Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. (268 Views)

2023, Ekiti Election: Tinubu, Fayemi Meet In Lagos / Exposed! Ekiti Election Rigging Evidences / Ekiti Election-my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. by Gbadamosi01(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2022
Let me start by saying that I do not believe that youthfulness is a guarantee of better government in Nigeria. In fact, things may get worse if some segments of the Nigerian youth population find themselves in the corridors of power.

While I detest the continuous emergence of gerontocrats, especially those with ailing health and medical challenges, I also believe that the youth are not doing enough to take back government from the old ones.

Youthfulness doesn't automatically confer leadership skills, nor does old age make one stupid. Ageism is one of the evils we need to fight as well if we're really serious about building an egalitarian society.

The recently concluded election in Ekiti State shows that some youths prefer to mortgage their future by selling their votes rather than make sacrifices for the general well-being of the country.

It is more worrisome because they unabashedly rejoice after collecting money.

To make matters worse, they recorded themselves (in their misery) and shared the videos on the internet. They probably wanted to chase down clouts or brag about their newfound bribes.

I don't think that youths like these are ready to take the mantle of leadership in this country.

Despite the influence of civilization, our elections are still marred by violence, thuggery, voter intimidation, ballot box snatching, and other infractions.

These are undoubtedly sponsored by political gladiators.

The sad news is that youths are used to perpetrate these criminal acts. Politicians recruit these youths during elections and give them unfettered access to arms and ammunition.

They're used to terrorize and victimize political enemies.

They gleefully do all these things because politicians will share free money during an election. After the election, they began to engage in social vices (theft, kidnapping, etc.) with the weapons given to them.

I don't think these ones are ready to take our country to the promised land.

Another subset of our youthful population prefers to whine and complain on social media instead of getting involved in the process. They can tweet aggressively and write epistles with high proficiency.

Read more here�
https://ofofoentertainment.com/ekitis-election-is-proof-that-youth-are/

Re: Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. by budaatum: 11:46am On Jun 19, 2022
After we've elected the wrong person and are suffering, one should remember you youths caused it by not shining your eyes and voting.
Re: Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. by tolue42(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Obi is 60 years of age, so who is the youth among the presidential contestants ?

We should stop deceiving ourselves in this obodo Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. by lathrowinger: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
This is bahd
Re: Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. by mii4u(f): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
tolue42:
Obi is 60 years of age, so who is the youth among the presidential contestants ?

But at least he is the youngest compared to the other two. He is the youngest presidential aspirant for now.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. by duro4chang(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
tolue42:

Don't mind the wailers

(1) (Reply)

Organ Harvesting: My Journey To UK, Mr David Ukpo Narrates. / Introduction To VDI And How Does It Work? / SEUN, WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOUR BRAINCHILD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.