Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk (497 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Delaying Peter Obi- Kwankwaso's Merger Deal / A Twitter User Wants To Travel From Lagos To Kano For Obi/Kwankwaso Merger / The Obi/kwankwaso Merger Is Ready! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by Noblechykk(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2022
It has been confirmed that there is a merger talk ongoing between the candidate of Labour party, Mr. Peter Obi and the candidate of New Nigeria People's Party, Engr. Rabiu Kwankwaso. If the new electoral law is a barrier to their proposed merger as many have stated here as I have not gone through the act, why are they still going ahead with the merger talk or is there a loophole they could exploit in the electoral act in the event the merger happens. Lawyers in the house, enlighten us.
Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by Artisticity1: 11:15am On Jun 19, 2022
Ok
Till then
Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by nnofaith: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2022
The only way you can substitute a candidate in an election under the new electoral act is by withdrawal or death. How can you withdraw from partipating in an election and then again apply to participate in same election in a different party?

The Obi/ Kwankwaso merger is DOA
Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by Noblechykk(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2022
nnofaith:
The only way you can substitute a candidate in an election under the new electoral act is by withdrawal or death. How can you withdraw from partipating in an election and then again apply to participate in same election in a different party?

The Obi/ Kwankwaso merger is DOA
Noted; I am just wondering while the merger talk is still ongoing.

1 Like

Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by perez100: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2022
Peter Obi will defeat all other candidates. Is it not a shame that the so called big parties are not strong in social media? That is a clear indication that Nigerians are tired of the criminals in PDP and APC ruling Nigeria.

Both Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu will divide North East and North West votes while Peter Obi will win South East, South-South and most parts of North Central. Again, Peter Obi will be voted in North East, North West and South West by those that have conscience and genuinely wants positive change in Nigeria. These ones are those that goes beyond tribes and religions. They will vote for the best.

Tinubu will only win South West because if Tinubu wins there will no longer be credible elections in Nigeria. Nothing for opposition parties again in Nigeria.
Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by jumper524(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2022
Noblechykk:
It has been confirmed that there is a merger talk ongoing between the candidate of Labour party, Mr. Peter Obi and the candidate of New Nigeria People's Party, Engr. Rabiu Kwankwaso. If the new electoral law is a barrier to their proposed merger as many have stated here as I have not gone through the act, why are they still going ahead with the merger talk or is there a loophole they could exploit in the electoral act in the event the merger happens. Lawyers in the house, enlighten us.
substitute the word merger for working together. One of them can still collapse their structure to work with the other. It's too late to form a coalition at the moment.

1 Like

Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by nnofaith: 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
perez100:
Peter Obi will defeat all other candidates. Is it not a shame that the so called big parties are not strong in social media? That is a clear indication that Nigerians are tired of the criminals in PDP and APC ruling Nigeria.

Both Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu will divide North East and North West votes while Peter Obi will win South East, South-South and most part of North Central. Again, Peter Obi will be voted in North East, North West and South West by those that have conscience and genuinely wants positive change in Nigeria. These ones are those that goes beyond tribes and religions. They will vote for the best.

Tinubu will only win South West because if Tinubu wins there will no longer be credible elections in Nigeria. Nothing for opposition parties again in Nigeria.
LOL! Just like that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by Globad(f): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
nnofaith:
LOL! Just like that!

Let them continue to comfort themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by Noblechykk(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
jumper524:
substitute the word merger for working together. One of them can still collapse their structure to work with the other. It's too late to form a coalition at the moment.
Alright. Thanks
Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by nnofaith: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Globad:

Let them continue to comfort themselves

I find it hard to comprehend how these peeps reason! They think they can hoodwink everybody into believing thier Peter Obi is a Saint narrative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Question On Obi & Kwankwaso Merger Talk by Noblechykk(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
nnofaith:

I find it hard to comprehend how these peeps reason! They think they can hoodwink everybody into believing thier Peter Obi is a Saint narrative.
No one is saint; even the holiest among us has something bad they have done but using Nigeria political template to judge, Obi is more than a saint.

(1) (Reply)

Made Mistake As President When Picking My ‘number Two’- Obasanjo / POLITICS2023: Tinubu Narrates How He Paid For People’s WAEC Fee... / Ipob Allowed Youths To Die In Imo But Want Army To Flush Criminals In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.