Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Muslim-muslim Ticket; Tinubu, Not Osinbanjo, Delivered SW To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket; Tinubu, Not Osinbanjo, Delivered SW To Buhari (184 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Tinubu Is Free To Pick His Team - Bishop Kukah / APC Presidential Ticket: Tinubu On Edge As Cabal Sells Lawan To Buhari / SW To Assume 5% Role From 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket; Tinubu, Not Osinbanjo, Delivered SW To Buhari by donpata(m): 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Proponents of Muslim Muslim ticket mischievously or ignorantly claim that Core North won't vote for a Northern Christian Vp. They also claim there's need for the VP to be a "strong man". Well, I disagree with that.

What was Osinbanjo's political value in 2015 when APC wanted to snatch power from PDP? I bet most Nigerians never knew of Osinbanjo until Tinubu brought his name up as Buharis VP. Tinubu was the one that used his structure to deliver the SW to Buhari cos to me, Osinbanjo had no real political value at that time. Even now, we saw him place third behind Amaechi even as a sitting VP.

Coming back to the North, I see the Northern gov mischievously pushing this idea through their cohorts so that Tinubu can pick one of them. Truth is, Buhari and the joint force of the APC govs is what will win APC the presidency and not who he picks as VP. Of coz, I'm not saying that the position of VP won't influence the vote kpatapata. But the truth is, if Buhari, A SITTING PRESIDENT from Northwest truly and honestly uses his cult followership, which is still very active even now, Tinubu will coast to victory even with a Christian VP. This is plus the commitment of the Northern Govs. Don't forget most of the core Northern states have been traditionally ANPP/APC and the electorates will largely do what their leaders ask from them.

For me who has been in Kaduna under the first Muslim-Muslim ticket, I can tell you it's bad omen for Christians especially those in the North. Apart from Tinubu that may bring in a few Christians, a Muslim Northern VP will expectedly surround himself with mostly those in his circle- Muslims. The nepotism u saw with Buhari especially with the service Chiefs and the consequent insecurity we are facing will be Child's play.

Lastly, Christians need to wake up especially those saying it doesn't matter. In fairness, will it be logical in Nigeria of today to have 8yrs of a Muslim leading, then another 8yrs of another Muslim (whether Atiku or Tinubu), likely followed by another 8yrs of a Northern Muslim President after Tinubu, yet deny Christians a VP slot? If u join hands with a likely Muslim Muslim ticket, u are agreeing that Northern Christians are 2nd class citizens who shouldn't be elected President, or Vice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advisory As APC Plans “home Coming” For Bola Tinubu / Obidient, Kwancerned Nigerians Shout For Joy As Kwanwkaso, Peter Obi Talks Progr / APC Bola Tinubu Tells Lagos High Chiefs To Prepare For 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.