Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View (3814 Views)

Muslim/muslim Ticket......southwest Quietness!!! / What Is Really Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket? - Temitope Ajayi / Presidency: Handover To A Christian, We Are Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket – PFN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Newton2024: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2022
quota45:
Firstly, when has a Muslim or Christian becoming president helped Nigerian masses achieve anything. I am a Christian from the southwest living in Lagos and we have conquered the religious squabbles that have brought turmoil to other regions in the south and made some places unliveable in the north. Just like Tinubu who is a Muslim with a Christian wife, many families in the southwest also have the same scenario and most of the children are allowed to pick the religion they decide to worship or practice. Fashola the former governor of Lagos is a Muslim man who has a Christian wife, and to add to the purity of their union they are both married to just one wife. My father was a Christian and my step mom is a Muslim, do i love my siblings any lesser i don't think so. My best friend is a Muslim, whenever sallah time comes we Christian's are the ones going house to house to chop our own meat. As soon as Christmas or Easter comes around our Muslim friends and family are celebrating it with us. What happened in Owo, Ondo was pure wickedness and trust me the perpetrators will be judged by God Almighty for their evil deeds. Why did a group of armed men kill members of a catholic church mostly populated by ibo's in a southwest town a day before the APC primaries, which had a chance of fielding a popular southern Muslim as its candidate. Only God can answer that question, but what i know is had that incident happened in any other region in the south, a counter attack would have happened in a nearby mosque and a religious war would have broke out. To attest to the love shared by the Muslims and Christians in the southwest the Imams and various members of different mosques went to the church to show their support and to voice their anger over this needless deaths in God's house.

As to the issue of muslim- muslim ticket i don't see anything wrong with it, because in an election you have to win before you can make changes. You have to align and re-align to put the best possible scenario to achieve your goal.
In the south you only have Muslims in the southwest and maybe Auchi, Edo state in the south south. So a Muslim is a minority in the south and in the north out of the 19 governors only three are Christians. So with the religious implications in the north, the northern Christian's are a minority. Elections are meant to be won, so how does the apc candidate who happens to be a minority yoruba Muslim team up with a minority northern Christian whose party apc has only one of the three christian governors in the north. Plateau is the only apc state in the north with a Christian governor and don't forget Plateau state is north central and the party chairman is also from north central. He either picks his vp from northeast atiku's zone or northwest that has the highest votes. As a team player he asked the north to pick his vp, because whoever becomes vp will be the most powerful politician in the north.

All i will say is that tolerance is all that matters, since 1999 when the presidency or the vice presidency went to the north, the presidency or vice went to the majority southern Christians. In all that time the minority southern Muslims have never complained, the last time it happened in an election was during the time of abiola. The northern Christians need to find a unifier in the north, the same way the minority southern Muslims have been able to find a unifier in the south.

Rejecting MUSLIM-MUSLIM Ticket is a service to God
----------------------------------------
Christians should act fast to reject MUSLIM-MUSLIM presidential ticket as a service to God for the following reasons:
1. It is a strategic Islamic agenda to keep Nigeria under oppressive Islamic rule for the next 16years or more. If MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket wins in 2023, the Muslim president will rule for 8years and hand over to his Vice to become the next muslim president for another 8years.
2. By 2023, we will have experienced 8years of oppression under President Buhari. Additional 16 or more years will be devastating and possibly reduce Nigeria to an Afghanistan. Do not think this cannot happen. We need to act fast to prevent this.
3. MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket implies no northern Christian is good enough to rule Nigeria and northern Muslims will not vote for them. This is absurd and confirms the terrible anti-christ mentality of northern political elite. Why then should Christians vote for northern Muslims? The rejection of northern Christians by northern political elite is akin to denigration of our holy faith. We should fight the good fight of faith by rejecting the Muslim-Muslim ticket. Our pastors and Bishops should raise their voices loud and clear to educate their local assemblies.
4. MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket will reduce Christians to second class citizens. Our children and grand children will find this abhorrent and difficult to forgive our inaction.

URGENT ACTIONS NEEDED
1. Our church leaders (pastors, bishops, evangelists, general overseers, etc.) should urgently and openly educate their church members on the evil of muslim-muslim ticket. They should speak truth to power in their States on this matter. Their messages should be given wide publicity. Christian journalists should do this as a service to God.
2. Every adult christian should be encouraged and helped to secure PVC. Christians working at INEC should help and consider this a service to God. We should urgently mobilise Christians to get PVC. Christians have the number to make the evil MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket to lose in 2023. Moreover, God is on our side. We are watching and we are praying.
3. Christian leaders should be emphatic that Christians will vote massively against any party with a MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket.
4. Christian politicians should urgently speak out loud and clear against MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket irrespective of their political parties. Any Christian politician supporting MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket risk being guilty of the sin of Esau: selling his/her birthright. What shall it profit a man if he gains political position and forfeit the kingdom of God? It pays to be on God's side. If God be for us, who can be against us? Our Christian politicians should be courageous and take side with God. Where necessary, church leaders should do personal counsellings with our brethren in politics.
5. Our faith in Christ is superior to our tribe/ethnicity. There is no ethnicity in heaven. We should not be deceived by our tribal biases. Let us act to save Nigeria from Islamic domination and its attendant ill will.
6. Pray against the evil principality manipulating our politicians into the trap of muslim-muslim ticket.

May God save His church from this wicked assault termed MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket, in Jesus mighty name.

The Church is marching on, the gates of hell shall not prevail against us.

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by duality(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2022
quota45:
Firstly, when has a Muslim or Christian becoming president helped Nigerian masses achieve anything. I am a Christian from the southwest living in Lagos and we have conquered the religious squabbles that have brought turmoil to other regions in the south and made some places unliveable in the north. Just like Tinubu who is a Muslim with a Christian wife, many families in the southwest also have the same scenario and most of the children are allowed to pick the religion they decide to worship or practice. Fashola the former governor of Lagos is a Muslim man who has a Christian wife, and to add to the purity of their union they are both married to just one wife. My father was a Christian and my step mom is a Muslim, do i love my siblings any lesser i don't think so. My best friend is a Muslim, whenever sallah time comes we Christian's are the ones going house to house to chop our own meat. As soon as Christmas or Easter comes around our Muslim friends and family are celebrating it with us. What happened in Owo, Ondo was pure wickedness and trust me the perpetrators will be judged by God Almighty for their evil deeds. Why did a group of armed men kill members of a catholic church mostly populated by ibo's in a southwest town a day before the APC primaries, which had a chance of fielding a popular southern Muslim as its candidate. Only God can answer that question, but what i know is had that incident happened in any other region in the south, a counter attack would have happened in a nearby mosque and a religious war would have broke out. To attest to the love shared by the Muslims and Christians in the southwest the Imams and various members of different mosques went to the church to show their support and to voice their anger over this needless deaths in God's house.

As to the issue of muslim- muslim ticket i don't see anything wrong with it, because in an election you have to win before you can make changes. You have to align and re-align to put the best possible scenario to achieve your goal.
In the south you only have Muslims in the southwest and maybe Auchi, Edo state in the south south. So a Muslim is a minority in the south and in the north out of the 19 governors only three are Christians. So with the religious implications in the north, the northern Christian's are a minority. Elections are meant to be won, so how does the apc candidate who happens to be a minority yoruba Muslim team up with a minority northern Christian whose party apc has only one of the three christian governors in the north. Plateau is the only apc state in the north with a Christian governor and don't forget Plateau state is north central and the party chairman is also from north central. He either picks his vp from northeast atiku's zone or northwest that has the highest votes. As a team player he asked the north to pick his vp, because whoever becomes vp will be the most powerful politician in the north.

All i will say is that tolerance is all that matters, since 1999 when the presidency or the vice presidency went to the north, the presidency or vice went to the majority southern Christians. In all that time the minority southern Muslims have never complained, the last time it happened in an election was during the time of abiola. The northern Christians need to find a unifier in the north, the same way the minority southern Muslims have been able to find a unifier in the south.

I couldn't read it completely after the first three lines because the objective is known.

Know this. We know APC depends on rigging. but in a free and fair election, Tinubu will not win Lagos state with a Muslim Muslim Ticket.

You think people are happy with what Buhari did with government? Because people don't talk?

You will be shocked at what will happen in Lagos Churches.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2022
Originakalokalo:

No. It has not.

However, Nigeria is a diversified nation.

This should be respected.

I am Yoruba and I believe the Igbos should also be given a time to rule.

It may not be now, it must be done.

What you have said about a ibo man becoming president is true because of the tribal issues we face in Nigeria. I don't vote party i vote from the candidates who emerged. I voted Jonathan in 2015, atiku 2019 and by God's grace asiwaju in 2023. Nigeria is too big of a nation to be picking candidates because of tribe instead of what he has to offer. When has a president coming from a certain tribe help develop his own region. I believe asiwaju has the brain, the know how and the team to get it done.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by bjdon: 11:10am On Jun 24, 2022
quota45:

All long talk. If Tinubu goes with a Muslim Muslim ticket he'll loose the SE, SS, Benue, Plateau, Tarawa, Adamawa, Kaduna, Bauchi and maybe Ondo. Lets see how he becomes president sharing the rest states with 3 others.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by VoteObi2023: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2022
Yoruba moslems almost killed Fayose, Makinde and Fayemi because the number of Christian commissioners is more than the number of Moslem commissioners.

The same people crying that OYO elected a Christian governor are the same people pushing Moslem Moslem ticket at the centre.

Moslems say there is nothing wrong with a Moslem-Moslem ticket but will never accept a Christian Christian ticket.

We will never forgive Yoruba moslems
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Osaze007: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2022
VoteObi2023:
Yoruba moslems almost killed Fayose, Makinde and Fayemi because the number of Christian commissioners is more than the number of Moslem commissioners.

The same people crying that OYO elected a Christian governor are the same people pushing Moslem Moslem ticket at the centre.

Moslems say there is nothing wrong with a Moslem-Moslem ticket but will never accept a Christian Christian ticket.

The same Yoruba Muslims campaigned no to Christain Christian ticket in Yoruba land
- campaigning against Makinde because he’s a Christian
- are asking for a Yoruba Muslim Governor in Lagos in 2027 despite being minority in Lagos
- have not voted a Christian governor in kwara
- Lagos house of assembly, representatives and senate is filled with 90% Muslims ni space for Christians
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Originakalokalo(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2022
quota45:

What you have said about a ibo man becoming president is true because of the tribal issues we face in Nigeria. I don't vote party i vote from the candidates who emerged. I voted Jonathan in 2015, atiku 2019 and by God's grace asiwaju in 2023. Nigeria is too big of a nation to be picking candidates because of tribe instead of what he has to offer. When has a president coming from a certain tribe help develop his own region. I believe asiwaju has the brain, the know how and the team to get it done.

Yea Asiwaju has the brain.... let's accept....

There is a Northern christian that has the brain as well.

If he picks a Northern Muslim, he is simply selfish.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Yea Asiwaju has the brain.... let's accept....

There is a Northern christian that has the brain as well.

If he picks a Northern Muslim, he is simply selfish.

If he picks a northern Christian he will surely lose. Two minorities can not beat two majorities. Asiwaju is a minority Muslim from the south while the Christian's are minorities in the north.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2022
VoteObi2023:

At least the emergence of peter obi in LP has stopped you guys from calling Nigeria the zoo. I want to welcome you guys back to Nigeria but understand one thing, Nigeria is too complex for someone like peter obi to rule.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2022
ok
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
shocked
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by VoteObi2023: 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
quota45:

At least the emergence of peter obi in LP has stopped you guys from calling Nigeria the zoo. I want to welcome you guys back to Nigeria but understand one thing, Nigeria is too complex for someone like peter obi to rule.
Nigeria is too advanced for tribal bigot and a sick old thief to rule.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2022
smiley
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
ok
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2022
ok
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by poiZon: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2022
quota45:

The Northern govrs under ApC fought against power remaining in the North after the mumu president picked Ahmad lawan as his choice.
Just as they did for the South to ensure fairness and equity, they should also make sure the religious tolerance isn't abused cause they want to win.
They knew tinubu was a Muslim from the south, they collected his billions and supported him, they should also chose a christian from the North and support too.

One man with plenty baggages.. Only tinubu certificate wahala, only tinubu Muslim-Muslim ticket..
Haba are we dunce?
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by ogbuefi677(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

You are right.
South west is not synonymous with Nigeria. Also, MURIC and other fundamental Islamic groups are instigating religious crisis in SW. Hijab for example. Yes, hijab is not a big deal because I see it as arabic culture. Arabs in respective of their religious backgrounds wear hijabs. In early 90s, nothing like hijab crisis. Thing changed in early 2000. Arisekola was alleged to be sponsoring Islamic extremism in SW and i learnt he was being funded by some elements from Arab world.

Arab culture is being propagated through Islam and by promoting hijab and certain Islamic culture.
Nigeria joined OIC in early 90s or late 80s. Why?
What is the mission of OIC.

Nigeria is a testing ground for islamization. Gaddafi knew that. He said Nigeria should be divided into Muslim North and Christian South because he was pan-Africanist and it is only peace in every African nation that pave way for practical Africanism. I think he was right.

Islam is more than a religion it is politics. Average Muslim believes that Islam would dominate the world in the future.

In 2015, some SW muslims showed real hatred for Gej and campaigned for Buhari due to religious factor. Organization like MURIC believes that Tinubu is a sure way for yoruba muslim to become President. Why emphasis on yoruba muslim by MURIC. There is an agenda.

SW muslims are now part of global political Islam.
You sabi book.
Islam is more of an Arab political movement obsessed with world domination.
Sadly,d SW muslims are being drawn into the dominance thing,unknowingly to them,by ppl like the MURIC man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by poiZon: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2022
quota45:

Who has religion helped when it is a yard stick to evaluate effective change in a political climate. I am born anglican and has that one helped the price of rice, diesel and high cost of electricity to power your environment.
Oga even Muslim faith doesn't help the reduction in bribery and corruption..
Religion never help Nigeria but we r saying NO to Muslim-Muslim ticket.
If ur excuse is that tinubu's wife is a pastor in redeem, then replace bola ahmed tinubu as the candidate with Remi tinubu...
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by Donclaracuzo: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2022
Na so them use corner corner capture Turkiye. They will tell you not to bother that it doesn't matter and matters later. This guys beliefs are to capture and conoquer and not to negotiate with you they termed aruni. Christians should be wise and resist this with full measures.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by trantayo: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2022
No Yorubas Muslim will reject Tinubu's Muslim -Muslim ticket because Tinubu is not a religion bigot. The only wife that is living with him over 20years ago is a Pastor in RCCG. what a religion tolerance.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 11:21am On Jun 27, 2022
trantayo:
No Yorubas Muslim will reject Tinubu's Muslim -Muslim ticket because Tinubu is not a religion bigot. The only wife that is living with him over 20years ago is a Pastor in RCCG. what a religion tolerance.

That is why i am so confused that people are complaining. The Vp in Nigeria is a ceremonial post and a spare tire whose only hope is to pray the president is incapacitated so as to wield any real political power.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2022
poiZon:

The Northern govrs under ApC fought against power remaining in the North after the mumu president picked Ahmad lawan as his choice.
Just as they did for the South to ensure fairness and equity, they should also make sure the religious tolerance isn't abused cause they want to win.
They knew tinubu was a Muslim from the south, they collected his billions and supported him, they should also chose a christian from the North and support too.

One man with plenty baggages.. Only tinubu certificate wahala, only tinubu Muslim-Muslim ticket..
Haba are we dunce?

Somebody submitted a university degree from Chicago state university with honours, he also finished Cum Laude and you are talking about secondary certificate when the minimum criteria is waec. How more tolerant can he be, a muslim man who maintained one wife who happens to be christian and a pastor in the church. Lets talk about issues and leave propaganda alone
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
kiss
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by poiZon: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2022
quota45:

Somebody submitted a university degree from Chicago state university with honours, he also finished Cum Laude and you are talking about secondary certificate when the minimum criteria is waec. How more tolerant can he be, a muslim man who maintained one wife who happens to be christian and a pastor in the church. Lets talk about issues and leave propaganda alone
Bros before u attend university, u must have pass through secondary school.
USA isnt that lawlessand unorganised to admit someone into college of remedial studies without seeing his O-level result.. Also without finishing primary school u can't gain admission into secondary school.
Even as unorganised and lawless Nigeria is, all these basic steps must be followed to metamorphose to the the peak of any educational background.
Atiku can also admit he married wives who are all christians..
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by quota45: 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
poiZon:

Bros before u attend university, u must have pass through secondary school.
USA isnt that lawlessand unorganised to admit someone into college of remedial studies without seeing his O-level result.. Also without finishing primary school u can't gain admission into secondary school.
Even as unorganised and lawless Nigeria is, all these basic steps must be followed to metamorphose to the the peak of any educational background.
Atiku can also admit he married wives who are all christians.

In America all you need is your GED if you don't have a high school diploma. GED is just like waec and it is an exam. Once you take S.A.T exams you can now enroll in any college or university depending on your scores.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by donb06: 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2022
quota45:

I am Christian from the southwest and i don't share your views, because we were not taught to behave or think like that. Also what did my family do to you that you wish them death. There is power in the tongue, whatever you wish for someone will surely come your way. For all you have said, it shows you are not a true Christian. Repent because the kingdom of God is at hand.
Listen bro. Nigeria is not South West.

WHY IS TINUBU CHOOSING A NORTHERN MUSLIM AND NOT A CHRISTIAN??

BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WIN THE NORTH

WHY CANT HE WIN THE NORTH WITH A NORTHERN CHRISTIAN?

BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE ROLE OF RELIGION IN POLITICS.

This your message of religious tolerance is needed more in the NORTH. Because the core issue of TINUBU choosing NOTHERN MUSLIM is because the NORTH WONT VOTE FOR A NORTHERN CHRISTIAN. GRACIAS.

If you can beckon on the SOUTH to allow a Muslim Muslim ticket, but can't beckon on the NORTH to just accept a Christian V.P Then you're a hypocrite.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket Southwest View by poiZon: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
quota45:

In America all you need is your GED if you don't have a high school diploma. GED is just like waec and it is an exam. Once you take S.A.T exams you can now enroll in any college or university depending on your scores.
So where is the GED bobo chicago took?
Abi that one ne for radio dem dey announce results?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara Commissioner, Suleiman Rotimi Bags Engineers Society's Award Nomination / Jigawa People Shunned Tinubu As He Stormed State Yesterday (Video) / Breaking News: European Union To Cancel Nigeria Election Due To Irregularities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.