Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,393 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Ekiti Election-my View - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ekiti Election-my View (280 Views)

Ekiti's Election Proves That Youths Are Not Ready To Take Over Government. / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality / Exposed! Ekiti Election Rigging Evidences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Election-my View by WilsonGideon1: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good evening.
First of all,I am not advocating for any individual or political party but I will analyze as a political scientist ,I will like to acknowledge the effort of all pass leaders of the state both military and civilian,may God continue to be with them and their families.
We will be electing our new Leader in the next 45 hours, I want us to discuss if the incumbent governor really deserved to have a candidate. I think major part of his achievement was on Infrastructural Development,Education,security and maybe Agriculture.he does have some short comings,which are explainable ,the non payment of salaries and pensions, non recruitment despite the number of the people retiring every year,low wages given to some political office holders, the reduction of allocation going to local government and conversion of some state properties to his own properties E.t.c. let's take them one after the other, on the issue of salaries, Ekiti is still not the first nor the last among the states owning salaries in nigeria,in fact, some states controlled by the ruling party owns more than double of Ekiti e.g. osun,kogi,Benue and Nasarawa States,although that's not an excuse for owning workers salaries.on the issue of recruitment, I don't think a state which has not paid salaries,can just decide to add to her work force without any assurance of paying the outstanding salaries of existing workers. On the issue of low wages to some political office holders, is unfortunate, but don't forget that majority of them never taught of getting to that level at first,majority of them were favoured by this same man,many of them were handpicked by the governor,if you were earning thirty thousands naira monthly and you were invited to a company to come and earn 100 thousands (unmerited) but on getting there,you were told you would be paid seventy thousands naira, I think its still a Fair deal considering the economic situation of our country.on the issue of financial autonomy to local government, almost all states governors in Nigeria gives low allocation to their subordinates, they believed the money can be better managed by them,until the federal legislatures give local government autonomy, it will continue in that trend.on the issue of conversion of state properties, he doesn't have any excuse to covert the public properties to his own properties, that's criminality but don't forget very few people can say it boldly that they knows where the properties is, while its part of corruption that has eaten deep into our system, no political office holder can be excluded,both present and past.I had my university education in one of the west Africa countries, I know of some of our politicians (both ruling and opposition) party members, who have large investment there,most of them had their money through dubious means.
In conclusion,personally,logically and in all sense of humility,I think he deserved to choose a candidate because he has worked for it and its the tradition of all politicians to have a replacement for themselves,in fact,no body is excluded, we all want the person who will continue with our legacies.it is left to the electorates to juxtapose,and select who ever they want without any intimidation.
God bless Ekiti.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.
God bless Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Please Let Us Respect One Another's Opinions / Komoblastic X Davido - Benzima (30 Billion Gang) / Is The Ronaldo-messi Ballondor Duopoly Finally Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.