not a Christian. You are just a tinubu crumbs eater.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Miracle2020:
you are not a Christian. You are just a tinubu crumbs eater.

So me having my own view means i am not a christian. Why can't you guys get your point across without the insults and immaturity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is A Picture Of Abacha, Tinubu And MKO Abiola That Was Taken In 1994 / Jigawa People Shunned Tinubu As He Stormed State Yesterday (Video) / Terror Alert: We’ve Restored Confidence, Hope In Abuja, Environs – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.